Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Fairyland Chronicles - Character Side Stories
Validon Offline
The Freeshooter

RE: Fairyland Chronicles - Character Side Stories

The figure of a grey-haired huntress slowly came into view by one of the guardsmen around the town of Rachel. She seemed to be walking rather slowly, tired but still hanging on. Her falcon was perched on her shoulder, keeping a close lookout while her owner was busying trying to drag her feet. One of the guardsmen ran towards her and grabbed her by the arm before slinging her over his shoulder (causing the falcon to fly up in a semi-confused way).

"H-hey, what're you..." The huntress was confused at the sudden action, while the guardsman just huffed.

"I'm bringing you to town, you look like you're about to pass out. It would be bad if I let someone in the desert die on my watch." The huntress was still a little delirious, but she could understand that.

"T-thanks..." The guardsman would give a sharp nod and carried her into the town. The huntress soon recognized the streets and buildings as the guardsman carried her towards one of the inns around the town. It was the same town that she and a few other people had chased the mysterious cloaked schemer into yet failed to capture. She was a bit surprised to return here so suddenly, but at the same time wondered if there was a little more meaning to this town than at first glance.

The guardsman dropped her off at the inn and gave a quick salute before heading back to his post. The huntress, Seikakuna, took the time to talk to the innkeeper and request a room. Thankfully, even after the steep price she had to pay to get to Amatsu, she had enough money for room and board for awhile, and if worst came to worst, she could go hunt and try to earn some extra money that way. She could have also easily decided to go home. After all, she had her uncle to return to, to try to explain what had happened, and to try to seek guidance on how to best proceed.

But she had openly defied the fairy, Amdusias. She stood directly between him and the two fugitives who he had been tracking down in Amatsu. If she returned to Payon now, she risked getting caught and captured by him and his lot. For now, all she could do was stay away, to keep her uncle from being found and taken too. He had done nothing wrong, of course, but if she was captured, who's to say he wouldn't be brought in too? It was a risk she didn't want to take.

She slumped into the room she had rented, laying down on the bed with a quick sigh. It was a small room, with a window over looking some of the markets. Her falcon landed on the bed next to her, staring at her with small, serious eyes.

"...I know, Mae, we're in trouble now..." The falcon merely flapped her wings and climbed onto her chest, scratching at it a little. "H-hey, Mae, that tickles! Maeee!" The falcon continued, not seeming to care too much about her owner's reactions. Eventually Seikakuna grabbed her and put her down on the bed beside her. "Thaaat's enough out of you! Time out, time out!" She laughed a bit before sitting back up. A little humor like this would go a long way to help. Now then, she couldn't just lay here all day. Just a quick rest, and she needed to be back up on her feet. She looked around for something to write on, and something to write with, before quickly getting to work on writing a letter, much like a letter she had previously sent while at Amatsu.

Dear Catherine,

Well, if you got my last letter, you'll know I was able to run into Ezekiel and Summerstream in Amatsu, but since I didn't see you there, maybe you didn't get it. I'll explain things again, just in case. When I ran into them, they threatened me, made me swear not to go report to Amdusias. I never was going to anyways, so I easily agreed to that, but they were a little scary about it. They also told me about why Lucretia was in Payon, and about the duplicate Moonlight Flower Bell. I never knew our elders even had it, I thought it was locked away in the caves. That bell is really important, and they said I needed to go track it down and break it before someone else uses it. I was given a list of names, but I don't know if you know any of them. I'll mention them in a second.

I was going to wait for you to come to Amatsu as I asked in the previous letter, but Amdusias came and tracked down Ezekiel and Summerstream with a bunch of adventurers. I recognized one of them, Aja, she was there at the whole mess with Thor's Volcano too. She questioned his actions, and I tried getting in the way before he could try capturing them. We probably gave just enough of a distraction to help them get out of there. Then everyone chased them into the forests. It was hard trying to follow after them, and they ran all over the place, but a bunch of us were able to follow them into a portal some strange voice made. After that, though, I didn't know where they went. The portal led into a desert, but I guess we came out too late, because we didn't see where they'd gone off to. I saw Rachel in the distance, though, so I just went there while I had the chance. I think everyone else for the most part used butterfly wings or something to get out. I don't carry those on me, so I was less lucky...

I'm staying here in Rachel now, because I'm pretty sure if I go anywhere where Amdusias will be, he'll try to arrest me for getting in his way. I want to find Ezekiel and Summerstream, but I'm sure they'll be fine... wherever they are in this desert. Hopefully you haven't wasted your time going to Amatsu when no one's there now, because I need to talk to you here in Rachel. Nikki, Sacerdos, Galoo, Reilinn, and Ciar, they're the ones I'm looking for. One of them has the bell, but I don't know which one, and I need your help. We can talk more when you get here, there's a lot more to discuss and I don't want this letter to be too long. Sorry for dragging you into this, too. Rachel's a bit out of the way, eheh.

Safe travels, and godspeed!

Seikakuna

With the letter written, Seikakuna quickly folded it up with a smile. Things would turn out right. They had to, didn't they?

(Re)exploring Rune-Midgart one step at a time!
Validon Maotoko (73/46 Knight) (Deleting soon)
Validon Kinotoko (28/24 Merchant)
Seikakuna Sensouya (81/47 Sniper, first trans get!)
Utahime Chikage (71/41 Assassin)
Makoto Hiotoko (95/50 Wizard)
Rachel Madison (75/49 Alchemist)
Kanrininki Engeisai (40/29 Acolyte)
08-28-2015 12:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fairyland Chronicles - Character Side Stories - Validon - 08-28-2015 12:12 AM