Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Great Player Gap
Huntress Offline
Mad Trapper

RE: The Great Player Gap

I know there's gonna be a follow up to the letter quest for low level players and it has a nice reward gear ^_^

I suggest hunting poring cards for zeny, easy at your level and worth about 400k.

Huntress 99/70 Sniper ~ Tiya 99/70 High Wizard
[Image: sigsniper9us3.jpg]
08-07-2009 06:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

basically it's what she and the other said...

i think the warper starter quest was genius. Considering the training grounds bonus (kafra tickets and a bit of cash), i would say the warper quest really complements the next step for new players to get a foot hold on the basic realms of RO (at least the "basic cities").

i understand your frustration regarding the tough scalelike stems, but imho since archers have it too easy anyway (and that basic arrows can be bought from NPCs), gravity might have decided to make their ability to be even more self-sufficient a bit harder. Because let's face it, making arrows is crazy hax in the sense that it really cleans up all those unwanted misc items and at the same time saves you a gajilion zeny (even more if you use that archer all the time)... so i believe that all in all the effort needed to get those tough scalelike stems would be worth it in the end...
furthermore, i actually believe that a lv 4x archer can hunt them by them self with basic equips (just arrows and a gakkung bow) killing each stem worm with ~7 DS and then sitting to recharge SP... might take a while, but it's doable and definitely worth it.

I too agree that perhaps there should be more quests for lower lvl chars, however even those woefully unequipped can level quite fast up to at least lvl 2x just bashing away porings willows spores thief bugs, and so on...
so fast even, that somehow i wonder whether providing them with a quest would take more time to do than bashing monsters mindlessly which in turn will compel very few to actually do the quests...

but hey, i'm all for new quests, it gives me and my wife more things to do... Ok

-w-
08-08-2009 05:20 AM
Flapjack Offline
Ahoy!

I'm one of those guys unlucky (or poor) enough to not have a Gakkung Bow by that time. The best equips I have ever got my hands on here is a Great Bow, and it's not from a monster.

Actually, I'm lucky that the Noobie Pack NPC has some so-so equips to get my defense past 10; without it, my journeys here will certainly be a lot harder.

Anyway, I'm now having a smoother leveling experience, managing to go 60/5*. Most of my items have been the help of many players here. Icon_smile

Captain Flapjack - 8x/50 Hunter - Wonders if the cake Pandora baked has an expiry date.
Janus Firebrand - 3x/2x Merchant - Rests too much. *Hey, quit playing hooky!*
Blaize Brightflame - 6x/2x Soul Linker - Likes his red hair better than blonde.
08-08-2009 08:14 AM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

If you're looking for a stable guild of helpful people the Guild thread on the forums has many available Guilds for all types of people.

We were all noobs once.

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
08-08-2009 10:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

S'okay. My gypsy still uses a Arbalest[1] as her bow. =P

Inasad
stop doing dickers
08-08-2009 11:11 AM
Kenshiro-san Offline
Somebody say Sohee?

Quote:Definitely joining a guild helps with getting your foot in the door. I think the most successful players on heRO have been the ones that joined a guild they were happy with early on.

Yes I think this is true.

You do get a bit overwhelmed with so much stuff shown, things you need, ect, but trust me, on main people are more than willing to help out, there's always someone bored around pront that wants to help newbies *ahem*me ;.;*ahem* xD
I had trouble when I first got there too, actually quit for a while.
But trust me, this server is awesome compared to what I've heard about other servers and their community. The players are great and if you're a newbie and ask politely, they will be more than willing to help out. Who knows, you might get a good friend or two this way. Icon_wink

As to the economy, it's fine, some things are way over priced, some are just fine. But you can't just give up because it's "too expensive". I've done guild parties to help get items and such, so if you're in a guild, whichever it is, I'm sure they would be glad to help you on quests. I myself had some in the mining quest. Icon_biggrin

Don't just give it up or get mad, challenge is part of the gameplay! :D Heroes don't work alone all the time you know! Icon_smile

Click on ->[Image: Smiley7.gif]<- to know about Algid Skepcis! We're so awesome not even Naruto believes it.

Characters:
Kenshiro-san - Priest - XX/50 - Algid Skepcis
Whisps - Ninja - XX/XX - Algid Skepcis

08-08-2009 01:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

I started off not knowing a thing about hatter cards, or I most definitely would have hunted them :]

Really...I just did small item harvesting things for people- getting semi easy items that some were either, too lazy to get, or would rather just pay someone that needed zeny for an applicable job.
easy to challenging item grabbing+ exp from said monsters=ftw :D

I swear, I have leveled off of poison spores, and various other monsters while harvesting alot, and I am now level 76 I do believe...I need to train more today though.
(hint hint-killing poison spores for karvodailnirol is great and easy money...despite the low chance of getting one :])
08-08-2009 02:27 PM
Kenshiro-san Offline
Somebody say Sohee?

I myself go poring card hunting when I'm in desperate need of money, or if you're leveled enough, you can head to Moscovia. Kill Les (Formerly known as Mavkas), they drop pretty good stuff, though it's common. Aloe Leaflets can sell up to 1k on main, and sharp leaves can NPC for a bit. Icon_biggrin Common loot, but well worth it, plus the exp is also nice up to lvl 70something. From there you're good to try out a few other spots and, if available parties are willing to go with you, head to nameless and sell your loot from there. Icon_biggrin

Click on ->[Image: Smiley7.gif]<- to know about Algid Skepcis! We're so awesome not even Naruto believes it.

Characters:
Kenshiro-san - Priest - XX/50 - Algid Skepcis
Whisps - Ninja - XX/XX - Algid Skepcis

08-10-2009 03:47 PM
hiropyro Offline
~insert witty phrase here~

*got lazy reading everyones replies*

I honestly, think a novice quest line that you can only do before Base Lvl 50 >>;; or something. And only once per account, one that shows you the basics and helps you get your platinum skills. And gives you hints at certain quests that are custom to the server.
Icon_razz but most of all just ask on main, if I am on I can help most of the time. No1 It is much better than leveling! ^_^

[Image: sigp.gif]
08-14-2009 01:33 PM