Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Custom Pets Aren't Porings Too!!
ABlueJelly Offline
Minitru Unapproved!

Custom Pets Aren't Porings Too!!

Alright, so, I seem to have decided that I should make talk tables for the custom pets, since it's annoying listening to all these nice pets that think they're porings.
However, the hardest part of this is coming up with a personality for them.
So, I'm calling upon you guys to help me out here. It might take me a bit, but seeing as I'm still jobless (finding a job in Vegas that accepts people under 18 is... hard), I've got the time.
Basically, what I want from you people is an idea to go from. it can be just a single quote you think they should have, or a general personality. I'm well-versed in TVT, so feel free to use that terminology.

EDIT:
After walking one person through silencing all pets, I decided I should publish a quick one of those. Same install, just throw the control file into the data folder with the talk table. files into the heRO/data/ folder, and all pets will cease to speak on your client.
I also made one that turns your pet into Navi when it's hungry/very hungry and silences all other times.
I also changed how you download them.
The talk table is used for all of it, but the control file you use is specific.
ADVANCED: If you wish to just silence a particular pet (or apply the Navi effect to just that one pet), download the talk table and the full control file, find your desired pet's name (if it's a poring type, you're gonna have to register it- new line before the *poring with "!#### table" where #### is the monster's ID number and "table" is the mob name (lowercase, underscores instead of spaces)), and replace the monster name with "silence" or "Navi". You can also make it sound like another pet by giving it that pet's name instead.

Oh and a note to GMs if you decide to adopt this for the distro's talk tables, the modding is all at the top with big CUSTOM comments around it. Probably the only comments in the file, too =P You guys have full rights to use these, and the only "signature" I put in there will only show up if you feed your pet at "so_full".

DOWNLOAD:
--table
Talk Table (used for all)
--controls
Custom Chatter
Silence
Feed Navi

WHAT'S DONE:
????Galapago
????Ninetails

IDEAS NEEDED:
????Aliot
????Angeling
????Civil Servant
????Deviling
????Diabolic
????Dullahan
????Easter bunny
????Evil Druid
????Garm Baby
????Ghostring
????Hilsrion
????Jakk
????Karakasa
????Kraben
????Loli Ruri
????Lude
????Marionette
????Mavka
????Observation
????Pinguicula
????Pumpkinring
????Quve
????Retribution
????Siroma
????Snow Bunny
????Solace
????Succubus
????Teddy Bear
????Waste Stove
Whisper
????Wild Rose

Now, hurry up and make some suggestions so I can start QQing about offering to do this!

?(?????)
no IFs ANDs or XORs.
Incarn Wrote:[Jelly]'s not an idiot, he just likes to derp and actually make the derp work
"Don't crack, 'cause you might not make it back. And if you do, then you'll be alone, and ya can't live like that!"
"And they say that a Hero can save us, I'm not gonna stand here and wait..."

B> Regular, Scheduled Server Maintenance Resets
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2011 01:19 PM by ABlueJelly.)
07-22-2011 01:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Custom Pets Aren't Porings Too!! - ABlueJelly - 07-22-2011 01:48 PM