Monster was too easy
Item was too hard
Item was balanced
Item was too easy
Trivia was too hard
Trivia was balance
Trivia was too easy
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trial of Heroes July, Sunday 22nd, Feedback Thread
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

RE: Trial of Heroes July, Sunday 22nd, Feedback Thread

There's farrrr more work in ToH than I think anyone realises. While the time frame may start for you guys at the scheduled beginning time, the GMs have already spent hours recording registrations in order to make PvP lineups, deciding mob waves, making the mobs (if they're custom), testing the mobs (even if not custom), deciding the Item Trial, deciding the trivia, and generally testing the trivia out on some of the GMs that are not participating that week, etcetc.

I know Glyph and I spent hours and hours discussing and deciding and fleshing out the mobs for my ToH back last July. Then he had to spend ages actually making them, and then we both spent a while testing them on various classes.

What we found out that a lot of you don't understand last ToH is that the only guaranteed part about the Monster Trial is the amount of mobs in each wave. Wave 1 does NOT have to be the easiest to pass. While it usually is, it isn't required.
There weren't very many 0s at all for wave 5. That's where it evened out.

Players have a lot of assumptions when it comes to ToH that I know at least Glyph was trying to break.
  • That classes will be able to logically beat every wave. One of the decisions you need to make is whether to just run or not. With a max score of like 130, a couple of unbeatable-except-for-the-best run rounds will not detract from a high players score.
  • Trivia is supposed to be bonus points. So is Mass Battle. You're not supposed to count on them. If you get them, lucky you. Bonus!
  • I know last ToH I was delighted to actually see so many classes other than Snipers.
  • You can't expect to walk in and get wings within the first few ToHs. Others are more prepared and more practised than you. Yes, this gives them an advantage, but that's also the price of all the extra preparation, practise and experience they've put in.
  • Monster doesn't have to go easiest to hardest, and I know I find it ridiculous when people quit after the first wave, because it's harder than what they expected. But then, if wings aren't worth the 10 minutes or so to get to the next wave to see what it's like from there.. that's your issue, not ours.

Anddd posting from this account because it just wouldn't work as??a legit post (and Loki did it too. >:O)

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2012 12:12 PM by Former-GM-Circe.)
08-09-2012 12:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trial of Heroes July, Sunday 22nd, Feedback Thread - Former-GM-Circe - 08-09-2012 12:08 PM