Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ban on Public Account Selling
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

RE: Ban on Public Account Selling

Auctioning accounts sure has become a trend in the past week or so...

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
azurerogue Wrote:Players leaving the server (recently) has nothing to do with quests.  We leave because we're bored.  HeRo is an excellent server, and I'm not relocating to a new one - I'm just bored with RO in general and I have way too much going on personally to commit time here.
11-06-2010 11:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE:??Ban on Public Account Selling

Namine Wrote:^True, but personally from perspective to try to keep server strong and going, allowing *public* selling of accounts for real money really gives an incentive for bored players to sell and quit, instead of just going inactive and return once there's new stuff to do (like content update and whatnot).

I agree. I think this is one of the signs of the apocalypse, no?

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
11-06-2010 11:01 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Well, the word "Ragnarok" does mean end of the world, no? We're just living up to the name of the game, that's all.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
11-06-2010 11:06 PM
Rankin Offline
Durp

Namine Wrote:Well, the word "Ragnarok" does mean end of the world, no? We're just living up to the name of the game, that's all.

not end of the world >_>

In Norse mythology, Ragnar?k ("final destiny of the gods") is a series of future events, including a great battle foretold to ultimately result in the death of a number of major figures (including the gods Odin, Thor, T?r, Freyr, Heimdall, and the j?tunn Loki), the occurrence of various natural disasters, and the subsequent submersion of the world in water. Afterward, the world will resurface anew and fertile, the surviving and reborn gods will meet, and the world will be repopulated by two human survivors. Ragnar?k is an important event in the Norse canon, and has been the subject of scholarly discourse and theory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragnar%C3%B6k
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2010 11:23 PM by Rankin.)
11-06-2010 11:22 PM
Hiroishime Offline

Namine Wrote:^True, but personally from perspective to try to keep server strong and going, allowing *public* selling of accounts for real money really gives an incentive for bored players to sell and quit, instead of just going inactive and return once there's new stuff to do (like content update and whatnot).

IMHO nothing "morally wrong" with account selling nor is it similar to botting type of unfairness at all, but I personally feel that it does encourage people to leave and really give them an incentive to do so...

fact : sudden peak at players leaving
question : why?

^____________________________^ /derp
11-06-2010 11:46 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

@Rankin: I like this one better: (Norse Myth.) The so-called "Twilight of the Gods" (called in German G?tterd?mmerung), the final destruction of the world in the great conflict between the ?sir (gods) on the one hand, and on the other, the giants and the powers of Hel under the leadership of Loki (who is escaped from bondage).

Hiroishime: I think everyone but perhaps??2 particular individuals know why, so let's leave it at that.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2010 12:11 AM by Namine.)
11-07-2010 12:07 AM
Rankin Offline
Durp

Namine Wrote:@Rankin: I like this one better: (Norse Myth.) The so-called "Twilight of the Gods" (called in German G?tterd?mmerung), the final destruction of the world in the great conflict between the ?sir (gods) on the one hand, and on the other, the giants and the powers of Hel under the leadership of Loki (who is escaped from bondage).

But Ragnarok is also the recreation of the world :O

...lol bondage.
11-07-2010 09:04 AM
Rurouni Kalain Away
Loves Tacos

While I don't like it...it does make sense. I mean if I person works really hard to get something, should they not be able to get something for that that could be used in a different area? In this case, real life. While I may not like people doing that, the truth is that indeed more is not being put into the game, it's simply being moved to another person.

Also true is that new person will not have the same amount of respect of the person who actually earned and worked for that account/characters.

While I may not like it myself, I don't think that it should be banned..however I do feel that some limits on it should be set..I'm just not sure how feasible that is or what they should be, if truly anything at all.

I do what I can.
"*gasp* You have HOW many of that item?"
I'm freaking Kalain baby. Accept no substitutes.

Kalain - Lord Knight 99/69
Bomoke - Blacksmith - 8x/4x

bool freeTime = false;
if(freeTime)
   game();
else
   school();
(To everyone. I haven't been on much, and I didn't really give much of a goodbye because I've been in contact with some people. Do message me on Yahoo or MSN if you like. I'll come back..just not ready yet.)
11-11-2010 02:16 PM
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

I personally think that if it was legal the first five years of the server....to just change it now when people are actually doing it just bugs my "Reactionary Rule Change" pet peeve.
11-11-2010 02:25 PM
Pontta Offline
Kurr...

Matrim Cauthon Jr Wrote:I personally think that if it was legal the first five years of the server....to just change it now when people are actually doing it just bugs my "Reactionary Rule Change" pet peeve.
+1
11-11-2010 02:36 PM