heRO-Server Forum
Commas - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Game Related (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Suggestions/Questions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Commas (/showthread.php?tid=22178)

Commas - Iretha - 06-05-2012 02:41 AM

Maybe I'm dumb, I've always been mathematically challenged. But whenever I @ws an item and try to gauge the price, I hover my mouse over the numbers, and count the zeroes, 1..2...3. I hold my mouse there and look at the rest of the number, and somehow after a good while of squinting and bringing my face towards the screen, I can tell the price. Perhaps I just need to get used to "eyeballing" the prices and being able to know if something is a 1,000,000; a 10,000,000; ect. just by seeing the general "size" of the number.

It may be impossible, I have absolutely no grasp on how coding works, but if it is possible (and hopefully relatively easy, I don't want to ask too much). Can commas be implemented to the prices displayed in the chat box when you @ws something? (The other day I thought a Raydric card was only 2.3m, I was so happy! ...For a while.)

Sorry

It's not too big of a deal, I've been able to get by so far, but sometimes I give up on trying to read the chat box and spend a few minutes in Prontera /where-ing my way to the shop at the top of the list to see the price for myself.

RE: Commas - The Legendary Joe - 06-05-2012 06:11 AM

I've always had to count the zeroes too, and I'd enjoy this change.

RE: Commas - Former-GM-Forge - 06-05-2012 07:58 AM

Short answer: It is possible.
Problem: Convincing Pandora to recompile the server.

RE: Commas - Draco - 06-05-2012 09:13 AM

Yea I've even had the problem of trying to eyeball it and then choosing the higher price to realize I wasted money.

RE: Commas - Weapon - 06-05-2012 10:00 AM

The color of the price is kind of an indicator, but it's not much of one

RE: Commas - Draco - 06-05-2012 10:11 AM

@weapon the @ws command doesn't have colors though unless I am color blind

RE:??Commas - KaminoKaoru - 06-28-2012 04:48 AM

Aaww.. I'd like heRO to have this too. And I'm sure plenty of others out there would agree. Icon_wink

RE: Commas - Firenza - 06-28-2012 06:16 PM

I always have to literally put my finger on the screen over the price and uncover the zeroes one by one to figure it out. I would love commas!