Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Grapes.
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

RE:??Grapes.

GM-Pandora Wrote:Thanks for your suggestions, I had been pondering at changing the miracle man's price already, indeed this feature is never used, being overshadowed by fish, custom monster dropping grape is not out of the question either, I'll keep this in mind.

This is lovely news then. Icon_smile

I appreciate the support of er...the "community", and you Pandora on my suggestions. I'd like to ask, if the miracle man's price is dropped, would it hurt being 300z each? It seems like it could be a stable price when compared to what people price fish and blue pots at.

As for custom monster...Scorpion king could totally drop them, since they are little Egyptian king things and deserve delicacies to drop Whistle /endjoke Just throwing that in the mix Icon_biggrin

If anyone else has thoughts from here on, feel completely free to voice them as any more support/ideas would be welcome.

@Aaronock- I was kidding, but I'm glad you gave the longer response Icon_smile

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
01-19-2010 10:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

RE: Grapes.

takhara Wrote:Alright, I am not all that good with introductions, especially to suggestions- so I will just jump to the details.

Now, as we all know thoroughly well, there are only so many ways to restore sp.

Fish being the most widely used, yet the heaviest of them all. Fish are very heavy, take quite a while to get enough to store up, and are wasteful unless you need hp+sp heals simultaneously. In other words, on a low str class, its taking a lot of room- and risking you being 50% over. Fish are good in their own rights, say for mobbing with higher str characters, but not good for other classes.

Royal jelly is an option, but some harder to reach and kill monsters drop those, and the mobs on the maps with them aren't usually very happy of visitors.

Chocolates are decent, but as I am aware of, they only drop if you are wearing a special hat that drops them on x% chance per kill. These are rare, and can be quite expensive- so they are mainly for those lucky enough to have them already, or can afford to persuade someone to sell theirs.

Blue potions are only makeable by alchemist class, and the herbs are tiresome to hunt, unless you make yggdrassil's trunk or the lowest level of moscovia dungeon your best friend. They can be expensive, and not all that friendly to obtain the herbs for newer players, or those without the money to spare.

Strawberries are obtainable at the all too familiar wolf map, from spores,wolves,and the boas that reside there. All at the drop rate of 18%, or you can take a long trip up to the northern Prontera fields to kill yoyos, which drop at 30%.

Grapes- they drop at the highest 30% from blue plants, and the next highest from savages (9%) and poporings(6%). Now, not everyone has a biochemist at their disposal, so the only way to get grapes is to stay at yggdrassil's trunk and get them from the blue plants, or go kill monsters for their low drop rates of grapes.

Now, here are my suggestions. I would ask that these be read in their entirety, and thought upon by the community and gms alike, and give thoughtful, helpful input on them. Discuss pro/cons of suggestions, usefulness, and anything else that may cross your mind. Especially since fish are disabled in WoE now, a low weight, decently low priced and low weight sp healer would be helpful to not only WoE'rs, but pvm'rs as well.

Suggestion 1:There is a miracle man in aldeberan. He requires 1 holy water +800 zeny and he will make a grape juice for you. I would like to see the zeny requirement dropped anywhere from 0-400 zeny.

Suggestion 2:Add grapes to the selling list from tool shops, or fruit shops across the game, or perhaps in a single city's market. Price the grapes approximately 200z or so, so when making grape juice the price that venders could sell would not be too high. Each juice made by the juice-making npc requires 3z to make it, so keep this in mind also.

Suggestion 3:This would be a more debatable idea, but dropping grapes at a higher, custom drop from a decently mob'able monster that more people would be likely to hunt.

Now, I've tried to make these suggestions as well rounded as possible, but I obviously could have flawed them. So, I ask of whoever reads this to give their thoughts and opinions, usefulness of the suggestions, and which if not all of them could be implemented. In my opinion, if done correctly, all three could easily be done, as if the miracle man zeny requirement/grape from npc+gj making zeny requirement/custom monster drop rate matched up well, the price for vendable grape juice would be very stable, and provide good useful sp regenerative consumables to the market, at a constantly moderate price.

