heRO-Server Forum
heRO Meeting 2008 - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Game Related (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: heRO Meeting 2008 (/showthread.php?tid=6241)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

heRO Meeting 2008 - GM-Pandora - 05-23-2008 10:39 AM

Updated 2008/07/09

Last summer we held a real life meeting of the server, read info here:
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=2817

We're renewing the experience this summer since it was pretty fun ^_^

Sadly, most of the population of heRO cannot make it, due to geographical location. The meeting is held in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, it's great if you are in the area, it's also doable with a bus ride for people in the regions of Quebec City, Ottawa and even New York, Boston and Toronto.

[Image: mtlonmapdx1.jpg]

Even if you live further, if you like traveling Montreal is an awesome city to visit, so why not book a vacation around the time of the meeting? Icon_wink

The date/time is Saturday August 2nd 2008, from around 2 PM until 5-6 PM.

The meeting is at the same place as last year, at the Mont Royal parc. Here are detailed explanation on how to get there:

First part, getting to the corner of "C?te Sainte-Catherine" and "Parc".

[Image: cornerstreetsed4.jpg]

If you are using the subway, get off at "Mont-Royal" station on the Orange line.

[Image: planmetrodl3.jpg]
http://www.stm.info

Once you get to that station you will have a short walk to get to the corner of "C?te Sainte-Catherine" and "Parc". Follow the instructions on the maps below.

[Image: viewaerial1aj1.jpg]

If you're coming by car, the overview map above should help you as well since it has most major street in the area. Those maps were taken from http://www.mapquest.ca, head there if you need further instructions on getting to that area.

A closer look:
[Image: viewaerial2op4.jpg]

Once there, head to the heRO meeting place, just follow the trail up and then head left, as indicated in the pictures below:

[Image: view1vv9.jpg]
[Image: view2zn5.jpg]
[Image: view3vp0.jpg]

It's a short walk to the meeting place, if you can no longer see civilization, you probably went too far XD
[Image: meetingplacepy7.jpg]

Hopefully it doesn't rain and many people will come! ^_^

RE: heRO Meeting 2008 - Former-GM-Mystra - 05-23-2008 10:45 AM

Count me in, and knowing the date in advance this year will help in staying and not leave for work!

RE: heRO Meeting 2008 - wussypuff - 05-23-2008 11:06 AM

if i can afford a bus ticket from wisconsin, i'm in!!! however i may need a place to crash for a night >.< I PROMISE I'M A GOOD HOUSE GUEST

RE: heRO Meeting 2008 - Culex - 05-23-2008 11:24 AM

Why not...o_o

RE: heRO Meeting 2008 - The Legendary Joe - 05-23-2008 11:53 AM

Lacking a job and money, obligations to education, and the explanation that I'm going to meet a buncha people I met on the internet, Doesn't seem like I'll be able to come XD Though one of these years, I'd like to attend one

I see detroit at the far west of that makp, and it's like a 4-6 hour drive from where I live to detroit, maybe longer if there's construction, and I don't think a plane ticket would be feasible at this point in time

RE: heRO Meeting 2008 - Guillermo - 05-23-2008 12:00 PM

If I didn't live in Texas I would sooooo be there ^_^

RE: heRO Meeting 2008 - Bloody - 05-23-2008 12:48 PM

Quote: I PROMISE I'M A GOOD HOUSE GUEST

lol, you just want to crash at Pandora's house so you raid the server's datafiles and give yourself hax items Icon_twistedIcon_twisted

RE: heRO Meeting 2008 - Peeka~ - 05-23-2008 01:07 PM

That was fun last year Icon_smile count me in!

RE: heRO Meeting 2008 - Eldakar - 05-23-2008 03:21 PM

Can we finaly bring the keg ( a real one ) this year?

RE: heRO Meeting 2008 - GM-Pandora - 05-23-2008 03:55 PM

Do you need beer to have fun? Sweat

Meh, we'll see I guess, depends on the age of the heroes coming.