Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
AFKemists
Vaxel Offline

RE: AFKemists

Fine, it was just a suggestion. Surprise that this server alters gameplay.
04-09-2010 08:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zerrif Offline
One of Many

RE:??AFKemists

Aaronock Wrote:But we're not iRO (speaking for the GM's).
I'm against AFKemists but I wouldn't care if they allowed again for auto pitching homuncs.??Of course don't allow the ai to set up to do any skills for you such as fireblend activations and what not.

Also I have no issues partying chemists, ask Gerik, he got to party with my stalker a few times a few places cause he asked.??I already said before my biggest beef with some alchies is they think all they haveta do is bolt+pot pitch and some don't even do the latter.??If the alchemist is willing to mammo, play, and even throw a few demos and plants down if I'm mobbing for him or something then hell yah he's a great team mate to have.

Pot pitch? On a low vit stalker? Please, I'll just Light Epsilon heal you.

*coughs*

I don't see how "altered" that gameplay could really be. As Zandor said, that's not "gameplay" because that's just "gamerunning". We don't allow any sort of botting (AFKmisting involves botting) so why should we make an exception to a rule we've clearly defined? You're trying to ask for something that in all honesty, 99.9% of the server is most likely okay with.

And trust me, I know how hard it is to find a party on an alchemist. I know how damn hard it was to figure out the best way that I could be USEFUL in a party. Most people don't want an alchemist simply because usually, other classes can fill in for them. They're sub-par melee fighters, and making yourself an int-build leaves you with potion pitching, and bolts that are pretty much worthless if you have any mage-type in your party.

But there are bonuses alchemists have that others don't. You need to sometimes, point these out. Get some potions to pitch, and lots of them (especially if you SP slave). All things considered, on a high VIT target, an alchemist is far faster healing than any priests, even with a Maiden's, Lady Bacso card, +10 SoR, 99+full int gears, and level 99 base. On high INT targets, pitching a blue pot heals easily 500-900SP based on their SP recovery skill (if they have it), and doesn't require you to lose all your SP like a prof would.

Alchemists are backup characters, and people need to start seeing that, but you can't hope for a party if you're not willing to back the people up. All your bottles don't have the greatest damage, but their effects can sometimes make up for it (Bio cannibalize being able to activate your auto-casts is insanely useful). Pitching is great if your party is large, or your prof/priest is swamped. Bring extra tools for your party in your cart-- potions, yggs, wings, traps, gems, arrows, anything you can think of.

Besides, if you afk-mist, your job level is going to fail horridly. Your homunculus eats up all your job exp. Changing the AI to auto-bolt or attack for you not only breaks AFKmist rule, but also no botting rule-- so that's out of the question.

Gerik - Some noob Battle High Priest
Shichiro - Some noob AD
Muarim - Some noob smith

I'm just a noob.

[Image: TeaCyber.jpg]
[Image: Proto.jpg]
04-09-2010 09:45 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

I love using Bio canibalized Geo's to heal Zombified peoples in odins, though Pot pitch would work too.
04-09-2010 10:18 PM
Merellis Offline
Honor Bound

If you want to leave the computer alone while your Homunculus does all the work and your alchemist gets fat and lazy, be my guest. :D I mean, you would need a second account so you could do it again when that one gets banned, but go ahead I insist. :3

And I agree with Zandor on how this game is to be played, not turned on so you can walk away while the life you created fights for it's life. I mean, I occasionaly go AFK on my Alch in TOWN to let the hunger go down while I watch my son/clean/deal with a crazy cat, but that's merely like waiting for a download clicking occasionally to keep going. Either that, or I'm chatting on MAIN, in guild, or alt-tabbed doing other stuff.

If you want to level a character, go to a map and work hard. If your gonna make a mockery of hard-workers by going AFK and laughing as your Homunculus and yourself gain unearned exp then why are you playing any MMO at all? You can't learn your class by not playing it, you can only gain in skills by playing and playing hard.

At least, that's my opinion.

