Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Question

Hocus Pocus Sages have always been about fun. the shear randomness of the skills are definately worth a few lols. But there's 1 skill in particular I'm curious about, as gravity has removed a few of the overpowered ones like DEATH (1 hit kill on anything, doesn't matter who or what), Level up, (self explanitory), and class change (when used on monsters, they became MVP's) among others.

I, am curious wether or not people can still use Hocus Pocus to tame monsters. If so, wouldn't it pose as a form of continuity breaker? Any pet that has an egg in the database could be tamed then, if they had the patience and the luck to go through hundreds of yellow gems. If I wanted a deviling pet on a light account, so be it. Someone donated for a Whitesmith Howard (fake Bio MVP pet), And I was insane enough to go down there and spam hocus pocus for hours, I could theoretically get one for myself too.

Even last years halloween pets would be open to me then. =x

Not sure, but does anyone know what skills are available that can be used by Hocus Pocus sages anymore? (10 lols if you orcface yourself trying)
10-03-2010 11:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Question

I believe they were considering adding back in the class change feature of Hocus Pocus awhile back on officials...

Looking into it on iRO wiki forums they did indeed add it back in with somewhat higher rates!
http://forums.irowiki.org/showthread.php...ocus+pocus

So maybe we can class change monsters at a decent rate here but BB's probably would run cheaper overall. XD

Anyway to the taming part...well here is the iro wiki link about Hocus Pocus!

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Hocus-pocus

The part you'll care about
Quote: Beastly Hypnosis

Tame a monster like if a taming item was used on it. Only works on monsters that can become pets. This skill shows up as "????" in game prior to targeting it on a monster.

So yes, you could use this on Valk Rand or Salamanders or any other tamable creatures and get those as pets. However you'll still be using the reels so its kinda risky.

Pretty fun, if you want me in for Power Chording on Dancer I would totally reset at 98 for that sort of interesting fun.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
10-03-2010 11:52 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Thing is, even with a missy card, or Power chord, it'll still cost me at least 1 yellow gem per cast. Better than the 2 yellow gems per cast to be sure.
10-03-2010 12:10 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Yah we'll be farming/buying about 5k+ gems easily if we go and do this.
You'll burn through them fast most likely too. Icon_sad

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
10-03-2010 12:11 PM
Split Ends Offline
o(≧▽≦)o

provide me with an icepick and ill provide you with unlimited supply of yellow gems Icon_biggrin

BREAD is RAW TOAST

[Image: 375d8dddd0e9143a2869cda6fd81b2d2.jpg]

UST-AMV CoA student... survivor
10-03-2010 07:50 PM