Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Good Bye
Jens Offline
Weird Spider Sir

RE: Good Bye

The more we bitch, whine and nag, and generally behave like Marco, the more likely our demands will be met. Got it. Good to know.

Do multiple exclamation marks help too?

[Image: 4NuAbXh.png]
09-08-2013 04:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE: ??Good Bye

GM-Lassander Wrote:To those of you who didn't realize the servers priority list: I have worked on or for RO servers for the past 3-4 years, with very few breaks. It is a common yet unfortunate trend that the most vocal minority gets appeased. For months, possibly years there's been 0 mention of updating the emulator (I'm referring to it as the emulator because most have followed Hercules's lead and moved to git and so they are no longer effectively SVNs) there has however been a very vocal group when it comes to BG updating. This group will be given a priority because ultimately they do get heard.

My advice to you would to be more vocal then them about the SVN then they are about BG, you out number them, most of them agree with you anyways, use that to your advantage.

demishock Wrote:Does this also mean that that scripting class group is going to be discontinued?

If people want support, they call always add me on Skype however very few people who showed initial interest actually followed up. Major props to Ptah for how active he was.

What I have mentioned in this thread is merely the tip of the iceberg as to why I'm leaving. There was also a major break down in communication, and a major parting over other things in general to the point I don't feel comfortable having my name attached to it as a developer. Really a lot of little things that just added up to make a big thing. However, it has to be remembered that I'm beyond a full time student, time constraints are probably the biggest contributor to my decision.

If you want to stay in contact, contact me via my public ro email: gm-lassander@hotmail.ca

To be fair, many of us who repeated request BG updates have repeatedly acknowledged or even suggested that to do this effectively would mean an SVN update.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
09-08-2013 04:44 PM
BackHand Offline
Peacekeeper

Thanks for your hard work and dedication to heRO. IRL first, F*** the haters.

[Image: ThePeacekeepers_zps9245bcc6.jpg] The Peacekeepers

Dead
BackHand - Banned
Luminescence - Banned
Dual - Banned
09-08-2013 09:26 PM
Ptah Offline
Lurker Above

RE: ??Good Bye

GM-Lassander Wrote:Major props to Ptah for how active he was.

And probably will be once i sort things out and manage to give myself that magical kick in the ass for speed i always need. I'll still pester you with questions every now and then then >:D

God i have too many characters. Just call me Bisu and let's end this -_-
[Image: fco46t.jpg][Image: 4se5oh.jpg]
Want to help HeRO? Feeling you're full of ideas that people will adore? Don't just stand there! Join HeRO T&D Crew!
09-08-2013 09:45 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

I assigned Lassander the BG script that GM-Salt left unfinished because I did not think I could handle it myself, he's a more advanced scripter. It was mostly a logistic choice, it's not about who sreams the loudest. SVN update aren't my cup of tea but I'Ve handled the previous ones.

Lassander I'm grateful for the work you did for the server. And I'll do what I can to pick up the unfinished projects. Best of luck with your semester and all your future endeavors.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
09-09-2013 10:24 AM