Poll: what's the best build/weapon for a rogue/stalker?
bow
dagger
sword
caster
reset depending on situation
i don't care
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
what's the best build for rogues/stalkers?
Split Ends Offline
o(≧▽≦)o

RE: what's the best build for rogues/stalkers?

@namine. with just 19k atm, im sure you're right xD

hmm. ds spam, yes, kill efficiently no, well as a rogue imo, it's better to grind and kill 10 weaker monsters than killing a single monster which gives almost the same exp, as for the loots, well, if you can afford the anti fire set and go to thor, im sure you can surely afford to buy from people the things you need from thor, just my opinion Icon_biggrin

BREAD is RAW TOAST

[Image: 375d8dddd0e9143a2869cda6fd81b2d2.jpg]

UST-AMV CoA student... survivor
07-15-2010 05:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

The thing is Petites don't have a lot of health, they got like 6.5k most?
Earth Petite with +7 VVS Fire Dama hits for about 600-700 damage with my current gearing. With Sky Petites and a +7 VVS Earth Dama its maybe about 700-800 I think, its been awhile since I've been there. You shouldn't miss hitting with attacks if you use Thief Rings with 90+ base str at Sky Petites.

I will check my damage later with Double Dragoon Dragon Killer.
Either way once you have the ele weps you are probably good to go at killing those dragons no problem should you want to.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
07-15-2010 05:47 PM
Split Ends Offline
o(≧▽≦)o

no no, im talking about deleters Icon_biggrin well petites wont be a problem xcept for the "i cant hit them" thing xD hate that high flee xD

BREAD is RAW TOAST

07-15-2010 06:10 PM
Irxallis Offline
Adventuring Archivist

Namine Wrote:Personally, I think dragon killers are essentially useless.
I disagree with you.

1) If you happen to go to Abyss party, you want a Double Dragoon Dragon Killer - weapon switching would require too much attention (we've been there and done that >.>) and you can do nothing sensible against golden acidus (VVVS damascus ftw?). Dragon Killer is a good weapon for that location. This weapon combined with Aspersio and plagiarised trifecta allowed T to down a Hydro (so we managed to outdamage those 9999 heals, though it wasn't the fastest Hydro killing ^^;). Not to mention it is good to pierce the OMGinsane defence of Dragon Eggs.

2) If you go to Nidhoggur1, Dracos are Earth1 only. Dragon Killer way outdamages VVS fire damascus. You could even get Fire Endow on this weapon, which makes it useful against anything there except Rata and Ancient Tree - and most enemies you meet on lv1 are Dracos and Draco Eggs. You can leave everything else to other partymates and become The Draco Killer...
...assuming you have a Soul Link, of course <frustration>.

Granted, I agree that dragon killers may not be cost-efficient in a soloing situation but I definitely want that weapon in several spots. It is like an Ice Pick - +7 directed mes is superior to it in most PvM spots but there are some spots it just shines.

Dragon Killer being useless would be like saying that weeder knife is useless - and then you go meet an Ancient Tree or get a fire endow and massacre mavkas. A situational weapon. Not something I would invest in before getting +6-7 VVS ele / VVVS ranker damasci, but something T wants in her collection.

IGN: Irxallis, 99 FS High Priest (DEX>INT>VIT)
Timezone: GMT+1 (server time +6)
Guild: -
Availability: on demand only

BG equipment = best PvM (demi-human) equipment to achieve only in PvP. Thus, on hiatus, unless you need us.
07-16-2010 02:30 AM
Split Ends Offline
o(≧▽≦)o

well i got the damas. but just to safe upgrade. so maybe if i can win the auction, ill go for the elem sword, if not, i guess ill make that dragon killer Icon_biggrin

and i thought only champs can kill hydro :O

BREAD is RAW TOAST

07-16-2010 05:11 AM
Irxallis Offline
Adventuring Archivist

Split Ends Wrote:and i thought only champs can kill hydro :O
Solo, perhaps. With priest support? I guess 1 SW priest + 1 DSing hunter with proper gear (not even a sniper) should be enough if there are no mistakes (assuming a hunter can deal more than 9999 damage in 5 seconds). I don't think Hydro is much of a challenge if you have a SW support, to be honest. Just let someone hold a Hydro and a mob in a SW and others should smack it to death.

Hydro is problematic because when it drops below 30% HP if has:
- PowerUp (nullified by a SW spam)
- 9999 heal every 5 sec (nullified by, well, outdamaging).

If you can deal with both issues above, it is dead.

---

Now, if I may offer you an advice (which you accept or reject)... do not start from collecting 'gimmick' weapons (elemental sword, dragon killer). Those are VERY directed (one enemy only, one location only) and usually VERY expensive / unflexible. That is, unless you know exactly what you are doing. An exception is the Exorciser - there are really lots of demons out there and some have very high def which will be a problem for any auto-attack rogue.

You can get your trans level on VVS ele damasci. If you are auto-attack, consider VVVS weapon as well - 50 (ranker) damage guaranteed on miss and regardless of def can be very useful (especially if your STR is not very high). Think of an Exorciser too.

As a stalker you can switch to mes[3] type of weapons. Those are abundant (nameless drop), ~150~350k ea and you can easily get them to +7. I would start from 3* SPC cards (which synergise with Aspersio neatly) and 3 hydra cards (Rachel, anyone?). Trust me, there WILL be times when you prefer VVS ele damasci+7 over a triple XXX mes+7. You want those damasci as high as possible.

Only if you have those I would go after Dragon Killer (unless you catch one in Pront for 500-750k) because there are no dragons you can solo in a cost-effective way. Maybe Weeder Knife too, if you get a fire endow mavkas will die a horrible death. Basically, evaluate ANY armour piercing weapon (dagger or sword) and think where can you use it. Armour piercing weapons are your best friends.

Elemental Sword... I have no opinion on that weapon, never looked into it.

On the other hand I am a high priest who supports a stalker. T hasn't really soloed her char, we usually duoed or partied a lot. This means I look at this class from the party point of view, not solo point of view.

IGN: Irxallis, 99 FS High Priest (DEX>INT>VIT)
Timezone: GMT+1 (server time +6)
Guild: -
Availability: on demand only

BG equipment = best PvM (demi-human) equipment to achieve only in PvP. Thus, on hiatus, unless you need us.
07-16-2010 06:23 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE:??what's the best build for rogues/stalkers?

Sakurato Wrote:Are you looking to farm or to level? if you want to lvl, BB Dagger/Bow rogue levels fast at tamruans.

If you are farming for money I can't help you there??:<. I??use my sinx for that.

Hehe, wasn't I the one who really pushed you to do that with your rogue?
And yes, Tamruans are epic, and one of the best places with plagirize, the only way you lose the skill is by running into Tanee and be Arrow Repelled. xD

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
07-16-2010 06:46 AM
Split Ends Offline
o(≧▽≦)o

hmm. i have been thinking and just got an epiphany, elemental sword isnt good (aspd wise) for rogues even with chick hat, i forgot that what makes my aspd = to a daggers is because of the thin blade's special effect, so now im discarding the idea about the elem sword

i got the dama collection, so now im thinking of a place where it is good to grind a rogue at (solo), DoH, how can i forget about the exorciser... tnx for your suggestion *finds an exorciser seller*

BREAD is RAW TOAST

07-16-2010 06:48 AM
Psithief Offline

I demand more talk about bow stalkers. DEMAND!

I used to play here a long time ago.
07-16-2010 07:42 AM
Split Ends Offline
o(≧▽≦)o

create a thread about it then Icon_biggrin im really interested in that topic tooIcon_biggrin

BREAD is RAW TOAST

07-16-2010 08:00 AM