[Image: b.png]
Azul 9x/6x Champ
Tagnikzur 9x/6x High Priest
Cornelius 7x/4x SWiz
04-09-2010 10:38 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Who cares what official do? Let's remake the entire lucky boxes fiasco because "iRO said so!"? We don't need another 22 pages of the mysteriously-disappeared-wing-thread repeat performance why heRO doesn't give a darn about what iRO thinks, and how balance for us isn't what's balance for official servers either.

heRO works on the following premises and groups AFKemist together with bots: players must be physically present in front of the keyboard and not have their share of gameplaying be done by "anything else" for them.

Sorry but really that's how things work in this server. If it's not to your liking, you may have to contact a GM directly through a support ticket to ask to revoke the current rules, or if this is really necessary for you, then perhaps you may need to look for a new home.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
04-10-2010 12:42 AM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

RE:??AFKemists

Namine Wrote:players must be physically present in front of the keyboard and not have their share of gameplaying be done by "anything else" for them.

Does that make leeching illegal then?

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
04-10-2010 01:14 AM
~Altera~ Offline
I'VE GOT BLISTERS ON MAH FINGERS

Yeah, don't even try. Any mention of trying to return some of the customs to where they were designed to be is just going to be barraged with a storm of "we're not iRO" from people who are so far off the base game mechanics that they can't recognize them any more. Guess that applies less here though...

Also, I don't know how some of the people here view it, but the way I see it leveling is just a gateway to gearing and WoEing. This is especially true on a 5x rate server where leveling is very, very easy. AFKing for items is more of an issue, but still AFK homs kill things very slowly and can not AFK in higher level areas where any items worth having are.

Summary being; considering we're on a high rate the exp shouldn't be the issue here, since you should be able to 99 your hom and yourself if you put in any effort at all. The issue should be items dropping to AFK characters. They can't per say AFK for higher level items but they can AFK for zeny to buy the higher level items (although it would be incredibly slow anyway considering they would have to wait for the monsters to respawn and they couldn't AFK and leave for extensive amounts of time, actually on another server my friend used to set his alarm and wake up every 2 hours in the middle of the night to feed his hom >.> ) so no matter what happens here it will only make a small difference, because you can also AFK in town to feed your hom for intimacy so the only advantage would be AFKing to slowly kill low level monsters. Either way, people on this server are deaf to change. You can push and push, but it won't change.

~Altera lvl 99/70 Sniper ~ : Altera lvl 9x/50 Wizard ~
Altera~ lvl 96/50 Sin ~ : ~Altera~ lvl 9x/6x High Priest ~
"heRO is a worthy server, that Altera doesn't deserve!"

[Image: basebelong-1.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2010 01:28 AM by ~Altera~.)
04-10-2010 01:25 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

RE: ??AFKemists

Whispers Wrote:
Namine Wrote:players must be physically present in front of the keyboard and not have their share of gameplaying be done by "anything else" for them.

Does that make leeching illegal then?

If you are physically sitting there, then it's fine. Otherwise, the share will break by itself anyway on top of it all unless you move. And then if you move which should signify how you are present, then it's free for GM to attempt a botcheck there.

Yeah we detest changes like this as it wrecks what we are used to! We also will like to keep our status quo of snipers of HP below 9000 for obvious reasons because it is obvious!

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2010 01:36 AM by Namine.)
04-10-2010 01:33 AM
~Altera~ Offline
I'VE GOT BLISTERS ON MAH FINGERS

You keep saying "obvious reasons are obvious" even though I've made like 5 different arguments. That's just like your default to avoid actual conversation.

~Altera lvl 99/70 Sniper ~ : Altera lvl 9x/50 Wizard ~
Altera~ lvl 96/50 Sin ~ : ~Altera~ lvl 9x/6x High Priest ~
"heRO is a worthy server, that Altera doesn't deserve!"

[Image: basebelong-1.jpg]
04-10-2010 01:42 AM
Sakurato Away
Full Support Copycat

Because a sniper with over 9000 HP is broke!

Kohana|Sinx
Euphorie|Champ
Sonatina|Gypsy
Sakurato|High Priest
Nozomi|Whitesmith
Sakura|Professor
Frejya|Sniper
Ayami|Creator
Anei|Stalker
Fumiko|High Wizard
04-10-2010 02:32 AM