Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zeny sink with increased rates mixed in
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

RE: Zeny sink with increased rates mixed in

Draco Wrote:Guys I think some of you did not read what I had to say on the rates. Not once did I say it was for drop. I stated for exp.

on your 1st post, not once it clearly stated for exp as well... u said its for rates.??and i guess the word 'rates' here will include droprate as well

Draco Wrote:So I know people like experience rates going up for short periods of time to level but not ones that last forever and a day or it makes it imbalanced. I also know GMs, and a lot of players, like the idea of zeny sinks. So here is the idea, an npc that by the population donating into it gives them an hour worth of higher rates. Now the amount of zeny can differ depending on the option the GMs choose.

1. x amount of zeny donated gives you random rates the next hour so randomzed from 6-10x or whatever.
2. At a certain time in different times of the day for about 10 minutes players will get the chance to donate zeny into the npc and depending on the amount could give them 6x, 7x,8x,9x,or 10x rates.
3. Any other options people can think of for something like this.

Thoughts? Ideas? Personally I've seen it work and I feel it could work.

your choice of words is kinda confusing..
'experience rates' indeed point to exp rates..
but when u read the whole sentence, its more like 'we want to feel/have (experience) rates going up for short periods of time~~'

(since people is more used to 'exp' than 'experience' for the base/job exp from monster)

and im sure i already mentioned this~~

Shinigami l0_0l Wrote:i guess its easier to make field manual and bubble gum vendor on certain time/place..
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2012 06:50 PM by Shinigami l0_0l.)
09-24-2012 06:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

fixed my post~~..
(but ninjaed by monkey first)

Shinigami l0_0l Wrote:your choice of words is kinda confusing..
'experience rates' indeed point to exp rates..
but when u read the whole sentence, its more like 'we want to feel/have (experience) rates going up for short periods of time~~'

(since people is more used to 'exp' than 'experience' for the base/job exp from monster)

and there is also a fact where some people prefer increased droprate than exp rate..
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2012 06:52 PM by Shinigami l0_0l.)
09-24-2012 06:49 PM
Draco Offline
Shadow Writer

I guess I should assume then more often that there should be more clarity in what I say on the internet since when I talk to anyone else about rates they know I mean exp rates since we all come to a mutual agreement that drop rates should never increase for obvious reasons. If it is a zeny sink then drop rates increasing would just put back more money into the server. Also yes the individual field manuals would and could work but when I was talking of an actual npc I was hoping for more of a "Let's bring the server who all ready tells people to play alone closer together for a common goal in their life" but it seems people still would rather be selfish and just do it themselves on things.

Shaman Draco | High Wizard
Draco MD | Alchemist
Highwayman Draco | Rogue
Ascetic Draco | Zeny Monk
Danavas Draco | PvP Monk

My book's facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/author.ambermorant
09-24-2012 07:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

ehm no, i was merely saying that just giving out battle manuals would be easier to script than a timed global exp rate increase. It doesn't have to mean a one-to-one deal - we could make it so that every player who wishes to participate has to contribute (for example) 10m and after 100 players contribute 10m ea, the npc will give out a battle manual to those 100 players. If the tally is never fulfilled, then the money will remain sunk indefinitely without any reward Icon_twisted

i believe such a scheme would promote cooperation through "enlightened" self-interest and still be easy to script.

But i digress, if you have a ready-made script for what you're proposing, do give a link and or copy paste the script here and show where the important variables (rates, timer, and amount of zeny needed) are. I'm sure that would go so much farther than proposing something without giving people a clear picture on how hard it would be to script.

W
09-24-2012 09:57 PM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

RE:??Zeny sink with increased rates mixed in

mahawirasd Wrote:I'm sure that would go so much farther than proposing something without giving people a clear picture on how hard it would be to script.

Not particularly... whether or not she has a script to back it up, it doesn't magically change people's and GM's mind about the appropriateness of it in the server. Icon_razz

Redited in my first post, dammit. >Icon_sad

Inasad
stop doing dickers
09-24-2012 11:29 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

hmmph ok, i'll be clearer: i mean "so much farther" as in "giving a clearer picture rather than a half baked idea has more chance of getting ppl on your side"...

pfft back to your old self i see, Ellie...

W
09-25-2012 04:34 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

Yeaaaaahhh but even then, wira, that relies on a decent amount of people being able to understand scripting properly in the first place. Icon_razz

Inasad
stop doing dickers
09-25-2012 04:55 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

It's an idea, wont say yes or on it for now, but I appreciate the thought put into it.

More specific stuff: exp only of course (not item drops) I had understood your initial post to mean base/job. 10x is too much, I don't think we ever went higher than 7x.

Changing rates manually is easy for me to do and does not require a reboot, changing it with a script is different, I've never attemped it before, it may be possible as I know some servers have floating rates (If you do have a script of this I'd like to take a look at it).

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
09-25-2012 02:01 PM
Draco Offline
Shadow Writer

I think if I look at my resources I have on scripting I am sure me and my husband could possibly figure out something that could make floating rates possible. He is in college for coding and I have messed with scripting personally and have xhtml which, although is completely different, gives me a better insight on how coding works.

Also, yes I realize that 10x would be really bad idea, but as I had tried to clarify, those were just random rate numbers and could have just been listed as 6x or 7x on the thing. I was just putting out that it could possibly reach that high if ever wanted to.

Shaman Draco | High Wizard
Draco MD | Alchemist
Highwayman Draco | Rogue
Ascetic Draco | Zeny Monk
Danavas Draco | PvP Monk

My book's facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/author.ambermorant
09-25-2012 02:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply