heRO-Server Forum
Item Personalization NPC - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Game Related (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Suggestions/Questions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Item Personalization NPC (/showthread.php?tid=28942)

Item Personalization NPC - Menace651 - 10-30-2015 02:00 AM

Would be cool to have an npc that could personalize your gears. For example Pantie --> Menace's Pantie. It could be used as a zeny dump charge 250k or so per item. It could also help people identify lost/stolen gear and make items feel more personal. Not sure how hard this would be to add/code but just a neat suggestion that i have seen from other games.

RE: Item Personalization NPC - Sen - 10-30-2015 10:28 PM

I was thinking it would be a waste, but after mentioning lost/stolen gears, YES PLS!
I can't count the items my items have been swapped around accounts... and even lost my own stuff. This would be very useful if implemented, if it was possible. I understand if it may not be, I think something like this would be hard to do...

RE: Item Personalization NPC - GM-Rahice - 10-30-2015 11:26 PM

One problem is that if you put a name on something, the slot disappears.

RE: Item Personalization NPC - GM-Garr - 10-31-2015 04:49 AM

What Rahice said. Current implementation (and only one since I'm not advanced enough to completely recode client in assembly for that) takes all 4 slots to "name" the item. It's all good on slotless/etc/usable items, but ones that have slot will have that gone.

RE: Item Personalization NPC - Sen - 10-31-2015 08:13 AM

Oh that sucks, I guess it's a no-go for now ;;-;;
Too bad... it was such a nice idea...

RE: Item Personalization NPC - Amaziah - 10-31-2015 02:48 PM

Daww, that actually did sound pretty good.

I used to play a server where they did this, but it was with un-slotted gears as well... Either way, it's a nice feature that could possibly be added in the future. xD