Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How To Ensure Everyone's Vote
Loki Offline
Posting Freak

RE: How To Ensure Everyone's Vote

Loveless Wrote:
GM-Loki Wrote:only problem is if the top sites get wind of you rewarding players for voting they could remove you.

Nearly all servers in top reward for voting, they have been doing it since years ago and they haven't still been removed.

The top servers also pay to keep their top spots, one of them even has it to where you're forced to vote before you can log into the client. One of the top servers has even paid before to have other servers removed because they lost their top spots. How is that considered fair or how would that give us a good rep?

[Image: Loki-Sig_zpsd461cd88.gif]
11-20-2007 11:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Loveless Offline
Beautifully Broken

I am sorry, I was just trying to encourage people to vote. I didn't know it was against the rules to reward for voting, and I didn't know about that kind of corruption you are speaking about.

u.uU

I guess somebody has to do something about it, if it's that way. What's the point on voting if there is people that will never drop from the top?

Why do we vote then?
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2007 11:34 AM by Loveless.)
11-20-2007 11:33 AM
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

Yes but you see they also get thosands of Noobs and A-Holes, the only reason im staying at HeRO is because its got the nicest community out of every server ive played. Its got awsome GM's and even though its not fully updated i atleast feel confident the GM's are trying there hardest. Let them buy there number one spots it means nothing to those who are already here.

[Image: 330g3na.gif]
"A utopia without love is just an illusion"
Angel Fates /99-68/1 agi 190aspd Lord Knight.
Magia Erebea Elysia /83-49/ Battle Alchemist
Magia Elysia/94-50/Magic Bullet Monk <-Needs work.
11-20-2007 11:33 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Thanks for the suggestion Loveless <3, as others mentionned however this is not "allowed" by the topsites. Even if big servers do it and get away with it is no reason for us to do it. But I know you meant well ^_^

Also, I'd really like it if players voted because they like the server, not for rewards. I think the server deserves that much ^_^;

Reviews on RMS are also a GREAT help in getting more players, I'm happy and grateful that we've only ever had positive reviews, thanks to everyone who took the time to write one!
http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=d...erver.Net'

A bigger community would be good indeed, as long as it stays as nice as it is now, I wouldn't trade any of our nice members for 10 or even 100 jerks. Word of mouth is really good also, so if you got nice friends, invite them!

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
11-20-2007 12:08 PM
Loki Offline
Posting Freak

Quote:Why do we vote then?

We vote to at least get on the first page, some players refuse to go past the first page, but they do at least look at the top 50 servers. If we can make it to the first page or up towards the middle of the first page then we're fine, because players will be more likely to see our server, with the current population even if everyone voted twice a day I doubt we would match the higher up servers but at least we would have our name out there. But yea I always thought that was unfair but what can you do about people who are easily influenced by money?

We vote as appreciation for a great server, much like a donation. A donation should be done in appreciation of what a charity does or what a server provides, not just because you get l337 itanz or because u wan free st00fz. It should be done as an act of appreciation or goodwill because whether people believe it or not, it does help.

As players, we should vote because we like the server and want to get it's name out there, but also we should write good reviews on RMS. This way the community grows because we bothered to take the whole two seconds out of our day it takes to vote, or the two or three minutes it took us to write a review. As a player myself, I never felt the need to be rewarded for just clicking a button.

As a GM, we appreciate the time you take out of your busy day to just click those buttons. The rewards (depending on your perception of the thing), can be construed as in game events, the server still being open from having a population, more custom items for you to get in game, ToH, etc... While we may not give you something outright for voting, in a way we do.

and of course what pandora said above me since I'm a slow poke poster Icon_cry

[Image: Loki-Sig_zpsd461cd88.gif]
11-20-2007 12:12 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

GM-Loki Wrote:l337 itanz or because u wan free st00fz

OMGZZ!!!1!one!! THAT'S WHY I VOTE!

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
11-20-2007 02:19 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

After a server gets on the first page, it really has minimal effect to be first on the first page, or last on the first page... if the server is on the first page, then there's the chance where those ctrl+f will come to stop at a word mentioned in the heRO descriptions.

Personally, Namin? found heRO server by RMS, and indeed RMS has slightly more quality control than topsite. Also, a show of support by words and details of what the server is like is far more than anonymous voting. Namin? actually read every single RMS review for heRO server before deciding to even click on the website for further investigation if the server is worth playing~

Writing for RMS and drop a review there is probably the best advertisement for heRO in Namin?'s opinion~

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
11-20-2007 02:27 PM
Jack Skellington Offline
The Pumpkin King

Has anyone joined a server because it had a "pretty banner" on RMS? Just curious, since that isn't why I joined, anyone?

[Image: barrelsigam5.jpg][Image: barrelvn0.jpg]
11-20-2007 02:58 PM
Loveless Offline
Beautifully Broken

I joined because there was a post about heRO hairstyles in my old server. I had some problems there so I was about to leave, and when I saw this I decided to give it a try. Can't be more happy.
11-20-2007 03:06 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

There was? o_O I'm curious, can you PM me the link? Icon_suprised

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
11-20-2007 03:46 PM