Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Regarding GMs and their legit players' identity
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Regarding GMs and their legit players' identity

GMing is a responsability, is has its fun moments, but overall it is more work than play. Like every other human being, we sometimes feel the need to relax, and simply have fun! We love Ragnarok, otherwise we would not be GMing on a RO server, as such, it is only natural that we also like to play the game ^_^

In the past, it was decided that Game Masters should keep their legit player identity hidden, because we thought this would be easier and better for everyone. We don't wanna be seen any differently than any other players, but a lot of people seem to have a problem doing that, envy or suspicions are often not far, sadly. But this rule was decided in the pas, long time ago, things change, the GM team has changed a lot since then, time for new "rules". As of now, it is up to each GM to decide if they want to have their legit player's identity open or hidden.

We are giving this new approach a try and I hope it's for the best. Soon, the GMs who wish to tell everyone who their players are will come and post in here and reveal all or some of those character(s) they are playing when not on their GM character.

However, the "rule" to not bother GMs about their identity still applies to the GM who do not wish to tell who they are playing. This also calls for a new rule. I think the GMs who decide to reveal their identity must expect that they might get PMs while playing. HOWEVER.. please be considerate if PMing a GM on their character. They might be busy, they might not see your PM if they are hunting and their text box fills up too fast, they might actually not feel like solving a problem (altough most of them usually do not hesitate to switch to their GM character if they see they are needed).

Since we might allow other player we trust to access our legit character account, please consider that it might not always be the "GM person" playing. As such, we will NEVER ask you for sensitive information such as passwords. We will not even ask you those on our GM characters, so needless to say, never give such information to a playing character.

Regarding the legitimacy of our playing characters, I think you must have trust in your GMs, not blind trust, but basic and simple honest trust. As players, we kill monsters like everyone else, we do get cards and equips, we also commerce with other players. As such, it is very bothersome if everytime we aquire a new piece of equipment its legitimacy is "questionned". If you have a serious reason to doubt the legitimacy of a character or their items, send the matter with all information to another GM and we will investigate it. We have logs of pretty much everything that goes on in-game, however looking into them is long and bothersome and I don't want to have to do it all the time. Time spent investigating logs is time that is not spent elsewhere such as making updates, support or event.

Lastly, over a year ago we made this post, altough the GM team has changed, big parts of this post still holds true and I think it is worth reading:
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=960

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
03-26-2007 04:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Regarding GMs and their legit players' identity - GM-Pandora - 03-26-2007 04:41 PM