Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Crime & Punishment
rams365 Offline
Paradox Divided by 0

RE: Crime & Punishment

hey shadows could u update that really quick so my comment doesnt show the name of the other server on it? thanks Icon_biggrin but anyways im not saying that she should be completely regiven all of the things that she lost in the deletion, but i would give him back his dark lord shoes. i would at least compensate him in some way for his loss so that he doesnt have to leave the server.
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2008 11:41 PM by rams365.)
03-08-2008 11:35 PM
Find all posts by this user
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

RE:???? Crime & Punishment

Kiki Wrote:
The Legendary Joe Wrote:
Kyouhei Wrote:We should remove Maya, maya purple and bloody butterfly cuz we can see their breasts.
You forgot Isis and Harpy
and ludes too :x they look like sp3rmies O.O;;

hahahhahahahahhahaha

lina "u perb."

omg i never noticed that i always just assumed them to be like candle lights or something now everytime i see them im gonna think im killin a sperm or something Icon_cry
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2008 11:45 PM by teOx.)
03-08-2008 11:44 PM
Loki Offline
Posting Freak

n3xus Wrote:As for GM-Loki, he basically called Jason a coward for talking about people behind their backs. This is sort of "you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't." If Jason were to say anything in public or to someone's face, it's an immediate jail, mute, or ban. If Jason says it in guild forums or guild chat or PM's, then he is a coward. What would you have Jason do? Jason does have the right to express himself and his opinions. Even the Klu Klux Klan is allowed to hold peaceful meetings and pass out pamphlets and have web pages according to the 1st amendment, freedom of speech. Does Canada work that differently? Jason's attitude has toned down in the past couple of years, if you can believe that. He still pisses people off ingame. But it wasn't like before. He says things in private to us in guild to vent, etc. I don't think he should be called a coward for that. Do you? It's kind of ironic that it's the LoA members who seem to have more patience, acceptance, and tolerance of other people's views as the relative number of reports coming from us isn't that high.

Since this is about me it's the only thing I'll reply on.

GM-Loki Wrote:No offense but being spineless cowards calling people names and stuff behind their back is pretty pathetic on certain players parts anyways. So personally your words hold no grounds with me, since said players can't even act like adults.

I said players, which means more than one player, I was not pinpointing just Jason, I know there's other people who do it, my whole point here was towards all that do it. People would probably not have as much crap on their plate if they leveled the ground with those they hate.

Let's say there's a player a & player b:

player a starts having issues with player b and wants to slander them because they hate how they act; however, instead what player a does is tells player b flat out that they don't like them and probably won't because of how they act. Player a never resorted to name calling/rule breaking/etc..

Now if player b started causing trouble for player a after the playing field was leveled then they are more than welcome to report player b and let the gms handle it. Taking things into your own hands and skating the line of the rules as a player only runs the risk of getting yourself in trouble as well. No offense you're falling into the traps laid for you.

Maybe I think differently than most, but I would rather people not seal their own graves by doing/saying something stupid. After all we're here to enjoy a game that is being given for free which normally costs at the expense of a giving person's free time (This is in the case of any server unless they're in it just for the money Icon_mad ). Sorry if you all misunderstood the concept of my post, but to re-iterate, it wasn't just towards ONE particular player otherwise I would have said their name. So please don't put words in my mouth or assume.

[Image: Loki-Sig_zpsd461cd88.gif]
03-08-2008 11:47 PM
thaibabylao Offline

well as for me ive never really had no problems with no one, no drama, no jail time, no bans, all i do is mind my business all day and do my own thing, helping players, guildies is all i really spend most of my time doing, giving away weapons, armors, equips, gears, zenny to new players, guildies,. friends. always helping and always helpful. all i do is try my best to be a great player.
03-09-2008 01:52 AM
n3xus Offline

Wow so many views and responses!

@teox

teOx Wrote:trying to look objectively, the guild leader of the biggest guild saying racist things on guild chat isnt really in private imo. i know you cant approve of that machi, how many people hear it? how many people in your guild are young players, being exposed to racist comments?

Do I approve of racism? Nah, you're right I don't. I lived in the "dirty south" for a couple of years and, unless u've had bad experiences with it, I doubt you can comprehend how bad it can get down there. I have so many different examples of my time there. The only one I'll mention is that one high school, for the first time ever, had an interracial prom. Yes that's right. They actually had 3 proms. One for "whites", one for "blacks" and one for the whole school. There is no way I will tolerate any hate CRIME. I will tolerate freedom of speech as much as I can. However, I do believe that guild chat should be considered private. Most of the new people I personally invited to the guild, I specifically warned them about guild chat and certain attitudes. Guess what? Almost all of them said "ok fine with me." That is all I will allow myself to do. I will give them the option of joining or not and tell them information they need to know. If they ask about other guilds, I give objective statements. I don't specifically trash other guilds like other people do. To me, they chose to play on heRO. Then they chose to come in despite my warnings. That's as far as I will go in terms of parenting someone. I won't take all of a teen's autonomy away from him/her.

