heRO-Server Forum
How to make a successful guild? - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Game Related (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Suggestions/Questions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: How to make a successful guild? (/showthread.php?tid=20216)

Pages: 1 2

How to make a successful guild? - The Legendary Joe - 08-18-2011 02:48 PM

Atm, I'm trying to make a guild, but I'm the only member. so far, I've tried recruiting but that fact alone tends to kill it. And I'd rather not send out random invites to people on the streets of town as it tends to make the guild look bad and noobish.

Atm, I really don't care if it's woe or social, though I'd really prefer social, but How does one go about making a successful guild?

RE: How to make a successful guild? - proto - 08-18-2011 04:00 PM

offer nudes for people to join

RE: How to make a successful guild? - The Legendary Joe - 08-18-2011 04:07 PM

Tried that, it scared peoples away =/

RE: How to make a successful guild? - proto - 08-18-2011 04:09 PM

D= Maybe try to recruit some people from old guilds of yours, (like NE) Then do some guild parties in odd areas since thats what you enjoy =O Who knows, maybe some other people will see and will want to join *_* I know my Lord Knight is guildless and I'd join yours =O

RE: How to make a successful guild? - raphael.cruger - 08-20-2011 04:59 PM

Talk to and invite every non guilded person you see.

Kick those who don't play.

Eventually you will end up with a team of regulars and/or serial killers.

RE: How to make a successful guild? - Landon - 08-20-2011 05:57 PM

Do MVPs, that seems to keep a guild together. It gives people a reason to log on rather than just leveling. I can't think of one guild that didnt do MVPs and lasted more than a few months. DoE and Behe do them all the time and they've been around forever.

RE: How to make a successful guild? - Shikari - 08-20-2011 06:04 PM

Leaving inactive people in the guild seems to kill them pretty easily.

RE: How to make a successful guild? - mahawirasd - 08-22-2011 01:24 AM

you need a good hook; something like regular party times or guild events etc...

you can pander a bit, but in the end a guild can only live with people on similar play schedules (does not necessarily mean timezones, as some of us are nightowls), so either be on enough or keep night/day shifts...

-w-

RE: How to make a successful guild? - trinitrotoluen - 08-22-2011 09:11 PM

I agree with shepard. Let do the big mvp,hold big exp party to leech and people will see their benifit so they join and keep stay in

RE: How to make a successful guild? - Amara - 08-23-2011 02:59 PM

I don't think MvPing is necessary to making a guild successful, depending on your goals.??What's important is that you do things that a guild you want to make will enjoy.??You say you want more of a social type of a guild, so you need to gear activities and recruitment around those things.??Activities that increase people's friendships with each other such as get to know you trivias with minor rewards (it doesn't even have to be monetary...perhaps you have a priest warp a character to 5 unsaved towns of their choice).??

Even though you say you don't want to send out recruitment messages on main or invite random people, without placing that trust in people you'll never get a good base started up.??As someone else said, invite people, as you get to know them, decide if they're people you want to keep around.??I don't think a guild should be terribly difficult to get in on a server like hero, but I think it should not be gauranteed that you'll stay in it once you do get in.??I don't think you should worry about inviting people and how it may affect the guild negatively.??When I invite someone to behemoth, I pay attention to them at first and see if they do indeed fit the guild and my goals for it well enough to stay.??If you, as the guild leader, decide they aren't right for the guild, you shouldn't feel bad about expelling them.

I think its most important, though, that you keep activities up in the guild.??If you want to be a social guild, make sure people are making friends.??Make sure you're having fun together.??I think KoJ has weekly parties every friday.??That idea is awesome for a guild.??It encourages people to get to know one another and gives the guild members faith in the fact that things are going on and the guild is a fun place to be.

In HeRO, with so many guilds out there, it may take a while but you will eventually get a base of players who agree with what you want to do with your guild.??The important thing is not to give up and to have a clear idea of what you want to do with your guild.

I'm not online a lot the last few days (not been feeling well) but if you want to talk to me sometime when I'm on in more depth, I'd be willing to have a chat with you anytime.