Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Chronicle of Heroes ~ The Seer's Dilemma
The Midgard Times Offline
Best-Selling Newspaper

The Seer's Dilemma ~ Fixed, Flux

The Seer's dream, the one in which he saw a cataclysm, and center of controversy for the past two months, has finally been revealed.

During a press conference held in front of the Unity Statue in Prontera, Vynn explained what he saw in a dream. Though somewhat nervous about speaking in front of hundreds, he started explaining what he did on the day he had his cataclysmic dream, nearly two months ago. Upon reaching the part where he went to sleep for the night, his voice began to tremble ever-so-slightly, and he began to stutter somewhat.

"It don't know where I was exactly. But the sky was dark... Everyone was terrified. They ran away... away from something near us... bright, beautiful...

I tried hard to look around for context, but I couldn't find anything. I only heard screaming... So much screaming. And then... came a sudden burst of light.

I couldn't see or hear anything after that. I only heard myself say 'Everything will be destroyed', but I didn't say it. Or, not willingly..."

The Seer later asked for peace to be kept at all costs, in hopes of preventing a terrible future, but upon questioning by the press, was unable to specify an instance of his predictions not coming to pass. Melot instead took center stage upon noticing Vynn visibly overwhelmed, and offered words of support for all, claiming the future is not set in stone and can be changed.

Melot was questioned about the past actions of Dark Allegiance members and Erebos Followers, such as Mystra, Eudoxie, and his own ancestors, and the destruction that came from their own hand. "An individual's actions are just that: an individual's actions. They do not necessarily represent anyone else's values. Or would it be correct to say that Kushiel's actions represent the Light Allegiance's values? And what could we even say about Light and The Sky Island Incident several years ago?"

The press conference ended with more questions than answers. Even if apparently all of Vynn's previous prophecies have come true, can the future be changed? Or is it destined to happen? Does the very knowledge of his vision change the natural course of events leading up to this supposed cataclysm? And what exactly did he see? When did he see this cataclysm taking place? Where was it?

Perhaps only time will tell.

[Image: N7umPiq.png]

We're nearing the end of this story! For a change of pace, the next event will take place over the forum. Participants must answer either or both of the following questions:

1. Should anything be done to try to prevent or change the outcome of this mysterious future cataclysm?

2. Should The Seer attempt to find answers in his dreams regarding his cataclysmic vision?

Please provide a reasoning for your answer. It can be just a single sentence, an elaborate paragraph, etc. Your answers may affect this storyline, or any future one, so think thoroughly before you post!

Participants that meet the above requirements will receive 1 Reset Coupon and 1 Old Card Album. This event ends on Friday February 21st, 2020!

(Last Updated Feb 21 1:00 PM EST)
Participants that have already received their prizes will have their names crossed out.

- Pyro_Wolf641
- Mister Midnight
- Kiwis
- Syl
- The Legendary Joe
- Neloren
- Namine

[Image: image,The-spc-Midgard-spc-Times,white,black.png]
02-18-2020 04:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
The Seer's Dilemma ~ Fixed, Flux - The Midgard Times - 02-18-2020 04:40 PM