Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Some official main rules?
Sakurato Away
Full Support Copycat

Some official main rules?

As much as I love spamming main with short B/S lines to annoy people. I think that we should kind of put a limit on this action.

I understand main is FOR B/S and party recruiting but! Can we limit it to 1 line of B and S or recruit per like 5 minutes?

Cause people spamming

B> xxxxxxxx
B> xxxxxxxxxxxxx
B> xxx
S> xxxxxxxxx

every 2 mins is getting old. And that's just one person. It's terrible when 2-3 people are doing it and you have a party looking for people.

Realistically how often do people really think people are logging on and off? We're not a super high-traffic server. Saying it once then saying it again two minutes later is a high chance you are just saying it to the same people lol.

plz only talk about this thanks :]

Kohana|Sinx
Euphorie|Champ
Sonatina|Gypsy
Sakurato|High Priest
Nozomi|Whitesmith
Sakura|Professor
Frejya|Sniper
Ayami|Creator
Anei|Stalker
Fumiko|High Wizard
05-23-2010 10:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

RE: Some official main rules?

What they need to do is make a formal No-Spam rule on Main and have this be part of it. (Yes, there is no formal/written no spam rule. I checked both forums and wiki)

'Cause if you think about it, they ban people a lot over spamming in general (Spam = Posting the same thing over and over), but I think the most I've seen happen to a marketer or recruiter is...getting yelled at and that's it. How does putting a B/S> or R> in front of it make it any different than the bannable spam if you're still doing it like every 30 seconds?

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
05-23-2010 10:51 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

IF main is going to be EXCLUSIVELY for "B/S & recruiting", a technical solution would be to block it with a 5 min cooldown.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
05-23-2010 10:52 PM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

But main isn't soley for B>/S>ing.

Bare in mind, too, the the hotkeys (Alt+1, etc), that people use so they don't have to retype every time have a much, much smaller text limit than the main text box. Once you add @main into it, it has about the room for half the text that the normal chat bar does.

But yes, even B>/S> spam is spam. If it is happening every 2 minutes, ask them to slow down their advertising. If they don't, contact a GM/Mod, etc.

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

05-24-2010 12:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

RE:??Some official main rules?

GM-Circe Wrote:Bare in mind, too, the the hotkeys (Alt+1, etc), that people use so they don't have to retype every time have a much, much smaller text limit than the main text box. Once you add @main into it, it has about the room for half the text that the normal chat bar does.

This isn't a real problem when you PM "Main".

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
05-24-2010 03:30 AM
Rurouni Kalain Away
Loves Tacos

RE: ??Some official main rules?

Fyrus Carmin Wrote:
GM-Circe Wrote:Bare in mind, too, the the hotkeys (Alt+1, etc), that people use so they don't have to retype every time have a much, much smaller text limit than the main text box. Once you add @main into it, it has about the room for half the text that the normal chat bar does.

This isn't a real problem when you PM "Main".

Indeed, though more people than you might think don't seem to know about it. Should be said somewhere so that it gets more widely known. Don't remember when I first found out about it years ago on an old server, ha ha.

I do what I can.
"*gasp* You have HOW many of that item?"
I'm freaking Kalain baby. Accept no substitutes.

Kalain - Lord Knight 99/69
Bomoke - Blacksmith - 8x/4x

bool freeTime = false;
if(freeTime)
   game();
else
   school();
(To everyone. I haven't been on much, and I didn't really give much of a goodbye because I've been in contact with some people. Do message me on Yahoo or MSN if you like. I'll come back..just not ready yet.)
05-27-2010 05:34 AM