Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Carded Item Transformation
JamesPhail Offline

Carded Item Transformation

I remember when I used to play Diablo 2, you would get these loot called runes (RO card equivalents) and you could slot them into items with sockets (RO slotted equips equivalents.) If you slotted the right runes into an item, I recall that it would turn into a stronger version of that item with different attributes.

Now, you probably see where i'm going with this... I was thinking maybe a similar mechanic where, if you slotted certain specific cards into a weapon or armor, you could turn said item into an NPC and they would transform it into a sort of heRO custom(but balanced) item of that item but retained some of the card effects, or turn into a completely different item, and with a little bonus attribute on the side.

I think that this idea, like the mr hatter guy, would help eat up those useless miscellaneous cards that we all have sitting at the bottom of our kafra storage and would open an opportunity to get fresh creative gear.
08-20-2013 12:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Seth~ Offline
Half-ling Assasin

RE: Carded Item Transformation

Interesting idea. Me like the idea of combustibility, and exclusivity to hero.

most wanted buying list
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=19956
08-20-2013 02:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Azote Offline
The Ban GM

RE: Carded Item Transformation

There is a feature that can give up to +3 to a single stat to an armor.

Regarding game mechanics, this imbue can be from +1 to +10, of any stat, and can be added to any item that does not have 4 slots opened. They are quite much like cards, so we could just throw up new imbue effects through a lot of work, if we wanted to.

Quote:Now, you probably see where i'm going with this... I was thinking maybe a similar mechanic where, if you slotted certain specific cards into a weapon or armor, you could turn said item into an NPC and they would transform it into a sort of heRO custom(but balanced) item of that item but retained some of the card effects, or turn into a completely different item, and with a little bonus attribute on the side.
Whenever you combine items through a NPC, it's generally called a quest. We have a lot of these in Ragnarock. I can even make a NPC that turns gold into jellopies. This will be fun ;p

Ragnarok is not Diablo 2. Really not, and not intended to looks like. Sure, I would like an Arkaine Valor armor that looks like a garbage can upside down with opened holes for the arms.
There are no charm item that you just bring along in your inventory and recieve a bonus. Items have an equal base power here, we get to refine items for additionnal defense/attack and we can card them to fit better bonuses. There are card combos if you have them in different items.

Speaking of any new gear, it also has not to break the actual game breaking.

Possibilities are nearly endless, but, as a GM, our time isn't endless.

This was my opinion. Thanks for the suggestion though.

[Image: Azote.gif]
HeROwiki
Support tickets
08-25-2013 09:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply