Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The Economy And You
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE: The Economy And You

(06-03-2020 01:00 PM)Elizabeth Wrote:  
But beneath the surface there seems to lie something else. A very different story. Suspiciously acquired gears, manipulative marketing, dishonest business practices, sabotage, hostile takeovers, and to top it all off, rare, explosive temperament.

Roger allegedly uses dishonest methods to acquire zeny or even buy out entire auctions, angering some in the process. He lowballs prices, harming other merchants but not himself. Still, people buy. He steals big kills, angering even more, but now he has rare merchandise to fill his shops with. People buy, because it's better than risking wasting time getting big kills aggressively being taken over by him.
Please inform us more of these dishonest methods? Last I knew having more money you're willing to spend was how auctions were won.

Give examples on some of the products and prices he's lowballed on.

Only one person in recent memory attempts to buy low and sell high in the extremes and he tends to stand out more, but he's fairly new. I do think the way the community spikes the prices when he attempts to lowball/haggle is kinda toxic, but I don't know.

Most of the mvp parties I've been involved in with roger have either no competition, or the other team wasn't around for the mvp spawns. People can't claim mobs if they aren't present. The one time we did have to compete for damage, Hellstorm beat roger vrs ifrit.

If people want to compete, we need more people doing high end things, farming the small mvps with OCA's ad nauseum. We want competitive economies, we need more no-lifers doing nothing but RO all day every day. Smaller markets cannot prosper without the stuff to sell.

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
06-04-2020 10:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
The Economy And You - Elizabeth - 06-03-2020, 01:00 PM
RE: The Economy And You - JFKH - 06-04-2020, 08:54 AM
RE: The Economy And You - Mister Midnight - 06-04-2020, 09:42 AM
RE: The Economy And You - The Legendary Joe - 06-04-2020 10:01 AM
RE: The Economy And You - Syl - 06-04-2020, 10:08 AM
RE: The Economy And You - The Roger - 06-04-2020, 12:31 PM
RE: The Economy And You - The Roger - 06-04-2020, 12:08 PM
RE: The Economy And You - The Roger - 06-04-2020, 12:10 PM
RE: The Economy And You - Kiwis - 06-05-2020, 06:47 AM