Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Chronicles of Heroes ~ Judge, Jury, Executioner
The Midgard Times Offline
Best-Selling Newspaper

RE: Chronicles of Heroes ~ Judge, Jury, Executioner

"Three days ago, I stopped by Lighthalzen to meet a boy. According to his mother, he used to eat his veggies, play outside with his friends often, and cheer excitedly for his father when the man would participate in marathons. Typical, run-of-the-mill boy of eight years. But his behavior and mental health had taken a turn for the worse.

The boy's father, a brilliant scientist and locally famous marathon runner, happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time about two months ago. During an attack on Rekenber Labs, he suffered serious head trauma, and lost both his legs. He could no longer walk, nor perform the simplest of daily activities. Witnessing one's father's health turn for the worse like that does one no good. Imagine how the boy must have felt one month later when his father died. He does not play outside, he does not eat or sleep well, and his grades have dropped drastically.

And now, this man we know as The Golemancer, who openly accepted and flaunted about perpetrating these attacks on Rekenber -- among other places -- stands accused for this laundry list of crimes. ... ... ..."

Just a short bit of the prosecution's 25-minute-long opening statement yesterday. And with that, Kushiel's trial began, though it wouldn't last long, as we found out today.

"If trying to cleanse the world of evil is wrong, then so be it. I am gladly guilty of all crimes I'm charged with comitting." Kushiel fearlessly told the judge. "So... do I get sentenced to death or what?"

<><><><><>
At the Prontera General Hospital...

Tiamat and Sir Melot stood by Rajnish, who was in critical condition, but with signs of improvement.

"They better sentence him to death." Melot commented. "There's no other option."

"I hope they do as well, but the Light Side wants him to rot in prison instead. We'll have to avoid excessive conflict with them if we want to keep the fiend in check." Tiamat replied, worried about bigger issues than Kushiel.

Melot sighed. "There will be whatever conflict necessary if they choose to let him live."

The High Wizard shook her head in disappointment. "I'll check on the seal, then..." She murmured, leaving the room.

<><><><><>

So, heroes, are you for or against sentencing The Golemancer Kushiel to death? Think wisely before answering, as you'll be influencing an unnamed jury that reads the newspaper despite being told not to. Icon_smile

(Please only post one response per player.)

[Image: image,The-spc-Midgard-spc-Times,white,black.png]
12-15-2015 02:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chronicles of Heroes ~ Judge, Jury, Executioner - The Midgard Times - 12-15-2015 02:40 PM