heRO-Server Forum
Darn you Microsoft! Windows Live Essentials help. - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Game Related (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Darn you Microsoft! Windows Live Essentials help. (/showthread.php?tid=18139)

Darn you Microsoft! Windows Live Essentials help. - Rurouni Kalain - 01-22-2011 05:34 AM

As many of you may or may not know at this point, Windows is forcing us all to update suddenly and without warning. I for one actually went to bed at 9:30PM to both get more sleep and get up by 5:30AM to be up a bit early to get ready for the birthday events today at 6AM (9AM server time). I've spend hours checking things out, looking things up, and I haven't been able to figure much out at all except that it's a pain in the freaking butt. So, in hope to help people out, I provide this.

http://messengergeek.wordpress.com/

I just installed it, works great, everything is lovely. *HUFF*...

Plus, it fixes the whole link not working things, so heck it's even BETTER.

Very much hope this helps people. If you really want the new thing that Microsoft put out, hey be my guest, just know it's right now it's a huge pain and will take you many hours. Just use the link. Icon_biggrin;

Note: seems that not everyone has been having this issue, but if this can help even one person save time then it will have been worth it, so if it has helped you do please say so I can feels good. ^_^

RE: Darn you Mircosoft! Windows Live Essentials help. - Spuznik - 01-31-2011 12:14 AM

Personally lately I've decided to stop using the live client in favor of raptr, I have more then one MSN because I don't like giving away my personal one to just anyone, and I also have about 4 other accounts with different services so It saves me having all those programs always back ground running, I ALSO play a lot of video games full screen and it's overlay saves me there as well. you should give it a try =P.

RE: Darn you Mircosoft! Windows Live Essentials help. - Mulberry - 01-31-2011 08:12 AM

This is why I just use Trillian.

RE: Darn you Mircosoft! Windows Live Essentials help. - Mystic - 01-31-2011 10:17 PM

I use Steam. Works great.

RE: Darn you Mircosoft! Windows Live Essentials help. - Ultima_Pi - 02-01-2011 12:55 PM

Trillian blows. How good is raptr?

RE: Darn you Mircosoft! Windows Live Essentials help. - Rankin - 02-01-2011 01:53 PM

Raptr is nice, I use it for ingame. Mainly LoL and Dawn of War.

RE: Darn you Mircosoft! Windows Live Essentials help. - Spuznik - 02-06-2011 10:02 PM

Raptr is fairly light weight, doesn't force you to scan things you receive, allows you to connect any IM (but skype) anyone uses. the downside is VOIP and conferencing kinda don't exist. The overlay for full screen games is awesome that's its main selling feature.

RE: Darn you Mircosoft! Windows Live Essentials help. - Rurouni Kalain - 02-07-2011 12:25 AM

Interesting I'll have to try it out later when my term is over and I have time to dink around with it thanks for the idea. Voice over IP is not there? Mmm, well that would be a reason for me to stick with MSN and Yahoo then..though they are not the best---meaning I also have to use Skype of course. STILL seems like it could be a useful way to do things to bypass the increasingly annoying and difficult changes that these companies make on there programs.