More merchs most likely

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
10-10-2010 02:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Henvar Offline

RE: Population Record

true

I think 75% of that amount are just merchs. 25% are active.. perhaps even less.

Henvar - Wiz
Henvar 2.0-Thief
Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.
10-10-2010 02:22 PM
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

Time for me to make 70 merchant accounts to boost the pop to 600 and steal more pandelina items :D

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
azurerogue Wrote:Players leaving the server (recently) has nothing to do with quests.  We leave because we're bored.  HeRo is an excellent server, and I'm not relocating to a new one - I'm just bored with RO in general and I have way too much going on personally to commit time here.
10-10-2010 03:41 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Wait so... no merchant = "horrible economy, everything overpriced and monopolized, waaa" and yes merchant = "pointless population boost/trowa-duplication that means nothing but cakes, waaa"?

Plus I thought that once in awhile Pandelina gave more than just cakes?

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
10-10-2010 03:55 PM
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

RE:??Population Record

Namine Wrote:Plus I thought that once in awhile Pandelina gave more than just cakes?

Who ever said she only handed out cakes? /swt
Also a lot of the shops are useless ones selling items not even over 100k. Because really who wants to buy skull rings.

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
azurerogue Wrote:Players leaving the server (recently) has nothing to do with quests.  We leave because we're bored.  HeRo is an excellent server, and I'm not relocating to a new one - I'm just bored with RO in general and I have way too much going on personally to commit time here.
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2010 06:26 PM by thecursed.)
10-10-2010 06:22 PM
Weapon Offline
The Family Jewels

Perhaps there could be a rendition of @who that excludes all merchants/high merchants, just to see who's alive and awake--or at least logged in. The # of excluded-merchants-that-are-awake-aware-and-playing who aren't counted can be balanced out by the number of alchemists/creators and blacksmiths/whitesmiths that are also @at'ing.

Other than that I'd say the only way to get an accurate census would be to tally up how many unique IP addresses have been accessing the server over the past month.
10-10-2010 06:23 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

RE: ??Population Record

thecursed Wrote:Who ever said she only handed out cakes? /swt
Also a lot of the shops are useless ones selling items not even over 100k. Because really who wants to buy skull rings.

I bought skull rings (if they are 5k and lower) once to slot them to make a poporing skull ring out of it before Icon_cry

As for the who suggestion, it's not an unique idea that other servers have done, but then you get the opposite argument that you are hurting the server with a low population report, and new players aren't going to investigate how the number comes out to be.

So while good intentions are there for either approach, GMs are usually caught in a losing battle. You might as well just leave the population count as they are now to focus on other stuff, like heRO birthday and halloween and all~ It's getting to the holiday season barrage soon with only november to rest, then bombardment of holidays again with christmas and onward.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
10-10-2010 07:18 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

561!
[Image: a2vou0.jpg]

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
10-11-2010 05:53 PM
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

Personally, I don't see why the dislike of merchants. They are a game mechanic. The Hero population is growing steadily.
10-12-2010 01:53 AM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

Not only are we breaking population records, we're also currently first on RMS.

And not only in the LR listings. We're currently in highest place among ALL servers there.

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

10-12-2010 03:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply