Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where'd you get your name?
Salvosa Offline
Spirit of Salvosa

RE: Where'd you get your name?

Holy fork, this thread dates back to 2005!!!

Salvosa is a compilation of two parts. One being a play on a word that means wind and Vos which means wolf. I liked how it sounds like a play on the word salvation all together, since one of my main interests in all RPGs is to play a class that protects. This is why I'm a knight. Well, I thought my knight would be able to protect people with her huge HPs, but then I learned that knights were better suited for annihalating things. This is why I'm now making a sac Crusader.

Zeekar is my spiritual name.

Reylia is the name I gave my feminine side, (I'm secure enough in my masculinity to admit it).

Any other names I choose are just randomly created out of my mind. I happen to be very good at coming up with names.

Trivia:

The first pen-name I've ever had was Vinosec911. For some reason it never occurred to me to make a good name for myself until people started calling me "vino" instead of the name I wanted them to call me.

Vinosec is a word from the opening theme in Final Fantasy 8. Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec. I've yet to figure out what language that is or what it means.

The name I took on after that was Zeig, which is from the game Legend of Dragoon. In role-play I took on the name Zeshin as an alternate personality. I took this name from a website with Japanese baby names. I just happened to like names that started with Z.

After that I found out my spiritual name was Zeekar, at which point it made sense to me why I always adopted Z names. It was a day of great revelation for me, and I've predominantly gone by Zeek or Zeekar ever since then.

That's all I have to say about that.

~~
Rysie - 82/50/High Priest

Reyli - The blue haired girl - 81/50/Baby Alchemist
Razhak - 51/Amistr
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2007 12:49 AM by Salvosa.)
07-08-2007 12:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lis and Olo Offline
Valkyrie's Messenger

Well if Salvosa posted, I suppose I will too.

When I first started using the internet a while back, I used the name Jewel, or Bijou. I liked the meaning of it, and because I had recently seen the show "Hamtaro"..Well. Yeah. Rather embarassing, eh?

After having people assume me liking the music artist Jewel, I decided to change my name..Though, I couldn't really think of one this time. So, I meditated on it, and eventually I found that I had two spiritual names.

Sable and Kamon.

I suppose they're nearly a yin yang deal for my personality. Sable being moreso of the 'reckless' side, and Kamon being more youthful, cute, ect..Just feminine. So, I decided to incorporate them into my characters, Kamon being the more common one, obviously. It's ironic though, because most people mistake my name for being a male one; usually because of it somehow being a japanese boy name, of some sort..Sweat

And I also have used the name Livasi. It was first used to pair with the name Salvosa, (Those two created by our own little language we made together), but I had began to really like my 'true' name, so it hasn't really been used much since. If I ever make a Professor, or Soul Linker, I'd name her that. The rest of my characters, Hazel, Noue, and others, they've all just been random splurges of my creativity.

Yay for big posts! No1
07-08-2007 10:03 AM
Salvosa Offline
Spirit of Salvosa

You call that a big post? You make me laugh.

ha.

Waha-Waha!

Muahahahahaha!

<3

~~
Rysie - 82/50/High Priest

Reyli - The blue haired girl - 81/50/Baby Alchemist
Razhak - 51/Amistr
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2007 01:35 PM by Salvosa.)
07-08-2007 01:34 PM
Yamaha Offline
Bring it on

Yamaha YZF-R1
http://wallpapers.dpics.org/wallpapers/2...C_2004.jpg

AND

Suzuki Hayabusa GSX-1300-R
http://wallpapers.dpics.org/wallpapers/2...s_Bike.jpg

Yamaha -=- Need For Speed
-= The Rekinjustu Way =-

Hayabusa -=- Xplod
-= Triple X =-
07-08-2007 07:10 PM
ShadesOfBlue Offline
Order of Chaos

Tell the truth Yamaha. You told me you like to name yourself after farm tractors.Joy told you she wasnt gonna date no farm boy and since you didnt wanna have to restart your characters you had to come up with something fast to make yourself look cool.

[Image: obama_supporters.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2007 07:36 PM by ShadesOfBlue.)
07-08-2007 07:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Yamaha Offline
Bring it on

*stfu anak, don't tell ppl my secrets....*
*long break*
*and i could be Clark Kent, you know??* o.O

Yamaha -=- Need For Speed
-= The Rekinjustu Way =-

Hayabusa -=- Xplod
-= Triple X =-
07-08-2007 11:05 PM
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

there there. there is nothing wrong with taking your names from farm tractors. but i doubt Clark Kent is named after a farm tractor Laugh

i thought you just got the name off a musical instrument you happen to play Laugh.

When someone calls you a lunatic and the first thing that came to mind is a cute, fluffy, white bunny, you know you've played too much RO.

Welcome to our world.
07-09-2007 04:03 AM
poeticwings Away
PAGDAYAW !!

Honestly, the first time I saw Yamaha, I couldn't resist saying, "Yamaha the piano or motorcycle?

My name? I made a web template for my ex. It was a colorful abstract bird with one of my poems on it about "the wind beneath my wings". So that's where I got my name from. o_O

Rinato High Priest L99/70
Index Sniper L99/70
Peppermint Gypsy L99/69
The Pianist Assassin Cross L98/68
sharp Baby Hunter L99/50
Harmonia Soul Linker L91/50

The Penguin Squad Guild L9
07-09-2007 11:59 AM
Tenshi Offline
•(The KutleRY)•

poeticwings Wrote:I made a web template for my ex.

/swt

T_T

[Image: 180da8wb2.gif]

I am the stone that the builder refused
Amicule, deliciae, num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
07-09-2007 12:23 PM
Sephiroth! Offline
One Winged Angel

RE:??Where'd you get your name?

poeticwings Wrote:Honestly, the first time I saw Yamaha, I couldn't resist saying, "Yamaha the piano or motorcycle?

My name? I made a web template for my ex. It was a colorful abstract bird with one of my poems on it about "the wind beneath my wings". So that's where I got my name from. o_O

Wow, where is a Yamaha piano?
07-09-2007 07:42 PM