Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"General" PvP Rules Agreement
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: "General" PvP Rules Agreement

HECK YAH, I would rather attempt to HD 1 kill you anyday of the week and at least knew I could do something rather than deal with a GTB user and see myself get pwnz0red like I was a n00b =/

I always could take a huge risk and bolt cast on you too. xD

Hi Wiz also can use Gravity Field to do dmg to GTB users if I remember correctly. Spellbreak from the sage skill tree still I think works on GTB users...but um that is not going to win you fights.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
09-11-2008 01:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:
GM-Pandora Wrote:Because you actually have to count them during the fight, with your eyes, and you have 2 PVPers to check at the same time? That's much more tedious than checking people at the start only, and at the start it can even be done via npc if one is written up.
Make sure they have none at the beginning of the event and give them required pots before each of their fight... It's not 'so hard'.
That's a good idea actually.

In the matter of "potions", what if everyone was allowed 10 potions per fight, and alchemist class 20. Given by the gm before the fight starts.

The choice for everyone would include their choice of a total of 10 between those:
-yellow (no white)
-green potion
-blue potion (max 3)

The choice for alchemist would include their choice of a total of 20 between those:
- white
- slim white
- slim red (for lif)
- green potion
- blue potions

So you can get protection from silence if you choose some green, but at the cost of less healing items. A max of 10 for regular players should not make for "pot spamming" fest fighting.

The left overs after a fight would be taken away.

G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:
GM-Pandora Wrote:As for the sage converters, they're the product of a skill, not the skill itself.
SAME SHIT OMG. If a box give movement speed, its the same thing as the skill. ANYWAY, how does it interfer in the balance if someone get the effect of a skill or directly the skill?
No it's not the same "shit", authorative badges basically cast agi up. Anyhow if it was up to me I wouldn't put converters either but people seem in favor of having them and I'm not especially against them, we still have to draw a line somewhere and since this is a thread for opinions I posted mine, I don't think boxes/movement speed potion should not be allowed.

G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:
GM-Pandora Wrote:And scrolls, well I'd still say forbid them if it was up to me, because it's simpler, if we wanna get into "let's accept these scrolls but not those" it gets overly complicated. It doesn't really say on a scroll if it's from kafra or not, some of the ones ayu listed are not kafra item, they're just sitting in the database with currently no way to obtain them, who knows what plan gravity has for them (selling in kafra shop or adding to a monster).
It's like saying 'no hat allowed' because Lord's Kaho Horns exist in the database, and that we don't want to bother cheking hats even if we know players cannot get Lord's Kaho Horns. :'[
Ayu is planning for the future and so am I, we know some of the stuff that are coming ahead, we have plans for some of those scrolls/items, she gave for example the fairy auction sale. While I understand how you derived your idiotic example because we are not very precise on what is coming, let me assure you that we are not raising concerns just for the "fun" of it, but rather to avoid future issues.

If we do allow scroll, does the following seem clear enough to everyone?

"Scroll items that drop from normally available monsters are allowed."

This would exclude scroll obtained from DB-only monsters, event monsters, quest monsters and of course fairy auction and other event prize.

G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:
GM-Pandora Wrote:Overall it's important to have fair rules of course, but it's equally important to have easy rules, as in, doesn't take 2 hours to read all the fine prints and exceptions.
I tought the main goal was to make fairest rules. If we don't want fine prints, why are we doing this thread for? Reading fine prints is really a small price to pay to get a fair pvp system...
We have to achieve a good balance between fair and easy, rules should be clear, precise and easy to understand and remember. They are there to make hosting these events simpler, not more complicated. All I'm saying is that we shouldn't overly complicate them if we can avoid it.

Many people in the thread get all high and mighty and defensive and aggressive too, you seem to forget the main purpose of this thread. It's a discussion, quite open too, to add more pvp events to the server, for the players enjoyment. So take some perspective and calm down everyone.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
09-11-2008 09:28 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Not going to limit mvp cards or what cards are allowed. I'm definitely not doing that.

We aren't going with healing potions either. The only reason why potion pitcher is considered is because that it's a powerful healing skill potentially deemed "too powerful" because of Creator's offensive capabilities compare to High Priest's limited options for offense. Just because it uses potions as the skill requirement, doesn't mean we are debating about the potions itself.

