heRO-Server Forum
Need some GM help or help of some1 who knows - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Game Related (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Need some GM help or help of some1 who knows (/showthread.php?tid=15067)

Pages: 1 2

Need some GM help or help of some1 who knows - Mukakruda - 06-21-2010 12:46 AM

So, what is the requirement of the graphics card and video performer of the computer to play? My computer's mother board fried, and in the meantime before the part comes in, I have a replacement laptop that's kinda old and it's graphics and video performers a a little out of date Sweat , and I don't want to take the time to wait for the downloader for like 3 hours to find out that it can't preform well enough for it. So if someone could tell me that ASAP, that'd be great, I have no idea when my new part will get here. Thinking

RE: Need some GM help or help of some1 who knows - LoU - 06-21-2010 12:53 AM

200-ish ram
any integrated(cheap cheap cheap) graphic card

+ a cpu no older than 10 years

run game in full screen + lower res??to reduce work load.

use task manager to close basically every non-essential user-based program to reduce cpu and ram usage.

RE: Need some GM help or help of some1 who knows - Former-GM-Circe - 06-21-2010 01:17 AM

What are you computers system specs?
It won't just be graphics you want to be looking at. RAM, CPU, OS and other things will also greatly effect it.

RE: Need some GM help or help of some1 who knows - Mukakruda - 06-21-2010 03:00 AM

well, last time i attempted to download a game that requires higher performance it showed that my video processor was unable to preform the task due to being out of date

RE: Need some GM help or help of some1 who knows - Mukakruda - 06-21-2010 03:16 AM

lets see, it has a 32-bit operating system, 512 MB RAM, Intel® Pentium® M processor 1400MHz 1.40 GHz, and it uses windows 7, and my graphics adapter is a standard VGA

RE: Need some GM help or help of some1 who knows - Former-GM-Circe - 06-21-2010 03:19 AM

... You're running Windows 7 on 512RAM? o.o

You'll probably have some trouble right there. Running the OS alone will be eating up most of that RAM.

RE: Need some GM help or help of some1 who knows - Mukakruda - 06-21-2010 03:46 AM

yup

RE: Need some GM help or help of some1 who knows - Mukakruda - 06-21-2010 03:47 AM

i don't really have much of a choice, it's my dad's again once mines fixed... it's my grandma's old computer that she gave up cause she couldn't take it off the charger

RE:??Need some GM help or help of some1 who knows - ShadowValentine - 06-21-2010 03:57 AM

LoU Wrote:200-ish ram
any integrated(cheap cheap cheap) graphic card

+ a cpu no older than 10 years

run game in full screen + lower res to reduce work load.

use task manager to close basically every non-essential user-based program to reduce cpu and ram usage.

I have the feeling my CPU's older than 10 years old. And I run HeRO at 1024x768x16 windowed.

It's kind of terrible, but hey, it works... Can't really expect much more out of it.

RE: Need some GM help or help of some1 who knows - Former-GM-Circe - 06-21-2010 04:02 AM

A 1.4GHz CPU should be able to handle RO. I've run it on less.

But the RAM coupled with the OS.. Its doubtful you'll have enough useable RAM to run the game after the OS takes it share.

Edit: Found this for you.
http://iro.ragnarokonline.com/download/systemspec.asp

Bare in mind Windows 7 is probably using 400MB or so of your RAM in idle, with nothing running in the background at all.