Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Brewing made easy! (Keyboard friendly)
Ardney Wolf Offline
Eccentric Old Guy

RE:??Brewing made easy! (Keyboard friendly)

Going to address this 1st.
Magazine Wrote:I feel the example of just handing out cards is very weak. Time is spent gather the materials for brewing, what you're jokingly suggesting is much quicker than what my brewing idea would imply. You're saying that an NPC just give the card. My idea doesn't just give out the potions, ADs, etc. You need the materials.
Structuring an NPC to automatically and instantly convert all materials onhand to potions does "just give out the potions" because instead of spending 2 hours (or w/e) collecting mats and 1 hour brewing them, you can now spend 2 hours collecting, 1 minute brewing/storing, then another hour collecting mats. Do you see how the overall yield is dramatically changed in the latter example? That's what I was driving at.

Now, if you're suggesting crafting an NPC that will run through the actions at roughly the same rate as normal repeat clicking minus only the act of clicking itself (as your most recent post suggests/clarifies), then the foregoing concern is rendered moot. I do believe any functionality like this is better left server side though as the temptation for other automated activities (read:botting) is too great with client-side apps.

Ardney - 99/70 Paladin
Objection!
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2010 05:53 PM by Ardney Wolf.)
04-09-2010 05:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

Ardney Wolf Wrote:IMO, you can't separate the act of clicking/scrolling from what's being done in game as those actions take a set amount of time.

Wut. I dunno about you, but I don't have the skillz to click my mouse at 182 aspd vs 190 aspd. I click it as fast as my hands lets me, and let the game limit how many times I do whatever action.

Magazine Wrote:My suggestion: Just click on the chatbubble and fish/mine without confirmation every single time.

-----

Think of our hardware.

Turbo-fire mouse clicker, which you also suggested in the other thread. Or hell, auto-fire.

-----

The hardware issue is why I'm separating physical effort from ingame action, Ardney.

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2010 05:58 PM by Ultima_Pi.)
04-09-2010 05:57 PM
Magazine Offline
Did somebody say Osiris?

RE: Brewing made easy! (Keyboard friendly)

I understand the change and I see no problem with it. I don't understand why I should be wasting time and physical energy brewing like that. I'm open to an NPC letting us cast a pharmacy skill to brew it all in a timely manner.

I agree, this should be server-side and not something you download and use. heRO should have full control over this program.

My main concern is simply this: I'm a Creator. I've been reborn and took the path of the alchemy twice. I'm unable to make more than one item at once? It doesn't make much sense to me.

But that's irrelevant. My point remains.

Ultima_Pi Wrote:
Magazine Wrote:My suggestion: Just click on the chatbubble and fish/mine without confirmation every single time.

-----

Think of our hardware.

Turbo-fire mouse clicker, which you also suggested in the other thread. Or hell, auto-fire.

If using an auto-fire mouse is within the rules, then yes my statement does seem weaker. But the fact that a mouse such as that even needs to be used...

[Image: heRO-Userbar.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2010 06:04 PM by Magazine.)
04-09-2010 05:59 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

No offense, but...

More importantly: are any of my ideas going to be implemented?

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
04-11-2010 03:12 AM
Bloodbane Away
¤†Hero of old times†¤

RE: ??Brewing made easy! (Keyboard friendly)

Ultima_Pi Wrote:
azurerogue Wrote:Only if we introduce a system where I can fish all my bait at once and get results, or mine all my picks at once.??

Also, I'd like to be able to just push the Acid Demonstration/Double Strafe button and throw a bunch at once to kill those MVPs.??I mean, the alternative is pushing it multiple times which is a pain.

I was going to post a variation of this in the other thread, but I couldn't think of enough examples. I guess maybe I put too much effort into moving my mouse with my brain.

Thanks <3

Jen, you cant Ds dance?
:o?

Never forget the old days.
[Image: screenheRO-Server124-1.jpg]

-~Proud husband, father, and the luckiest guy in the world.~-

Steam Profile
Youtube
04-11-2010 08:20 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

You guys realize in most newer MMO's crafting is handled much more quickly than it is in RO? Its usually handled in batches of some large quantity. Even further still its usually done through an npc.

I think its retarded to click spam to brew, a brewing creator for the guild should not spend literally HOURS brewing for his whole guild but simple minutes really.

Fishing/mining should be modified to begin with to not even let you mass collect thousands of fish with 2k bait or whatever we do. It should be you play a little game of clicking answers and stuff and only able to do it so many times a day. You then get a large batch of fish (probably 100-200 most) after you're done with the little mini game. Make it account based so as to prevent thousands of fish being gotten everyday. Hell even official RO just has you click the fishing spot and it has a timer over your head when you'll get the little fish/item thing from the pools over in New World and Splendide.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
04-11-2010 09:45 AM
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

azurerogue Wrote:No offense, but...

More importantly: are any of my ideas going to be implemented?

No Evil
Sorry had to say it XD

Some Big Sill Wrote:You guys realize in most newer MMO's crafting is handled much more quickly than it is in RO? Its usually handled in batches of some large quantity. Even further still its usually done through an npc.

I think its retarded to click spam to brew, a brewing creator for the guild should not spend literally HOURS brewing for his whole guild but simple minutes really.

Fishing/mining should be modified to begin with to not even let you mass collect thousands of fish with 2k bait or whatever we do. It should be you play a little game of clicking answers and stuff and only able to do it so many times a day. You then get a large batch of fish (probably 100-200 most) after you're done with the little mini game. Make it account based so as to prevent thousands of fish being gotten everyday. Hell even official RO just has you click the fishing spot and it has a timer over your head when you'll get the little fish/item thing from the pools over in New World and Splendide.

I'm glad you understand my pain XD

I'd be cool with them just using official system for fishing and mining really :x I actually liked finding all the little mining spots on another server while trying to not die in Manuk.

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
04-11-2010 04:12 PM
Matsu Away
King of Aesthetic

Put in your ingredients for 1000 Slim whites. After a week its done, and you get like 750 back of em. And you can use em. * only once allowed per 4 weeks. *

That would be balanced ;P
04-11-2010 07:36 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Aaronock Wrote:You guys realize in most newer MMO's crafting is handled much more quickly than it is in RO???Its usually handled in batches of some large quantity.??Even further still its usually done through an npc.

Most newer MMO's don't exponentially increase the amount of experience required to level at later levels, either though. Maybe we should request that the exp tables be edited to be more in line with newer games. OR we could all realize that we have chosen to play an almost decade-old game and that some features will reflect that.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
04-11-2010 10:46 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

But if it is in our power to make that decade old game more fun to play within reasonable bounds, why the hell don't we do it?

We're a private server after all! \o/
w00t we can play the official vs. customs argument here for awhile, which one wins this time here at heRO?

*knows it won't be her's probably this round*

Edit: Serious answer, its obvious Gravity can program it to do more than 1 at a time, they just absolutely refused to do it with the twilights for some god forsaken reason. If it was actually doable to reprogram the way twilights work why are alchemists/creators on this board so against it? I'm serious give me a real reason why you prefer the click spam over the easier method?

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2010 10:54 PM by Aaronock.)
04-11-2010 10:52 PM