heRO-Server Forum
Rebalance Selkies - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Game Related (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Suggestions/Questions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Rebalance Selkies (/showthread.php?tid=29779)

Rebalance Selkies - Menace651 - 01-02-2018 12:16 AM

Could GM's redo the Selkies in Muspel and Mini Muspel? Getting past those things is impossible if you don't have enough people. It was fine when this server still had a big population but now its a lot harder with a smaller population.

Getting past the selkies requires 10 good killers. Less if you have well geared people that can do 2-3. That plus support classes and it can take a party of 8-12+ people to complete. There are other ways to cheese past them with only 2-3 people but that is a pain in the ass as well.

I suggest reducing the number of selkies to around 5-6. Or make them non-respawning but a lot harder to defeat as a kind of stall tactic. Also make them boss flagged to prevent people from knockback/polymorphing them allowing people to cheese it with 2-3 people. This would allow smaller parties of 5-6 people to successfully complete Muspel.

RE: Rebalance Selkies - GM-Ayu - 01-02-2018 12:56 AM

Initially, they were movable, on a smaller map with the same stats except for 8x the HP (so that's why currently they have an insane exp/hp ratio), but it was mobbed by solo players with water immunity/gtb so they got changed to the way it was. It's essentially a hard count that you must have X number of players to move further as the intent, no matter how flashy your gear is. So a lot of "problems" that you pointed out are intended by GMs of that time era.

Boss mode to avoid cheese polymorph does sound like a plan to stop a loophole, though it also means you can't silence them anymore. As for changing the intention to lower Muspel's head count to 5-6 and adjust Muspel accordingly, we'll have to think that one through. I'll also be honest that given the current dev schedule that we've planned, I don't see any chance of major changes beyond monster database adjustment type of thing until May as the best case scenario either...