Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Small life potion/medium life potion
Liminality Offline
Twilight's Transience

RE: Small life potion/medium life potion

I said I wouldn't be active much through the week, but there's some things I want to bring up:

(06-11-2014 09:50 AM)dibzy Wrote:  For example, if I have 2-3 friends that want to party, most likely we'd need a priest in that. Otherwise that party would most likely be inefficient (and probably boring due to the degree of inefficiency).

(06-12-2014 03:57 AM)dibzy Wrote:  Furthermore, most of these parties require at the very least a priest. Again, limiting options, no priest and most people would NOT want to party.

This is a game design issue of RO itself, most parties that work well for a long interval of gameplay will have a Priest of some sort involved, or have alternate means of being self-sufficient (of which there are admittedly very few without great expenses accrued).

Concerning the potions themselves, normal pots are often needed for burst damage recovery - someone who doesn't need to spam pots and can manage their hp resource well can use the life potions to save that space for other things, or they can simply save their normal pots for the real threats instead. Whether this is an overpowered item due to that, I cannot judge, but it is of note that it is a banned consumable in ToH.

(Though, at least they can't be abused by Frenzy/Berserk Lord Knights ... ... can they? Icon_confused )

Finally, my personal feeling on this is that the reason this item won't be made widely available is that heRO already goes to a great effort to promote party play by changing some game rules around (no dual clienting being a major thing, and extra party exp being another), and since your argument is to play without depending on priests, promoting their exclusion through advocating this item is rather counter-intuitive to the idea this server is going for. If you need a priest, ask one of your friends to play one.

I will be there, seekin' for liminality / no destinations to see, I wander /
in quiet places, so dark as eternity / I'm crying calling your name, I'm searching for you
06-12-2014 12:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Small life potion/medium life potion - Liminality - 06-12-2014 12:28 PM