Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Moving Vendors, Solving lag?
Sakurato Away
Full Support Copycat

Moving Vendors, Solving lag?

[Image: prontera.gif]

Alright so for as long as I can remember people have been complaining about lag loading into Prontera because of vendors. If you add in the extra people sitting there with auras and buffing/spamming skills you get:

Huge "lag" spikes, Long freezes, random disconnects and most of all bugged cursor (omg sooo annoying). There's probably more that people can bring to the argument but I'm just using general problems that a huge portion of the server may and some may even avoid prontera all together because of.

My proposal is not to make a shopping mall NPC or to move the vendors out of pront. Instead it's to just move them a tiny bit north to the hand statue area. You see the square area on the map north of the fountain? That would be it.

It's a very large area, able to fit a lot of shops and would not effect people loading into prontera at all.

Please if you are going to reply make it constructive and don't use responses like:

-I like to check shops while I sit and talk in pront.
-Shops have always been there why move them now?
-I don't want to walk up there just to check shops.
-Anything else that causes you a 'misfortune.'

Also, no trolling/retarded posts. Please do not reply with one of the things I have listed there or a variation of them. I'm looking for solid reason as to why or why not shops should stay where they are or move. Any trolling posts I'll just ask to be deleted.

Kohana|Sinx
Euphorie|Champ
Sonatina|Gypsy
Sakurato|High Priest
Nozomi|Whitesmith
Sakura|Professor
Frejya|Sniper
Ayami|Creator
Anei|Stalker
Fumiko|High Wizard
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2009 11:10 AM by Sakurato.)
10-12-2009 11:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

RE: Moving Vendors, Solving lag?

Pfft I lag anywhere in Pront so this wouldn't help me at all.

Majority of my lag does come from having 15+ characters on my screen at once though. This makes it hard for me to enjoy the other fun things heRO has to offer, like WoE, ToH, PvP, and Mobbing.

I don't lag too much from spell casting spam. I've tested it in other places where I find magic spammers. Most of my lag is only in high traffic areas.

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
10-12-2009 12:49 PM
Sakurato Away
Full Support Copycat

Well during your load times into pront increased animation on the screen would contribute to your lag that you already have which can disconnect you altogether.

But something that you said made me think that it might not just be the amount of people on the screen but also the amount of people on the map?

Anyone know if moving them would help AT ALL? Or would they still have the same problems loading into pront?

Kohana|Sinx
Euphorie|Champ
Sonatina|Gypsy
Sakurato|High Priest
Nozomi|Whitesmith
Sakura|Professor
Frejya|Sniper
Ayami|Creator
Anei|Stalker
Fumiko|High Wizard
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2009 01:12 PM by Sakurato.)
10-12-2009 01:10 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

I would imagine that moving them would help. The issue, server side, is sending the information so many ways. I don't know the exact workings of @autotrade but I don't think it causes the server to recognize that the account no longer needs information sent to it (though it might). Every player loading into Prontera has the server sending it way more information than necessary because of the amount of other players in the area.

That being said, if you often lag with a lot of people on the screen it could just as well be your computer causing it by not processing and rendering fast enough (this is @Snowhawk - not the OP), as far as I understand. I, for one, have never had a problem with loading into Pront or with walking through Prontera. This leads me to believe that lag issues in such cases, generally, have more to do with the client side computer than the server.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
10-12-2009 01:30 PM