heRO-Server Forum
Acting Competition/Event - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Game Related (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Acting Competition/Event (/showthread.php?tid=3777)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Acting Competition/Event - Loki - 10-17-2007 12:01 PM

What does this mean?

You will have to make up a little story or base it off something you've seen (be it a comedy sketch, movie scene, movie spoof, game spoof whatever your imagination thinks up) and you will act it out in your group.

What are you talking about?

Get in a group, think up a storyline and use your knowledge of RO skills and emoticons, and maps to act out your play.

You could act out a certain part of a famous movie-lord of the rings "who will take the ring to Mordor?" scene; a scene from a game- a Metal Gear Solid spoof, a final fantasy scene etc

How will I do this?

There are two ways:

For those of you who have FRAPs, or can easily get it, you can make a recording and submit it, remember that when you're done recording to change it from raw video so that the file size is smaller.

or

Comic Book Style

Rules?

* You may only participate in one group/submission
* If it is a video it must last no longer than 5minutes.
* If it is a comic, you must crop it to look like a comic, and not have full size screenshots.
* Be as creative as possible. Use all the commands you have: Text, Emoticons, Head Gears, Weapons, Monsters etc
* MAXIMUM OF 5 people in one group (this does not mean you have to have 5 people you can have anywhere from 1~5 people)
* You may have music going over the top of the video if you are using fraps to do it.

Other Information:

Time Frame If you sign up all submissions must be turned in by 12/15/07 (can be turned in sooner), winners will be announce 12/17/07 after the judging.

Prizes:

Prizes will be based on number of submissions. Meaning if we only get one submission odds are it won't be anything fantastic.

If we can manage to get 6 or more entries the prizes will be as follows:

First Prize:
10 allegiance points
500,000 zeny
1 OCA
3 OPB
1 Jewel Case?
1 Hat Voucher

Second Prize:
5 Allegiance points
200,000 zeny
2 OPB
1 Jewel Case

Third Prize:
5 Allegiance Points
100,000 zeny
1 OPB
1 Taming Giftset

Consolation prize
1 OBB
1 Taming Giftset

Current Teams
Avalon Fates, Naruki and Kin River
Okayaki

Pending Teams
Spire
The Legendary Joe
1337 N0V1C3 0F D00/\/\ - Jubei

RE: Acting Competition/Event - Loki - 10-17-2007 01:15 PM

Oh yes forgot to mention please make a post in this thread when you have your team so we know who is on who's team.

RE: Acting Competition/Event - Spire - 10-18-2007 08:32 AM

I'm really want to enter this, but I've got a question.??How big does the comic strip need to be, can it be one large image, or does it have to be several sets of strips, or is that completely up to us? Icon_wink

I know I'm going to enter, but, I don't have a team yet, most likely will only be a team of two people, I'll post my group names in this same post when I get everyone together.

RE: Acting Competition/Event - The Legendary Joe - 10-18-2007 09:12 AM

lol I have the perfect scene planned out...

RE: Acting Competition/Event - Loki - 10-18-2007 09:15 AM

as long as it's in comic book format it isn't too big of a deal, if you do it as larger images or multiple pages lets try not to have to read an entire book, I would say keep it to 4 or 5 images at most. Reason being I don't want one entry to take up 2 pages of forum space Icon_lol

:edit: If any players feel that their entries may not fit any guidelines feel free to pm me.

:edit2: showing an example

[Image: alpha3vs3.jpg]

[Image: beta2bb1.jpg]

RE: Acting Competition/Event - Former-GM-Auron - 10-19-2007 02:13 AM

Icon_lol I saw that one coming a mille away but i love it none the less.Icon_biggrin

RE: Acting Competition/Event - Loki - 10-19-2007 01:25 PM

For those of you who don't have quick access to a good free version of FRAPS here's another decent recording program:

Camstudio
http://camstudio.org/dev/CamStudio.2.5.b1.bin.zip

RE: Acting Competition/Event - Avalon_Fates - 10-25-2007 12:53 AM

Ok i might be able to win this..but im gonna need Leaf Cats LOTS OF LEAF CATS!!!! MUHAHAHA.. also a bit of help from a few friends *rushs off to prepare*

Ok scrap the Leafcats lol, So far my Group Consists of Me Avalon Fates, Naruki and Kin River (I really hope i wrote there names right) When is the due date btw

RE: Acting Competition/Event - Loki - 10-25-2007 09:47 PM

due date is 12/15/07 ._. so we're giving everyone two months

RE: Acting Competition/Event - Loki - 11-09-2007 04:07 PM

Just a reminder only one more month for this, also, if you're going to participate please post here or pm me, that way I know which prize set I'm allowed to use Icon_razz

Remember less people = not as good prizes.