Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Group PvP - HeRO Battlegrounds
Nidsrule Offline
๏̯͡๏

Group PvP - HeRO Battlegrounds

With the recent threads regarding both group pvp tournaments and Battlegrounds, I got to thinking about a custom battlegrounds system designed to suit heRO's lower population.

After looking further into how Battlegrounds was implemented on iRO, it's pretty obvious it will never work effectively with heRO's population. The maps and objectives of official Battlegrounds won't work if the team sizes were merely scaled down (mainly due to map sizes). Going off the discussion in the scripts suggestion thread about Battlegrounds it seems team sizes of around 5-7 people would be favorable.

Anyway, on to my idea for a Battlegrounds map for heRO. Teams of 5-7 players would assemble in a waiting room map. Once both teams are fully assembled (the script would check that each party has all members online and that the party is assembled on the same map) the teams would be warped to their teams' warp in point. Advancing from this warp in point would bring each team to a crystal, which they must defend. The crystals themselves would be located in slightly larger "chambers" which would be connected by a narrower hallway.

The objective is simply to kill the other teams' crystal. Doing so causes both teams to be returned to their warp in points (Both crystals would be fully healed). For each kill one point would be awarded. Each round would have a set time limit (say 10 minutes). The team with the most points after this time limit is declared the winner. Tied matches would result in both teams receiving nothing, to enforce actual competition rather than teams agreeing to a tie to farm battlegrounds medals.

Upon death players would have a 20-30 second cooldown before they would be warped back to their warp in point and be allowed back into play. This would mean a team could be at a significant disadvantage if they don't plan their attack/defense effectively.

Basically I'm interested in seeing how much real interest there is in implementing a custom Battlegrounds system from both the players and from Pandora (I'd be willing to both make a map from scratch and code what I have suggested if there is any real chance of this being implemented).

[Image: 2yv147n.gif]
02-24-2009 09:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Group PvP - HeRO Battlegrounds - Nidsrule - 02-24-2009 09:24 AM
RE: Group PvP - HeRO Battlegrounds - teOx - 02-25-2009, 09:38 AM
RE: Group PvP - HeRO Battlegrounds - Kiki - 05-20-2009, 10:27 PM