Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Best sniper build for ToH and AFRO XD
Whatdoesthefoxsay Offline

Best sniper build for ToH and AFRO XD

Can anyone suggest a *best* sniper build for ToH? Which is better, DS or Blitzer?

If DS, what *minimum* gears are required?

If Blitzer, what gears to equip?

Also, I want to suggest to have an AFRO hairstyle so that my dream costume for my character will come true. That would be awesome!

Thanks Love
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2013 03:11 PM by Whatdoesthefoxsay.)
11-04-2013 01:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

RE: Best sniper build for ToH and AFRO XD

The build isn't that important, it depends on how you play.
Gears too.

Here are some easy tips you might want to consider:
-Always carry an unbreakable weapon.
-Fish can be used for ToH (specially in DS mode).
-Orc Archer Bow+steel arrows deals best damage + converter for specific monsters.
-Carry LOTS of arrows.
-Increase your weight via Backpack/Allegiance helm.

And if you want cheap char and successful ToH, use LK.
GMs usually use a lot of anti-range monsters because of the high amount of Snipers in ToH.

LK has health, has DPS, and you can endure and run pass monsters you can't kill with for a minimum of 5 points.
and they don't even NEED pots/fish.

2h-Sword build, Berserk for item trial. Earth Deleter Wings (you get 10sp per kill) Zerk, kill kill kill, Zerk again. You spend absolutely no effort/ressource to get 70 points.
(Common sense: carry 1 elemental sword for ghost, and 1 kill all sword. ToH voucher is too easy to obtain).

Come on people, RO is such an old game. it doesn't require an PHD to know how to abuse the game's system
11-04-2013 03:44 PM
Ptah Offline
Lurker Above

I vote to get some weapon breakers in ToH items just to play with CP.

Owell, I can't say sniper is most fun, but it's one of the easiest class there is. You don't really need much gears, as long as you have ~180 aspd (the more the better) and 150 dex you're pretty much set to go. OAB is advised, like CP mentioned. Also, from my time as sniper (got bored with it, too easy. Now I'm farming ADs to nuke everything in sight :D ) few advice:
- Never ever forget the useful charge arrow. It always helped me keep mobs away.
- It's better to play safe if you're not confident that you can take a bunch of monsters. Keep DSing them one at a time, don't collect them all behind you.
- Usually, I took only steel and immaterial arrows for ToH, screw verters, you should have enough DPS with OAB/steel or OAB/immats anyways.
- If everything else fails don't forget about traps. Traps are you best friends. Promise.
- In item trial, just see what monsters you need and try to kill them all while you're walking until you get job done. If you're lazy to switch arrows, leave thanas for last.
- I was fortunate enough to keep with only supplies I brought, and most of my weight went into OB I was using (I just love 7 SP DS, that's my weakness.) + strawberries for SP;
That's pretty much all i can remember atm, can edit in more when it's not 2am :D

God i have too many characters. Just call me Bisu and let's end this -_-
[Image: fco46t.jpg][Image: 4se5oh.jpg]
Want to help HeRO? Feeling you're full of ideas that people will adore? Don't just stand there! Join HeRO T&D Crew!
11-04-2013 06:34 PM
yacsef Offline
Kappa

There is some afro look-a-like items called wigs (Happy wig/fantastic wig/forgot the two others) they increase movement speed like PPHB but do not decrease aspd and cast time. The downside is that it takes the upper and mid headgear slots.

For ToH, sorry i never played sniper there =p.
11-04-2013 08:47 PM
Whatdoesthefoxsay Offline

Thanks for your suggestions Ptah and ChaosPrince.

But, is there a repairman in ToH? Are elemental converters a scroll? I read the rules and bla bla bla of ToH and it is said that "any kinds of scroll" are forbidden.

@yacsef - I just want the hairstyle to be afro, not to wear an item that is an afro. If there is an afro hairstyle, im planning to make a bard/clown naming "Soul King" which is from One Piece XD
11-05-2013 04:32 AM
Debris Offline
Equivalent Exchange

RE:??Best sniper build for ToH and AFRO XD

Whatdoesthefoxsay Wrote:But, is there a repairman in ToH? Are elemental converters a scroll? I read the rules and bla bla bla of ToH and it is said that "any kinds of scroll" are forbidden.

Yes there is a repairman in ToH. But when you are doing the monster trial round 2 for example. And you are in the middle of the round and ooops your bow breaks. That's why you need a backup bow (preferable unbreakable).

Also elemental converters are allowed but they are limited to bring 5 in total. This is what GM's consider converters:??Fire, Wind, Earth, Water Converter AND Cursed Water.

yacsef Wrote:There is some afro look-a-like items called wigs (Happy wig/fantastic wig/forgot the two others) they increase movement speed like PPHB but do not decrease aspd and cast time. The downside is that it takes the upper and mid headgear slots.

To be honest using a wig instead of an Allegiance helm for more weight is a big loss. And Sniper can already use Wind Walk so they can increase their walking speed by 20%.

EDIT:
For gears I would suggest (I never played sniper in ToH but I think i can share a bit or two) :
Upper - Cursed/Blessed Helm
Mid - Bino's if you need your 1 dex to get 150. Otherwise something that increases sp, like Incubus glasses/sunnies
Lower - A hero backpack. (Best is one that increase weight with 400 instead of 200)
Armor - Bathory carded armor
Weapon - OAB + Steel arrows and like Path said Immaterial arrows. And if you can spare the weight an Unbreakable bow.
Garment - Something that gives flee or resistance with an Dragon Tail Card
Shoes - If you have them I would say Variants otherwise a cheaper alternative is Sohee Carded Kauvra Boots.
Accessory 1 - Bowman Scarf
Accessory 2 - ^the matching part with that one xD

Caitlin
Disease, Debris, Shiranai
[Image: sblkpu.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2013 06:20 AM by Debris.)
11-05-2013 06:05 AM