@azure

Thanks for your honest and well-said post. In no way did I ever feel u were attacking at all. With that said...

azurerogue Wrote:I don't think you can complain about censorship in a privately run game, on a privately owned server, run by an individual who pays out of pocket to keep the game going. This isn't the public domain, and you are not entitled to freedom of speech.

I thought I could? The GMs usually try to say that we are allowed to complain and voice our opinions over and over again. There's even a whining and suggestions section in the forums for it. Despite the fact that some players feel they can't speak out in fear, GMs encourage the player base to do so. I just thought I would on censorship.

azurerogue Wrote:I would maintain, however, that if you think about doing or saying something public that could get banned, then perhaps you should restrain yourself from saying it at all. I know this is far too idealistic to happen, but I'm a huge optimist. Sorry.

I wish your ideals would be passed to more people. And I agree about the whole public chat thing. But too much restraint is not a good idea too. Gotta let off steam somehow. Guild chat, guild forums, i think these are places where stuff like that should be allowed.

GM-Ayu Wrote:There's no other way to decide with just urbandictionary alone, especially when it comes to someone's intention. The only way that we GMs can think of at that time is to check the logs relevant to the time of the event.

We thought about the "privacy" matter, but if nothing wrong was committed, it will clear their name of all accusations.

Perfectly acceptable. Warrants are used for search and seizure all the time. Thank you for admitting this. But how do we know that our chats don't get monitored more often? Trust? Some of us are fine with that. Some will never be.

ShadesOfBlue Wrote:checking guild chats isnt anything new .. Ben used to pop in OoC's chat from time to time and he hasnt been here in ages.

Oh man I forgot about that lol.

Kyouhei Wrote:We make fun of each others race or ethnicity plenty of times as a joke in guild chat. Its pretty obvious to tell if one is joking or not if they were actually reading the guild chat while the joke was being made. Reading off a little log...you just cant take circumstances of the actual chat along with it...I can assure you that none of my guildies would ever actually diss each others race seriously.

Kyouhei is right. If you're in our guild, you'll see us talk smack about each other all the time. If you're in our hunting party, oh man you'll REALLY see how often we think each person's failing their part. An hour later, we're fishing together. As I tell some of the new people in our guild, it's gonna take some time to understand loa's general sense of humor. If the only pieces that are taken are the smack talking, of course it's going to look real bad.

Culex Wrote:You just had to put my name in your thread, hm machi?

You're name was brought in as an example, nothing more nothing less. The rest of your post doesn't seem to address the point I was trying to make in the section u quoted. Just like the starburst example, what does a player's name have to do with a player's action in terms of inappropriate name and character deletion?

Culex Wrote:I'm not saying that I'm perfect, some personal arguments did happen between us. These were kept private and I didn't show them off.

What Kiki was saying was that you aren't completely guilt-free. There are times you sit in prontera talking smack about loa members in french. Do we report these? No, don't really care to. We tolerate it. You also said publicly on main how loa ruined certain events. I was there for one of them so I'll speak to that. U yourself admitted to me that u made the mistake and ended up provoking loa members. Your mistake instigated problems and yet you blamed loa for ruining an event. Just 2 examples. Please don't make it look like you are guilt-free in this.

ShadesOfBlue Wrote:If you give up your password and your stuff gets ganked or your character gets deleted it isnt the gm's fault. You took that responsibility when you decided to make your sole private account a communal one.

I wholeheartedly agree. However, buddha's hp was partially hacked. The only thing I could think of to make it right is to have a partial item restore as well as levels since the GMs weren't able to change the password in time.

GM-Loki Wrote:I said players, which means more than one player, I was not pinpointing just Jason, I know there's other people who do it, my whole point here was towards all that do it. People would probably not have as much crap on their plate if they leveled the ground with those they hate.

