Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PVM Arena???
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

RE:??PVM Arena???

cane 33 Wrote:Eh no: Rahice included Muspel area (no random mobs on that dungeuon), so why can't include Orcus area?
Are both place too fight custom monsters asd

And yet, Rahice's post wasn't the original post, let alone the original??suggestion.

The TOP part of her reply in her answer directly to the suggestion.

The BOTTOM part of her reply is a list of custom PVM things heRO currently has that fit under PVM as a whole, since, you know, Rahice doesn't see the original idea working on a low rate in the first place. IE, heRO. Ie, not something heRO would have. Ie, something heRO doesn't have because the GM team find it a highrate thing. Ie, not heRO.

There. Think I've covered the entire loop.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2012 11:37 AM by Ellie.)
09-11-2012 11:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cane 33 Offline
Pancake

RE: PVM Arena???

LOL

Then simple add the Orcus Dungeuon to the Rahice's list and dot.

How much drama for nothing

[Image: 2uikp3q.jpg]

Ren is the best
09-11-2012 11:45 AM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

dude, just WALK OUT OF TOWN if you want PvM.

-Nydd, Moscovia, Thanatos Tower, Kiel Quest, Ice Dongeon, Thor, Nameless, and so much more... These came with the game... you want pvm, the game in his own nature offers you tons of PvM.

On top of that: PvM
-We have customised HeRo only monsters/Dungeons
-We have HeRO only cards/gears (Azote's hard work)
-Hatter (Fancy hats)
-Events that are PvM based, Pandora tried the wave thingy.
-GMs crack BBs/Dbs in PvM Rooms
-Cute wings
-Cute tames/pets
-and so much more

Now, the reason why people lvl is to get stronger, grind to get money ->gears, for what? to compete in WoE. (My Logic: why would you strive to become better if you don't want to compete with others?)

Let's face it, RO is an old game, if you're tired of always killing the same monsters, well, it's not the GM's fault. The game is made like that and i don't even think the original creator is updating anything since 2010 (??).

All I know is they made 2nd classes too strong, so they nerfed it, then they made 3rd classes, too strong, too many 1hit KO? They created BG with sick reducts, they implemented WoE reductions -40% and whatnot...

You guys know Pikachu? yesss, everyone would relate it to Pokemon, Pokemon has much to offer, but Pikachu steals the show. Same thing here, RO's economy/competition/gear/lvling -> mainly is for WoE. Weather you want to accept it or not, the Pikachu of RO is WoE.

If you want to play RO for other experiences, it's fine too! Everyone choose what please them the most. BG/Farming MVPs/getting ressources are definitely not a priority for none WoE/PvP players (my logic again).
Those who like to sit in town and socialize, it's awesome! Those who like to collect cute things, good for you! You play the game as you wish as long as you follow the server's rule! Therefore, LET THE PEOPLE WHO STRIVES TO GET BETTER FIGHT FOR UPDATES/OTHER VITAL CODINGS!!!
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2012 05:01 PM by ChaosPrince.)
09-11-2012 03:51 PM
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

@Chaos

I fail to understand your line of logic. People who have no intention of WoEing (e.g. myself) have no reason to strive to become better or fight MVPs? Um... what? I strive to become better/get stronger gears... SO I CAN FIGHT MVPs. And party on high-level maps. Competing against the game mechanics and AI is still competing. WoE isn't the be-all, end-all of RO just because it's your favorite part. No one thing is the be-all, end-all of RO. PvM, PvP, RP... everything is equally valid. I don't understand why everyone has to get all mad at each other and cry foul play whenever something that isn't in their desired category gets an update implemented, or even just suggested. :/

To help:
Join Test & Dev and/or our heRO wiki
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

[Image: 29bnhpd.jpg]
09-11-2012 06:34 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

I'm still not sure why we'd need a PvM arena - 90% of the server IS a PvM arena. Go explore. Try different party setups. Test different strategies. Use interesting builds.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
09-11-2012 07:07 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

i disagree with the notion of a pvm arena, but not due to RO being already mostly pvm - most of the maps are nuanced background fillers (and pretty good fillers at that, mind you), but only a select few actually present a challenge that shows how MMORPGs urge players to cooperate and trains them to be more skillful at their respective roles. Therefore, I agree more to the notion that such an arena would not be well suited for a Low Rate server.

There's the DB room and you can buy/farm DBs easily enough. BBs are also quite plentiful and relatively easy to get.

automated events such as muspel, some GM events such as town invasions, etc, as well as all the custom dungeons (Such as orcus) should provide enough of a variety of challenge on top of the regular high end mvps.

ergo, there isn't a need for it.

W
09-12-2012 01:09 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Ilike the notion of a monster arena, Like the izlude monster arena that used to be on older versions of RO where??you get a variety of monsters based on your level and possibly class, You essentially tried to blaze through like 5 or 6 rooms with increasing difficulty, and if you beat it, you got points with which you could purchase certain things.

This is referenced here: http://irowiki.org/wiki/Izlude_Arena

However, if that is implemented, we'd either have to move the portal for it, or move BG NPC's and save point away from??where it WOULD be.
09-14-2012 08:31 PM