Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Dancer's Chronicle - Secret of Transcendence
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

The Dancer's Chronicle - Secret of Transcendence

"Look everyone, there's Fortuna in the horizon!"

As the captain declared that their destinations were in sight, everyone on the boat rushed to the upper deck to take their first look at the Faeheim shorelines. Not everyone had this rare opportunity to visit the newly established region, and I was more than happy to jump from the frozen wilderness of Lutia to a tropical land like Faeheim. Over the past year, there were definite highlights in my life as a dancer in Kaldheim, barring a minor mishap from an overly enthusiastic fan. However, we had saved enough zeny for a new page in our journey. Lutia had recovered from the scars of the Dark Lord's devastation. Her people had moved on with their lives. It seemed like a fitting time for us to continue our travel around the world and bid Lutia farewell.

Overjoyed to see the end of the long journey, almost everyone was preparing to land, including my traveling partner since the day we left Grandma Kathy's orphanage together. I was certain that the marvelous sight of Faeheim would inspire him to write many new songs, and it was always fun to perform a new duet with him.

His innocent smile, his joyous expression, his angelic voice as he sang from the depth of his heart...

I would do anything to keep him safe.

But it was then I noticed that not everyone was so optimistic to set foot on solid ground once again.

I saw a man quietly packing his many potion bottles, witched starsands, herbs and some complicated looking book into his red ether bag. The repulsive surgical gown shared the same shade of green as his dyed hair. Everything about the man was an eyesore to look at. Why would anyone in their right mind believe that this would be an acceptable fashion sense? How did he have the sense to even walk outside?

"Is there a problem, miss?" I must have stared for too long and it caught his attention. I thought that the young man would be the introverted bookworm type who would not dare to speak out.

"Oh, I thought that even a doctor will want to wear something different than their work attires for such a long journey. Or did you only pack your books and forgot about clothes?" Oops, that came out wrong... oh well.

"And I thought that a dancer off work will want to wear something with decency, for a change." He was no introverted bookworm that stayed within his studies as he snapped back at my remark. I was not expecting the quick verbal jab and stuttered for just a second. The doctor picked up on it again.

"Best to leave the word plays to your duet partner. He is much more suited for it than you are given his great talents." I had opened the worse can of worms and I regretted everything about making fun of his appearance. This guy was one snarky son of a bitch.

"And I am not a doctor. Could use bit more experience with a scalpel before I can be a doctor." He continued on as if the most ordinary conversation was taking place, after the scathing remark against me. "I am an alchemist, though brewing potions to help the sick in Lutia was my job. What about you then? Why did the most beloved dancer in Kaldheim leave for this place? Perhaps a new hobby in 'Prince fishing'? Though the Prince of Faeheim will probably be an effortless catch for you." Why did everything out of this man's mouth got to be so foul and frustrating? Why did I not apologize when I picked on him?

"We have always planned to travel the world, so why not look at the newly re-established land of the fairies? Fortuna is not our final stop though as we plan to head towards the capital first." And it would be farewell to this foul-mouthed fiend once we head off to our separate ways.

"Oh really..." The vile man mused. "Why, I am also heading to to the capital. I heard that there was a new botany guild in the city that I am planning to visit. Seems like we will be on the road together!" I glared at him, visibly annoyed which only fed his sadistic amusement.

"The name is Flamel, by the way. Oh, and if you need any potions for first degree burns, I got you covered."

This trip to Carendel was not off to a good start...

12-07-2018 06:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
The Dancer's Chronicle - Secret of Transcendence - GM-Ayu - 12-07-2018 06:08 AM