Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Chronicles of Faeheim ~ Fate of The Unknown
The Midgard Times Offline
Best-Selling Newspaper

Amaria Returns

As agreed by Pixie, Lucretia and The Unknown, before allowing the Demon Realm refugees to use the Dreamstone core, the kingdom had to bring back the Defense Systems administrator, Amaria. She made constant back-ups of herself, with full memories, so she would know remember everything when broughtback, even the moments leading up to her demise.

A crew of fairies was assembled by Cynbel to retrieve the backup from Amaria's laboratory island, but hours had passed without any news from them, so Queen Pixie asked Agent Selene Winterfield of the International Peacekeeping forces to find out what was going on.

As usual, a group of volunteers signed up for the job, and they head out along with Winterfield for the lab. Upon arriving, they found the place had been utterly trashed, with General Cynbel and his troops knocked out. Upon coming to his senses, Cynbel explained that Crocell, follower of Amdusias, ambushed them after rewiring the golems to attack the group. Seemingly distrustful of Agent Winterfield, he tagged along despite his injuries.

Further into the destroyed laboratory, they encountered Crocell, and as expected, a fight broke out, but the ninja fled after being unable to defeat the heroes for the second time in about two weeks. At what used to be the central room, a decoy version of Amaria fought the group as well, and was destroyed, finally allowing access to the backup.

Now, with Amaria's improved new form and Faeheim's defenses at peak again, the next step is for the Fae to meet The Unknown to learn how to release the souls trapped in the dreamstone core. As explained in the past, spirits released will not move on to the next world right away. They must be put to rest.

Though the war with The Unknown has been avoided, more violence is expected, this time between fallen fairies, and the living.

[Image: 2h1QAb8.png]

"Status report?"

"From what I gathered, they've only used the stone for harnessing energy."

"Are you certain? You've already failed to get her to relinquish it to the Peacekeeper Force."

"Pixie tells me a lot, and allows a lot from me. Other nations are safe."

"For the safety of all of us... I hope this is all over with soon. We'll be pushing to have the core destroyed at the end of all this."

"Yes, my king."

"And, I shouldn't have to say this, but... don't get any ideas about the core. The dead should stay dead. You won't find any closure otherwise..."

Deep in the jungle of the old Faeheim Archipelago, a heated argument took place.

"Weak, pathetic, sniveling, coward of a leader!!" A winged fiend barked at a more familiar being.

"Altjyhra's gotten us the closest to the core as we've ever been. Want to spend the rest of your life fighting a war you keep losing? Be my guest!" Another winged creature furiously yelled back, before being interrupted by the subject of the controversy.

"Let them hate me, Abyza. They'll understand in the end, that it was for our survival." Altjyhra replied, with his back facing towards the angry mob.

"For your sake, you should hope you are right..." Another nearby creature growled at him.

Altjyhra and Abyza, his only supporter in these times, left the scene. His detractors, many of the group, continue to argue amongst themselves on the next course of action, should things go wrong.

Thanks for joining yesterday's event! We're almost halfway through this story arc! The next event will happen today at 8:00 PM EST! Less than 7 hours left!

[Image: xnA4SK0.jpg]

[Image: image,The-spc-Midgard-spc-Times,white,black.png]
11-10-2018 02:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
An Attack, An Escape - The Midgard Times - 10-22-2018, 11:18 PM
Unknown Conflicts - The Midgard Times - 10-25-2018, 12:07 PM
The Power of Choice - The Midgard Times - 10-26-2018, 03:10 PM
An Anonymous Response - ???? - 10-28-2018, 10:38 AM
A Call To Action - Amdusias - 10-31-2018, 01:39 PM
Amaria Returns - The Midgard Times - 11-10-2018 02:41 PM
Skylands Raid - The Midgard Times - 11-11-2018, 11:55 AM