Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Autumn Leaf Cat Card awkward for Ninjas
Poofy Offline

Autumn Leaf Cat Card awkward for Ninjas

So the main things I consistently play are almost strictly extended classes (Gunslinger, Ninja, Super Novice and Taekwon classes) so it's really nice to see the small adjustments they've gotten through items, cards and what not here.

What I was curious on is the Autumn Leaf Cat Card and how it felt like it had a hole in what it covered. It seems its purpose is to give damage to builds that have over time been seen as non-optimal no matter what you try (Ninjas and Gunslingers in general, Esma Linkers) so I thought it was a little strange... it seems to give damage to Throw Kunai but not Throw Huuma Shuriken? Throw Zeny is one thing given it can be its own build and has a separate card, but Throw Kunai and Throw Huuma feel like they go hand in hand in what is janky Ninja builds. It feels bad hunting one for a Ninja to get the Throw Kunai effect for the build but not having any effect for the primary skill which is generally considered worse and needs it more. (Given it has a cast time, spreads it's damage amongst a mob making it terrible for AoE, Kunai being ASPD based, etc) What if it gave 10-25% bonus damage to Throw Huuma Shuriken, whatever tested out to feel the best?

Just my two cents really, maybe there's some sort of balancing going on where this could be considered too much (which I highly doubt) or maybe no one has bothered making a non-zeny throwing Ninja since the cards inception and it didn't bug them but it just feels weird to have it that way to me.
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2016 08:34 PM by Poofy.)
07-02-2016 08:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Autumn Leaf Cat Card awkward for Ninjas - Poofy - 07-02-2016 08:33 PM