Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
NaNoWriMo Anyone?
Mochi Offline

RE:??NaNoWriMo Anyone?

Idiom Wrote:simply because my editing tendencies are so overbearing. I would like to say that I am a fantastic editor and have quite the astute eye

"It seems that perfection is attained not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to remove." ~ Antoine de Saint Exup?ry
10-24-2010 11:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DramasticStar Offline
Swoosh!

RE:??NaNoWriMo Anyone?

Idiom Wrote:I'm guilty of many problems that i would imagine NaNoWriMo tries to fix. I haven't gotten past a single paragraph (literally) in any story I've felt strongly about writing, simply because my editing tendencies are so overbearing. I would like to say that I am a fantastic editor and have quite the astute eye, but when it comes down to actually writing, myself, it can be such a burden, because I can immediately see issues as they crop up and every 3 steps forward are proceeded by 2.9 steps back.
They tell people to turn off their spelling and grammar corrector thing when writing. Icon_razz It also helps if you just write thinking ahead and not of words already written. If your goal is to only write 50k and no more...consider writing your 1667 words for the day and then spend the rest of your time for that day editing. jsut make sure by the time your done with your editing...you didn't remove one too many words to drop your word count.

It would be a shame to think you had 50k and only have 49,800 or something like that.

~Anic~
10-24-2010 11:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Arash Offline

RE: NaNoWriMo Anyone?

I'm so happy that I found a Nano thread here too. This is my first Nano year, and I'm super excited. I collected a bunch of writing buddies there as well as a mentor so I hope I'll make it.
Seriously, 1667 per day is no more than 30 minutes of writing at noon plus another 30 min at evening, not much.
Do you guys use the same username there? Maybe we could keep in touch during Nano. Unfortunately, I chose to join heRO right before November. I can tell my poor Bard will wait till post Nano season. Cry

Arash - Pre-Bard
10-25-2010 03:49 AM
DramasticStar Offline
Swoosh!

My username is the same, yes.

http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/node/3756899

Here is a topic for anyone wishing to find each other. It's located in the Virtual Worlds section of the NaNo forums.

~Anic~
10-25-2010 05:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

I use the same user name there as well.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
10-25-2010 08:40 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Hmmm...I need something really fun to do and keep me preoccupied.
I could enter, though what to write on...jeez I have a ton of ideas already flowing in my head.

I'll sign up and let you guys know my username in a bit.
Edit: Username is Aarolei

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2010 11:50 AM by Aaronock.)
10-25-2010 11:45 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Double post!
How is everyone who entered doing so far?
I'm nearly at 3500 words. I should easily be near 5k today. I'm really starting to have a bit of fun with this, getting excited over what I will have my main character do next.

11-03-2010 06:05 PM
Crazylor Offline
For the Homies...

50,000 words would take you about a week or less if you focused and continued writing and had a good idea of what you were doing. I've had a friend that did it in 4 days just because he focused, it's not as hard as you think.
11-03-2010 07:16 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I think that's the idea, but for some of us who have a hard time focusing, or don't have a lot of time due to other real life constraints now are told "just do it." For some of us, being given such a crazy goal is what makes it possible for us to actually try. :D

11-03-2010 07:45 PM
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

I registered and I'll post my username in a bit. No idea what I'll write on. And don't expect excerpts or such as I go. I'm not comfortable with sharing my writing atm.

I'm MatrimsDice.
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2010 12:34 AM by Matrim Cauthon Jr.)
11-03-2010 11:20 PM