Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Riddle Event!! XIX (April 4th 2007)
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

RE: Riddle Event!! XVIII (September 7th 2006)

XD Rei your as much of a smart allec as I am XD <3
Yes, please do write out the concept of pain and its function :D

You do make a very good point after all :3

Thats why people who don't feel can seem to be more powerful to, because their body doesn't have a limiter like the rest of us, that which is pain X3 The brain is the main station to process the sense of pain, so...yaya smart allecs :D

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2006 08:23 PM by Manifus.)
09-18-2006 07:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

I meant that if you poke the brain itself, it doesnt feel anything. If you have a headache, it's not comming from your brain it's the stuff around it when it's compressed.

But anyhow, do englighten us XD

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
09-18-2006 08:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lance Offline
Dragon Lance - Hiya! Normal People!

Pain? What is this Pain ... @#$%!!! ... nvm ... i know now. Icon_razz
09-18-2006 09:02 PM
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

lol

i will make this brief description then.

1.) when tissue damage occurs, imune response release all sorts of chemicals.

2.) these chemicals trips off the nerve sensors which acts as damge detection device. we call these pain receptors.

3.) a chemical called bradikin cause the nerce cells to depolarise and create a potential difference between the membranes by opening the sodium channel and sends a signal down the axons (like cables in our nervous system)

4.) depending on where the damge is, some can feel like sharp, prickly to deep burning and aching.

5.) the nerve gate acts like a switch, if the signal going through the touch receptors is stronger than the pain receptors then the pain apears weak because the gate closes. and vice versa. which is why sometimes in olden days wounded soldiers are made to bite on something when anaesthetic isnt available. it is simply to flood the nerve with touch perception signals to shut the pain gate.

6.) when this signal reaches the spinal column, this signal is sent to the brain via the anterior spinothalamic pathway. this goes to the brain an hypothalamus which releases a flood of chemicals into the system to help with the pain.

7.) some of these chemicals include endorphine, enkephalins and the other body's natural opiates. how much of these chemicals are released can cause a vast variety of effects.

~~a.) people with higher pain tolerance release more of these chemicals.
~~b.) people who are addicted to pain (masochist) are adicted because of the inclusion of the chemical phenylethylamine, norepineprine, and dopamine which are all chemicals that is meant to be the reward sensation chemicals. these chemicals cause the activation of the brain segment that cause the pleasure sensation.
~~c.) the lack of the natural pain killer chemical released can cause a person to be sensitive to pain.
~~d.) too much released and it can shut the pain. which is why morphene is given to patients in severe pain to induce the flooding of the brain with these natural pain killers and shut the pain gate.
~~e.) when morphene is injected, it also cause the tiny amount of the pleasure chemicals dopamine and norepineprine to be amplified causing the "high" that people get when drugged out. prolong the situation and it can lead to addiction because the learning centre of the brain associate the drug with pleasure and learns the level of the chemical flood. therefore, when the daily routine of morphine injection is stopped the brain sends the "i need this chemical" signal and that is what drug craving is. (i do not know if it related to cravings during pregnancy, i assume there is)

Icon_razz sorry for being picky. i was just playing around. being smart alecky once in a while doesnt hurt, does it?Icon_wink

When someone calls you a lunatic and the first thing that came to mind is a cute, fluffy, white bunny, you know you've played too much RO.

Welcome to our world.
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2006 12:38 PM by Rei Ayanami.)
09-21-2006 12:34 PM
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

RE:??Riddle Event!! XVIII (September 7th 2006)

Rei Ayanami Wrote:Icon_razz sorry for being picky. i was just playing around. being smart alecky once in a while doesnt hurt, does it?Icon_wink

Doesn't hurt at all ^_^ Although some people get annoyed by it, thye love us anyways Icon_lol

09-21-2006 12:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
crossmesh Offline
I R QUEEN, BOW DOWN TO ME

WOOO~!
Sounds in-te-rest-ing~~!!

Update this so I can try~! =3

Please? XD XD
02-10-2007 10:35 PM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

heh heh maybe you should ask pand to start a poll to bring it back

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
02-10-2007 10:40 PM
crossmesh Offline
I R QUEEN, BOW DOWN TO ME

Woah hey it was gone?
Dang I needa pay more attention...
She probably took it off for a reason though =/
02-10-2007 10:48 PM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

well this topic is about 6 months or so old lol

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
02-10-2007 11:31 PM
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

ok then let me try this.

What is hollow, and full of life

shape is unknown and used to be flat.

When someone calls you a lunatic and the first thing that came to mind is a cute, fluffy, white bunny, you know you've played too much RO.

Welcome to our world.
02-11-2007 04:31 AM