Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is considered afkmist?
BlueAlchemy Offline

What is considered afkmist?

Although I'm quite aware of how illigal going afk with a homunculus wondering around is. I keep remembering/hearing people saying that there ways you could leave your homunculus out and it wouldn't be a crime, so here is what I was shown to believe is legal and illigal, please correct me if I'm wrong or if I missed anything

Your allowed too

-go afk with homunculus on any map that does not contain monsters
-go afk with homunculus out on any map with monsters passive or aggresive as long as the homunculus is on passive mode (The definition of passive is that it will not move or attack, at all, even when either of you are under attack)

your NOT allowed too

-go afk with homunculus on any map where there are monsters or plants
-go afk while using a program or macro to feed or command your homunculus while your away
-Fail to respond to a GM when you have a homunculus thats been fighting or recently fed

Characters:
Zraxus (main) Creator
Brave Sir Robin    Bard
Inigo   Crusader
VixPaladin  (for gods sake I'm a priest not a paladin)
Check out my store!
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2009 10:30 PM by BlueAlchemy.)
08-31-2009 04:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Neuneck Offline
Back on the road!

RE: What is considered afkmist?

The hommun attacking monsters that attack you is a matter of the AI. If your AI makes sure passive mode is really PASSIVE a.k.a. not moving a cell w/o you ordering to, it should be fine.

Mr Moe - 99/69 SinX
Mr Satch - 9x/6x Clown
Mr Power - Xx/Xx Whitesmith
Mr Strafe - 9x/50 Hunter - Coffee Break
Mr Heal - 9x/50 Priest
08-31-2009 07:16 AM
Former-GM-Mystra Offline
Posting Freak

The only problem is if your Homunculus is killing a monster while you are not around. Failure to answer a GM when we see your homunculus attacking monsters will result in a ban, period.

To be safe, if you go afk, turn your monster passive, or even safer, take him back in your pok?ball (rest).

PS: Failure to answer a GM when we see your homunculus get fed will also result in a ban, period.

~ RMS ~ Top 100 ~ Top 200 ~ Vote Daily!!
[Image: Mystrad.jpg]
~ Support Tickets ~
08-31-2009 12:09 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

One of the bad things about rest, it won't work unless the homunculus is nearly full health (Considering a good deal of players are cheap and don't like buying/making potions to heal their??new bestest best friend, after all they could just ressurect them as soon as they die.), so a third option is to go to town and AFKemist the??town wild roses.
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2009 12:34 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
08-31-2009 12:33 PM
KohakuSan Offline
<3 Hill Lions!

Logging out always works too.
08-31-2009 12:35 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

what i would surmise as the main question is:
since there is a ~10 minute time frame between each "optimal" feeding, are chemists allowed to alt-tab during that time?

logs should easily show the rate of feeding (naturally to detect bots/macro), thus a player unable to respond in 10-15 minutes to a GM is, imho, acceptable as he may be alt-tabbing at the moment. But if the homun remains unfed for over 30 minutes, then that person is definitely AFK or it was his/her fault he/she alt-tabbed for too long and that inaction warrants a ban.

-w-
09-01-2009 02:02 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

If you alt-tab/AFK in a town without monsters (Not sure on town wild roses), it should be all good.

And on a couple of my chemists, I was stupid and Fed it all the way up to 75 which is as high as you can let it go without loosing intimacy. Because of this, if I AFK in town for like 45 minutes or something to get it back down to 25 or lower so I get that guaranteed 1 intimacy with each feeding, that would mean I'd be banned because of that inactivity monitoring crap you said.

So long as a 3rd Party program isn't being used to make sure it's fed on time, and so long as it's not attacking anything, then there is no reason to warrant a ban.
09-01-2009 02:19 PM
Former-GM-Mystra Offline
Posting Freak

RE:??What is considered afkmist?

GM-Mystra Wrote:PS: Failure to answer a GM when we see your homunculus get fed will also result in a ban, period.
Which means the homunculus uses an emoticon. Logic says you *have* to be on-line by that time. Icon_biggrin

~ RMS ~ Top 100 ~ Top 200 ~ Vote Daily!!
[Image: Mystrad.jpg]
~ Support Tickets ~
09-01-2009 05:40 PM