Players outside of alchemist branch will definitely *NOT* get any restoration items, blue or white or yellow or any color. (The only potential potion is green and/or panacea, if any at all.)

09-11-2008 09:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

RE:??"General" PvP Rules Agreement

GM-Ayu Wrote:Not going to limit mvp cards or what cards are allowed. I'm definitely not doing that.

We aren't going with healing potions either. The only reason why potion pitcher is considered is because that it's a powerful healing skill potentially deemed "too powerful" because of Creator's offensive capabilities compare to High Priest's limited options for offense. Just because it uses potions as the skill requirement, doesn't mean we are debating about the potions itself.

Players outside of alchemist branch will definitely *NOT* get any restoration items, blue or white or yellow or any color. (The only potential potion is green and/or panacea, if any at all.)

Love
09-11-2008 11:58 AM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

RE: ??"General" PvP Rules Agreement

teOx Wrote:
GM-Ayu Wrote:Not going to limit mvp cards or what cards are allowed. I'm definitely not doing that.

Love

Actually, we WERE debating potions ealier in the thread.

I find Pandora last post pretty satisfying. I like the idea of choice for potions. Also, even we ban potions outside of creator class, we can still make duelists choose between some usable items.

Icon_razz
pandora's list balanced and improved by krim :

---------------------------

- Green pots
- Orange pots (Really, those are just like "upgraded reds"), they pretty much suck, wouldn't imbalance, and would give players with some vit or with "increase hp recorvering" a little edge.
- ASPD pots
- Grape Juice
- Converter
- Cursed Water
- Boxes (+20 atk, movement speed, true sight, +20 matk, 9% hp recorvery but sleep, 9% sp recorvery but something bad in downside..etc)
- (ONLY FOR CREATORS: SLIM YELLOW)

-----------------------------

Really, orange pots are not strong, and we would have to choose before each fight what we think we need for that one. Icon_smile

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
09-11-2008 12:41 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Why head for more difficult and increasingly complicated methods Sweat If our goal is to make pvp easier to host and shorter duration in battle, then we ought to try to has as little limit as possible and that GMs only need to do one item check in the beginning, then off with the fun. With this method instead, you need to ask on players for what item to get, then trade (and since what item you need will depend on what's the upcoming matchup, it's going to take forever as you can't think about it in advance.)

If anything we're trying to make matches shorter so events go quicker. Healing items making classes who normally can't heal having healing abilities of any kind is just dragging it on, and making the defensive classes *even harder* to take down.

General consensus earlier in the thread is to say no to healing items and was agreed without much opposition (just you.) So, sorry Krim.

(Note: again, that's just me for my events in an attempt to make daily versions of pvping of some kind. Other GMs who like the idea can always use it. Structured and sophisicated type of organization is better fit for tournies of predetermined time where time won't be an issue, since hosting GM and participants probably free up their entire day for the tourney instead.)

09-11-2008 01:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

-ban healing items (except creator discussion)
-ban hax scrolls
-allow everything else

isnt that simple? Icon_biggrin
09-11-2008 01:13 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Well, if you want to make things easier, do so, but I won't participate in daily pvp events, (and I never planned to). What I am seeking are pvp tournements of predetermined time, like toh event that are called long before they occur.

If I just want to smash people with no healing items I'll just go in the no healing pvp room.

But thats me.

Why not making rules for daily pvp events as well as for big rare tournements?

Krim's grocery list

09-11-2008 01:45 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

RE:??"General" PvP Rules Agreement

G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:If I just want to smash people with no healing items I'll just go in the no healing pvp room.??

yay! Icon_biggrin

noobking Wrote:But thats me.??

Why not making rules for daily pvp events as well as for big rare tournements?
take too long to check everyone for a daily event! did you see last time? was like 30 minute to hour!
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2008 01:51 PM by teOx.)
09-11-2008 01:50 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Meant to say we could do rules for daily events AND rules for tournements. The "as well" meaning was that we could do that in THIS THREAD.

>:O

Krim's grocery list

09-11-2008 02:00 PM