I see now GM-Loki. Yes that was my mistake. I didn't know u generalized it and didn't aim it specifically at Jason. Sorry. But people will feel the need to talk crap about each other at one point. Will this person that vents out in anger "privately" now be labeled as a coward? If person A prefers to just keep it inside and not talk about it in public to keep the status quo, that should be a personal choice for them. I (and it sounds like azure too) seem to prefer this method of keeping things civil. But people need to vent eventually and if it's done in private, person A is suddenly a coward? Just because a person chooses to do one thing differently does not automatically label them a coward. In fact, if I were to play out your scenario in the work place slandering my co-worker in public, it could get me fired XD. That's why I would rather keep it civil in a public setting and vent to the appropirate people in private. Thoughts like being labeled as a "coward" doesn't seem to have much objectivity in it and one of a GM's job is to maintain objectivity at ALL times. If I know the GM sees me as a coward, it's a bit harder to bring up issues. Loki, I am not saying you're not objective. Quite the contrary, everyone is equally pissed at your quests! All I'm saying in this one particular time, u slipped.

[Image: asdfnx.jpg]
03-09-2008 02:16 AM
Loki Offline
Posting Freak

n3xus Wrote:I see now GM-Loki. Yes that was my mistake. I didn't know u generalized it and didn't aim it specifically at Jason. Sorry. But people will feel the need to talk crap about each other at one point. Will this person that vents out in anger "privately" now be labeled as a coward? If person A prefers to just keep it inside and not talk about it in public to keep the status quo, that should be a personal choice for them. I (and it sounds like azure too) seem to prefer this method of keeping things civil. But people need to vent eventually and if it's done in private, person A is suddenly a coward? Just because a person chooses to do one thing differently does not automatically label them a coward. In fact, if I were to play out your scenario in the work place slandering my co-worker in public, it could get me fired XD. That's why I would rather keep it civil in a public setting and vent to the appropirate people in private. Thoughts like being labeled as a "coward" doesn't seem to have much objectivity in it and one of a GM's job is to maintain objectivity at ALL times. If I know the GM sees me as a coward, it's a bit harder to bring up issues. Loki, I am not saying you're not objective. Quite the contrary, everyone is equally pissed at your quests! All I'm saying in this one particular time, u slipped.

Please note the bold word, my reply stated that you could tell them you dislike them without the use of slandering them. One thing people fail to realize is that nowhere in game is private.

I guess to further my example would be like this (using your work as example):

Your work = in game.
Your house = private.

Work hardly has any aspect of what you say at your house. Therefore if you say something out of game it hardly has any aspect in game, but the second you choose to bring the issues to where you break in game rules because of it then why bother? Personally I'd rather not get in trouble at all, but I'd rather get in trouble for doing it myself than having a co-worker or another player be my downfall.

If that's not clear enough, I guess I would rather get in trouble by telling the person I have issues with myself instead of having them hear it through another person. Less conflicts usually happen that way.

Even as a GM I am allowed my opinion. However, in my final note, whether I believe someone is acting cowardly or not doesn't mean that I will help them any less or turn them away because of issues they are having. That's not what I do.

Anyways have a good day/evening.

03-09-2008 02:34 AM
ShadesOfBlue Offline
Order of Chaos

well the password thing i agree with .. someone should take those duties away from auron since he cant/isnt willing or doesnt have the time to do that.

[Image: obama_supporters.jpg]
03-09-2008 03:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Loki Offline
Posting Freak

there's been a change in those regards Ok

03-09-2008 03:07 AM
Wired Offline
Banned

B< Info about my ban.
03-09-2008 03:07 AM
Culex Offline
Cucu / Lolibug o_o

Quote:What Kiki was saying was that you aren't completely guilt-free. There are times you sit in prontera talking smack about loa members in french. Do we report these? No, don't really care to. We tolerate it. You also said publicly on main how loa ruined certain events. I was there for one of them so I'll speak to that. U yourself admitted to me that u made the mistake and ended up provoking loa members. Your mistake instigated problems and yet you blamed loa for ruining an event. Just 2 examples. Please don't make it look like you are guilt-free in this.
Jason couldn't overcome his ego in that situation and did ruin the event by killing one of the participant. Put it in whatever way you want, you can't put the blame on me with that one. I did made a mistake by killing him thinking it was someone else but that doesn't give him the right as a spectator to kill one of the participant and spoil it all.

For the French thing I don't exactly recall. But usually what I say about loa are facts, not bullshitting. If, for example, Jason and his friends come over and ruins our MvP party by luring mobs around, forcing the MvP to tele around and such. Yeah. I'm gonna go talk about it in town with my friends and say that they have no respect toward the other players, that's how it goes o_o (And yes that too happened, sadly it couldn't be reported because it's technically "legal". Still it's details and cheap trick like this that makes us holding grudge agaisn't you guys).

I'll keep the rest of my comments for myself Icon_wink 'night

[Image: sig2vr9.gif]

vote vote vote VOTE!! 0_0

Top100 - Top200
03-09-2008 03:08 AM
Thread Closed