Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Two Questions From the Recent Changelog
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

RE:??Two Questions From the Recent Changelog

Edit: Players expressing their concern that something that very much DOES concern and effect them when you have deemed it does not is NOT an attack. ToH breaking will stop effecting players once players stop ToHing...
Not a single insult or accusation was made.

People want to know because they care. They care that their time isn't wasted. They care not to see another GM abused to kingdom come for something he had NO control over.
They do not deserve to be flounced on for showing their concern.

My Original Post:

GM-Chaucer Wrote:As for your second question:
Thank you for your consideration as to the back coding behind events, but even in the most transparent of terms, that has nothing to deal with you or your experience one way or another. I am more than willing to be transparent about facts that revolve around players and how players are effected, however there is no need for the player base to know about how coding has or has not been changed in something that does not matter to them, or change their game play, in any way.

I'm going to step out and call a big load of "NOPE" on this.

Given you are replying to the one person who has had ALL the experience in why that change should be made, I can see why he is incredibly concerned about why it hasn't been fixed.
No GM should go through the sheer amount of shit that he had to that night.
If you guys don't see it as a needed change in with the current ToH changes, then I just don't know what to say. I'd suggest that perhaps you need it to happen to you, but as I said, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

I also know that there is not, in ToH circumstances, a single downside to using an NPC timer instead of a player one.
So why wasn't it done? There is no logical reason that it was not changed, outside of the person doing the changes simply didn't know how to. And Google (or the scripting documentation) is an amazing tool. It's not hard to get, as it is pretty similar to the player timers already in the script.

It also does change general player gameplay. It has a huge chance of wasting a large amount of their time. I'd call that an effect on gameplay. :/

And it's script, ffs. Not code. *shakes everyone*

Inasad
stop doing dickers
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2012 01:50 PM by Ellie.)
12-07-2012 12:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE:??Two Questions From the Recent Changelog - Ellie - 12-07-2012 12:43 PM