I would say, if all three were done it would give new and old players alike different viable options if they were to use grape juice. Acolyte class? Just make holy water and get the gj. Yes, it'll take a while- but you wouldnt be paying for it (Or much anyways). Merchant class? Discount the vender's grapes, make grape juice and sell for a tiny profit. Yeah, you may only reap 20z of profit per gj, but I've seen people do it before, especially new players. Anything capable of fighting whatever custom monster that drops grapes, would be able to do that. Just pay the juice-man the zeny/juice after you harvest some grapes and you are done Icon_wink

I would love to have some GM input on this, as petty as it may seem...
For those that read this all, thank you very much for your time.

Blue Potions also drop from a few mobs. Like Nightmares.
Grapes & Royal Jellies are not hard to farm. I usually overcharge 50+ at a time. But sure they can drop more often. I'm open to more money.
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2010 01:02 AM by Matrim Cauthon Jr.)
01-20-2010 01:00 AM
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

Not hard to farm, but definitely not as effective as they could and should be.

Now, note that I'm only talking about changing rates, and places to obtain things for grapes/grape juice- not any other sp consumption item. I was just using the others to show what alternatives there are, and etc etc..im tired talk about this later ;O..

Ign:
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

01-20-2010 01:06 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Well custom monsters don't drop grapes, but they do drop blue herbs *coughcoughfairylandcoughcough*

01-20-2010 01:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

I sorta agree with what you're trying to have done but there's a couple things I'd remark on what you said.

takhara Wrote:Royal jelly is an option, but some harder to reach and kill monsters drop those, and the mobs on the maps with them aren't usually very happy of visitors.
Usually, agi built melee classes 80+ can farm those with few problems, even from the??"Unfriendlies". It's not all that far from town, so even the hassle of needing to weapon switch isn't anything to complain about.

takhara Wrote:Blue potions are only makeable by alchemist class, and the herbs are tiresome to hunt, unless you make yggdrassil's trunk or the lowest level of moscovia dungeon your best friend. They can be expensive, and not all that friendly to obtain the herbs for newer players, or those without the money to spare.

I'll sorta agree with you on herbs.??But??there are monsters that drop blue pots. The most easily farmable one being Nightmare, which is usually farmed by profit mongers and sin users for Infiltrator. Alternately, there's Incubus/succubus and Nightmare terror, but they have spirit destruction which usually means you'll use more of them than you'll get.

I'll never know why Gravity decided to take blue potions out of Yuno's Tool shop... they used to sell for 5 k ea without discount there =x

I honestly find the best place to farm blue herbs to be at Goats, 2 south of yuno. The only pain there is the 5 Harpy that spawn on that map.
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2010 01:24 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
01-20-2010 01:22 AM
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

I understand Ayu, Joe. Those are some nice points, but I still stand by my suggestions and would like to see them happen.

/snoo3eeez

Ign:
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

01-20-2010 01:26 AM
Sakurato Away
Full Support Copycat

Option 4: Buy a creator and kill plants!

With the account selling going around it shouldn't be to hard :D.

Kohana|Sinx
Euphorie|Champ
Sonatina|Gypsy
Sakurato|High Priest
Nozomi|Whitesmith
Sakura|Professor
Frejya|Sniper
Ayami|Creator
Anei|Stalker
Fumiko|High Wizard
01-20-2010 01:26 AM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

S> Sakurato's account.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
01-20-2010 01:44 AM
TPC Offline
I like pie

Whats so hard about getting blue herbs? Goats are pretty easy to kill and drop them at 30%.

My chars: TPC / Tjuven / Dansare / Sinne / Magiker / Byracka / Krigare / Andreas
01-20-2010 02:53 AM
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

PC/B>Astaroth account

Saku's too noob.

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
01-20-2010 05:48 AM