Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gunslinger Guns...
hiropyro Offline
~insert witty phrase here~

Gunslinger Guns...

^_^ I recently created a slinger...And am loving it I loved my hunter, but honestly I did not like the way sniper looked at the time. Now I love snipers, but anyway.
I remember reading somewhere a long time ago. (not on these forums mind you. Somewhere more official Ragnarok.) That they originally planned to give a specific sprite for each gun. Would this be possible? Or does it require something out ragous? Because If its possible I may try to work on the guns..

[Image: sigp.gif]
09-01-2009 01:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Naruhodo Offline
Ace Attorney

RE: Gunslinger Guns...

On that note I want sprites for all the maces and knuckles ;D

There was hearsay that they're finally going to add sprites for each weapon in the Ragnarok Renewal update; I don't know if that's 100% for sure though.

I also think I heard that heRO probably isnt going to do the renewal (the game mechanic changes are too drastic; I'd prolly be glad if they didnt do it), but maybe they could add the sprites from the Renewal update when the time comes. Icon_smile

[Image: tumblr_ox8eztGfqD1rtqyteo1_400.jpg]

I'm back?
Naruhodo, 99/70 Champ
Naruhodo Ryuuichi, 99/70 Whitesmith
Edgeworth, Sniper
Lawrence Moe Curls, Bard
Father Totoro, Priest
09-01-2009 09:59 AM
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

Off Topic :
I'd be pleased if they added the Renewal Mechanics, since it seems much more balanced than now.

On Topic :
As far as I remember messing up with sprites, weapon sprites are located in a folder respective to their own class, and then, each weapon sprite has the ID number of the weapon it represents, as well as the sex of its user.

So basically, to modify a weapon sprite, you would need to make it match the correct ID of the weapon you want to replace with.

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
09-01-2009 12:25 PM
hiropyro Offline
~insert witty phrase here~

RE:??Gunslinger Guns...

Fyrus Carmin Wrote:Off Topic :
I'd be pleased if they added the Renewal Mechanics, since it seems much more balanced than now.

On Topic :
As far as I remember messing up with sprites, weapon sprites are located in a folder respective to their own class, and then, each weapon sprite has the ID number of the weapon it represents, as well as the sex of its user.

So basically, to modify a weapon sprite, you would need to make it match the correct ID of the weapon you want to replace with.
Alright cool I knew about the sprite folders, but I thought that it required something more :D thanks.
@naruhodo
>>;; If we don't get the renewal mechanics I may leave this serve. lol It just simply makes the game faaaar more balanced. I mean casting time for mages are changed etc. 3rd jobs with out renewal would be like PBJ with the PB.. I may talk to Pandora and see what would be required to change it all over and I will start learning how to help. Icon_razz
and if they don't release individual sprites for each weapon I may even do maces and knuckles XD. Definitely wanna do spears and sword. XD

[Image: sigp.gif]
09-01-2009 12:30 PM
Former-GM-Mass Offline
Banned

Renewal isn't even done oficially yet, then it'll take a WHILE for eAthena to code it and a bit more until private server have it. I doubt we'll ever get 3rd jobs without renewal in here either way, they aren't meant for old mechanics.
09-01-2009 12:39 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

eA already said that they aren't doing it, or if they are, they'll start off a new branch with a new name that isn't "eAthena" to do it to avoid confusion. As for the weapon sprite, I'm not too sure how it works since all the guides about weapon sprite are extremely outdated written before 2007 >_<;

09-01-2009 01:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply