Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Chronicle of Heroes ~ Of Fiends and Shadows
The Midgard Times Offline
Best-Selling Newspaper

Bound By Fate

During the past few days, Yggdrasil's Root has been the subject of many rumors and conversations at Midgard's Expedition Camp.

Sightings of suspicious hooded people going into the root, a new path being discovered, and so on. After said reports of mysterious activities, Agent Adelaide Adlersflugel gathered a brave team of heroes to venture into the furthest reaches of the tree.

On the second level, they encountered a hole that lead deeper into the tree. There, the team was attacked by several dreamstone golems and a dreamstone crystal. Adelaide's suspicions about the creatures were confirmed once they reached the end of the root road.

Kushiel, the golemancer, awaited them, in his monstrous stag form. Barely able to act as the human he once was, he managed to inform that a sinister woman freed his spirit from the roots in which he was trapped several months ago. After an arduous battle, the monster was defeated, not before informing that he is unable to truly die so long as he remains within the tree. He added that in time, he will find a way to leave Yggdrasil and set out to finish what he started.

As to who the "sinister woman" is, Adelaide only commented that it's pretty obvious who it could have been.

"We won't rest until they've been stopped for good." Adelaide's final words were, as she entered Midcamp's administrative building to hand in the official report of her findings.

<><><><><>

Yggdrasil's flooded roots can now be accessed from nyd_dun02! Near the entrance to 1@nyd, you'll notice a portal stands now next to a green root. Once you walk there, you'll get a prompt asking if you want to proceed through a hole in the roots. After agreeing you'll be warped to e_golem01.

Phylla, Rhyncho, Ancient Tree and Bradium Golems are common spawns there. Additionally, you'll encounter 1 Rata and 1 Aqua Elemental randomly throughout the dungeon.

At the end of the road you'll find 3 Custom Minibosses: 2 Dreamstone Golems and a single Dreamstone Crystal. Once you reach the end, you'll be warped to an area just at the edge of the abyss, where Kushiel resides. He has a spawn time of 5~6 hours, and drops (among other items), a guardian of light wand and an aztoe nail.

Detailed Info will be posted on the wiki sometime this week!

[Image: Kushielstag.png]

[Image: image,The-spc-Midgard-spc-Times,white,black.png]
09-15-2016 06:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Best-Selling Newspaper

Furtive Action

As Ciar walked to his office, he saw a group of government-type people leave the conference room. Overcome with curiosity, the scholar took a peek, but only saw Melot going through some papers, which were put away as soon as the creeper's presence was made evident.

"Uh, hey, what's going on?" Ciar asked, now inside the room.

"The usual, more questioning." Melot replied, standing up to leave.

"Any updates on Eudoxie or the rest...?" The scholar inquired further, noticing Melot's elusive behavior. "They usually question the rest of us also, but this time it was just you."

Melot sighed, acknowledging the info would get out anyway. "They found signs of activity in Abendroth's old residence."

Ciar nodded. "May I assist with the attack this time? I want to have a talk with Matthew."

"No." The paladin's bluntness was ever-aggravating Ciar.

"Don't you want to know why he betrayed us?" The scholar blurted out. It's not the first time he sees Melot show no interest in Matthew's motives or well-being, despite having known him and his family for years.

The paladin's scowling expression made it evident that his patience was wearing thin. "There's nothing to know. Matthew betrayed us." He commented, going for the door. "They have orders to kill if necessary."

The door was slammed, and Ciar was left alone in the room. "Not if I can help it."

<><><><><>

On Saturday October 15th 2016 at 8:00 PM EST, I'll be hosting another PVM/RP event! However, this one is a bit different, in that only people with 100 allegiance points or higher can participate! Start questing if you want to join!

Pay attention to this thread for more info!

10-06-2016 11:16 AM
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

RE: The Chronicle of Heroes ~ Of Fiends and Shadows

Bump, the event is tomorrow at 8PM EST! And remember, only people with 100 allegiance points or higher may participate!

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
10-14-2016 10:46 AM
Best-Selling Newspaper

Unlikely Allies

"What's she doing here?" Ciar asked, shaking his head in disappointment.

Tiamat rolled her eyes. "Calm down, she's known Matthew about as long as both of us... She might be able to get through to him."

The gold and crimson-clothed sniper extended her hand at Ciar. He shook it, out of courtesy, but also implying a truce of sorts. "I too, want to know his motives, at the very least..." Maristella began. "While we don't get along, I'm willing to look past our differences for this."

The scholar nodded, with a sigh, denoting his acceptance of the light allegiance councilwoman within their little mansion-raiding group.

<><><><><>

Reminder: The event is in 6 hours!

And don't forget, only players with 100 Allegiance Points or higher can join! We'll be checking each player before we depart!

We'll be exploring Hanz Von Abendroth's mansion to find Lord Matthew, the renegade Dark Side Councilman whose allied with the radicals Ostellos and Eudoxie!

Once inside the abandoned mansion, keep your eyes open for clues and anything important in general!

10-15-2016 02:20 PM
Best-Selling Newspaper

Halloween Consequences

"Afanasy has been defeated."

"Unsurprising that another one of your eldritch allies fails me again."

"..."

"Was he able to obtain anything at all?"

"The spirits of Huppal's ancestors knew nothing of the other fragments, only about the one we obtained from Fairyland."

"Useless. You need to research more. Tear down The Great Library if you must, but find where the two remaining fragments are!!"

"As you wish. I'm leaving for Kaldheim tonight then."

"Keep a low profile."

"Of course, Eudoxie. But... What will you be doing while I'm gone?"

"I will be training our troops and keeping a close eye on them. Something's amiss."

<><><><><>

A much needed bump and update to this post. Stay tuned to this thread, there's gonna be a few shakeups and interesting events from now until at least 2017!

11-17-2016 06:40 PM
Best-Selling Newspaper

Fear In Disguise

In one of the many halls of an abandoned structure, a figure slowly materialized. Translucent, appalling, and sinister, it hovered about as it searched for someone, or something, while struggling to keep its form stable within the realm.

The figure followed the particular buzzing sound it knew all too well and eventually found its source: A compatriot of sorts.

"We are closer to our freedom..." The visitor uttered.

The compatriot and apparent ally chuckled. "I look forward to our reign in this world." It commented, with a jarring voice of the legion, a trait most terrible creatures wouldn't be caught dead without.

"I am stronger in this place, but not enough to maintain a stable form..." The visiting fiend remarked, looking at its own hands as they fade in and out.

"That is the difference between us... I bide my time here. Meddlers do not wander around or pick fights as before, and thus I can slowly recover and build up power in peace. I'm not as fond of direct conquest as you." The ally reminded his guest, with a sneering undertone.

The fiend slowly nodded, unhappy at past blunders. "Let us hope the humans assisting us succeed. They've located the third piece."

<><><><><>

The next event will be happening on Sunday, November 27th at 9:00 PM EST! Be prepared to walk long distances, fight endless hordes of enemies, and protect important characters!

As a side note, Aldebaran Castle 2 and 5 are still open under Agent Adelaide's orders. Inside, her troops still train for the upcoming battles against Eudoxie and Ostellos! Just talk to the NPC outside the castle to enter!

11-19-2016 11:22 AM
Best-Selling Newspaper

All The Snooping

A large scroll was placed, or rather, slammed, on the table. It was revealed upon its opening to be a map of Rachel and the surrounding area.

"We're not doing a full assault like in previous occasions." Lord Matthew stated. "We can't afford to keep losing forces that'll inevitably let out all our secrets."

Ostellos nodded. "Who will lead this little incursion?"

"I will." The Crimson-clad man pointed at himself. "I'll take only my assassin friend and a stalker or two."

As Matthew explained the route he would take to enter Cheshrummir in secret, he stopped to look at the door, which was slightly open. "What's the matter?" Eudoxie asked. She and Ostellos turned back to look at the door.

"Hmm..." The knight tilted his head slightly. "I thought I saw someone. Seems it was Nila, from the quick glimpse I caught."

"Let's just hurry." Ostellos tapped the map with his hand, prompting Matthew to proceed. "We're still clueless as to where the fourth fragment is, not to mention we have to scrounge up more dark pieces, light granules and runes."

<><><><><>

Reminder: The event is this sunday! Be prepared for battling under GVG map settings!

11-22-2016 01:36 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Twice in the past month some strange requests were left by an anonymous poster upon the mission bulletin board in the town's center. Everyone knew it was a place one could make requests for items in exchange for zeny. King Ernst sent a private message for Ezekiel, asking the master rogue to look more closely into the matter. His majesty's advisors had suspicions, and it was up to the rogue to dig up some sort of info to return to them. The message also contained some ancient styled runes for him to use to fulfill one of the missions on the board for a potential clue.

What made Ezekiel all too happy to fill the obligation was that he could keep the money from the poster. Surprisingly, after completing the task, a note was left a few days later thanking him for the ingredients, and they'd be put to good use. He couldn’t put a face with the handwriting for now, but after giving the paper a good look, he would deliver it to a messenger for the king and his crew to deal with.

Then a few weeks later, the requests for items came yet again! This time Ezekiel was given materials again to complete one of the missions by the King. Again, the rogue turned them over without fuss. That’s where things should have ended. But Ezekiel’s greed was great, even if all he had to do was one of the requests to confirm their suspicions – and that it was truly indeed the same fellow posting for the strange mix of objects...

This mattered little to the rogue as he dug through his storage left securely with the Kafra agent stationed at Prontera's center (conveniently next to the bulletin board). After a long search through the various hoard of items that had seemingly accumulated there the past few years, he produced what was necessary. Then, his hands fulfilled several more requests. Guilt didn't even cross the master rogue's mind as the zeny was dispensed, after all, if it was not himself, then someone else would have fulfilled the missions. At least in the end it was now his zeny, and not some other scumbag's instead.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
11-25-2016 12:56 PM
Best-Selling Newspaper

All The Treason, All The Plot

It was confirmed today that security around Rachel Sanctuary was increased, due to information received that an attack by Eudoxie and Ostellos would likely be happening sometime during the week.

Whether or not a mysterious mirror fragment is located somewhere within the Holy Grounds has not been acknowledged by the authorities, but our sources indicate there has been one in Arunafeltz for generations, stored away with the rest of Cheshrummir's treasures.

The origins, properties and use of the mirror fragments Eudoxie and Ostellos seek are currently unknown, with even the wisest of scholars still researching. Currently, only two have surfaced so far, one having been within Mystra's Castle and later taken to Fairyland, and the other having been using inside the Pyramids long after it was built to channel the magical energies of the structure. However, with no fragments to study, it seems any new information regarding them will remain a mystery for now.

<><><><><>

"Have you seen this!?" Lord Matthew furiously shouted, throwing a rolled up newspaper for Ostellos to catch.

Upon reading the news from the Midgard Times, the professor shook his head in disappointment. "She won't be happy to hear this..." He said, as Eudoxie walked toward them.

"What now?" The dark conjurer asked, taking the newspaper from Ostellos. Her bitter expression changed to a hell raising scowl after reading the first few sentences. Shortly after, an ear-splitting scream of rage pierced the air, followed by several trees and bushes bursting into flames. Not even a wandering baby leopard was spared from the inferno.

"I told you something was amiss!!" She shouted at the two following her.

"We'll weed out the traitors, just stay calm. We don't want to attract any attention." Ostellos murmured, trying to assuage her rage.

"Any idea as to who it might be?" Lord Matthew asked, trailing behind them. Eudoxie shook her head.

Ostellos abruptly stopped for a second. "That girl... The ruthless one. What was her name?" He asked, apparently having an ephiphany.

"Reilinn?" Eudoxie answered, with a non committal tone.

The scholar shook his head rapidly, trying to remember. "No! The one Matthew saw when we were planning the infiltration on Rachel Sanctuary!"

"Nila?" Matthew answered.

Ostellos snapped his fingers and pointed at the lord knight. "Yes!"

"She follows me around like a puppy, trying to be the best soldier each time." Eudoxie commented, nostrils flaring.

"It is suspicious that we catch her snooping around while we're planning, and all of a sudden this information reaches the authorities." The crimson knight gave his own opinion. "Right?"

"No one else knew but the three of us." The scholar reminded his peers.

"Makes sense if you add in the fact that she's being such a try-hard at getting you to notice her, like you say..." Matthew added.

"I'm gonna kill her. I'm gonna kill everyone she's ever associated with!!" Eudoxie shouted violently, resuming her walk towards the area her forces were stationed at.

"Woah, there." The Lord Knight exclaimed, standing in her way. "You can't just kill our troops just because they know her." He commented, trying to make her see reason again.

"I'll find the traitor..." Ostellos walked away by himself. "Start thinking up new plans. We can't just sneak into the sanctuary now."

"I'm going to amass all the forces I can find. Abendroth, Midnight, the werewolves. We'll take no prisoners."

After some vengeful planning, Eudoxie had settled down, and Ostellos had returned, with Nila willingly walking with him. "I was told you wanted to see me?" The female ninja asked, blissfully unaware of the situation.

"May I do the honors?" Matthew murmured into Eudoxie's ear.

"Fine." She quietly snapped back. "Just hurry."

The crimson lord knight walked toward the young woman. "You're being rewarded for your loyalty and passionate servitude to Eudoxie and Ostellos." He unassumingly answered. Ostellos stood beside the smiling Nila, congratulating her efforts with a pat on the back.

In the span of a second or two, Lord Matthew unsheathed his blade and drove it straight through Nila's abdomen. "Your treason ends here." The knight's voice sounded grim and harsh.

Nila looked up to Matthew with an expression of both pain and surprise. She struggled to utter a few last words. "B-but, I--" The impaled woman could only say, before the knight grabbed her by the neck. With the blade out of her body, the ninja was thrown against the ground.

Eudoxie approached the dying woman and crouched in front of her. "I once had a loyal follower." She began. "Adam. He was loyal, relentless, and a strong believer of our cause." The conjurer sighed cheerfully. "But he had a secret. One he couldn't hide forever." She caressed the woman's face with the back of her hand. "He was feeding Mystra information."

The ninja was barely conscious by now. "We returned him to Melot and Mystra in a big box." Mystra told her victim, as she watched the light fade from her eyes. "So don't worry, your allies will soon join you in death."

<><><><><>

Bump, the event is tomorrow at 9:00 PM EST, come prepared!

- Heroes will be stationed at Rachel and must split however they want to protect the 3 main entrances to the city.

- If any monster reaches the fountain, the objective changes and the heroes must avoid monsters reaching the sanctuary entrance north of Rachel.

- Heroes will continue to retreat upon the monsters' arrival of a checkpoint, until they reach the entrance to the Pope's room!

The rest... will be explained during the event!

11-27-2016 12:27 AM
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

8 Hours until the event begins. Remember to come prepared. We'll be in a single party prepared by myself. If there's more than 18 players present, I will assign someone to lead the second party.

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
11-27-2016 02:22 PM