Poll: Should Costume Items be usable in GVG/BG/WoE?
This poll is closed.
Yes 16.67% 4 16.67%
No (Please Explain) 33.33% 8 33.33%
I have no opinion 29.17% 7 29.17%
I don't GVG, BG, or WoE 20.83% 5 20.83%
Total 24 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Costume Gears: Usable or Unusable in GVG areas?
hachigatsu30 Offline
Cheers!

I still didn't say yes, I swear...

Confusions = challenge, no? Whether it's good or bad is just opinions.

If you've seen my previous signatures, then you'd probably already know who I am.
06-13-2017 11:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

RE: Costume Gears: Usable or Unusable in GVG areas?

Absolutely no. Confusion is annoying/pissing because you cant devise a proper contermeasure for what youre facing.

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
06-13-2017 12:15 PM
hachigatsu30 Offline
Cheers!

Just trying to see from the other point of view, really...

That's the challenge. It may not benefit those who are already well-geared and/or experienced in PVP/GVG events, but it helps the less privileged get even, to some extent.

If you've seen my previous signatures, then you'd probably already know who I am.
06-13-2017 12:25 PM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

Its not a challenge the player can overcome, thats the point.

Imagine a mvp that casts at random each status ailment at random times: its very confusionary and chaotic. How a player can face this situation? By getting immunity to ALL the status ailments.
If there was a challenge before, right after the full immunity there will be no more challenge.

INSTEAD, if you plan properly that MVP to do: between 100% and 75% hp casts this, between 75% and 50% cast that, between 50% and 25% cast those and under 25% cast them, and give this information to the players, you doesnt need to become a full immunity to ailments god, but you'll swap gears accordingly.
And this, its a challenge.

Of course you can still become full immune to anything, but thats kinda endgame, like the ultrahigh asura hits.

Or a fight thats so confusionary and powerful that forcingly reduce the viable strategies to only one (see Nyd and Asura).
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2017 01:56 PM by The Roger.)
06-13-2017 01:50 PM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

Another example:
WOE is confusionary, when the numbers are high.
BG is challenging, when the numbers are low.

Why in WOE the guilds try to rush with tons of people the other defending guild? To flood them with so many different skills, of so many different elements, spammed so thightly one onto the other, that the assaulted (hopefully for the attackers) cant put proper countermeasures to them.
The attackers wants to lay this kind of confusion on the defenders: because you cant play around/against it for longer.

BG instead is more: study your enemy and react properly to it, because the numbers in play are way lower. I think you can see the point without any further explanations Icon_smile (this if i was able to explain sufficiently clearly<3)

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

06-13-2017 01:56 PM
hachigatsu30 Offline
Cheers!

You can't change votes, can you?

Could always do the lesser known thing called "learning by doing." You fail to kill a certain player, you assume they have something under their sleeves, you try a different strategy. You fail again, you assume they have something else, you try another. I still call it a challenge...
Plus, there are some people who can't stop themselves from bragging about what they have lol

Also, MVPs are scripted. Players aren't. If an MVP is scripted to cast random status ailments at random times, maybe that certain MVP isn't meant to be killed by someone without Ring of GM Powers. Also, if the gears are equally good, there are certain classes that overpower other classes, and there are classes that overpower those certain classes (feel the grammatical correctness in this). Same goes for class builds.

What I get from your WoE explanations though, you're saying that even with costumes available people are still gonna rush in with all different classes with all different skills to confuse the defender? Then why disable costumes?

06-13-2017 08:10 PM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

Im saying that even in woe with large numbers, there are moment with low numbers and low value of "confusion".

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

06-14-2017 04:04 AM
hachigatsu30 Offline
Cheers!

I swear people are gonna think I voted yes...

(06-14-2017 04:04 AM)The Roger Wrote:  Im saying that even in woe with large numbers, there are moment with low numbers and low value of "confusion".

That being the keyword. Why disable something permanently when the opposite condition only happens "there are moment"-ly?

06-14-2017 07:22 AM
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

Both of you voted against costumes in GVG areas, so what are you two arguing about again?

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
06-14-2017 07:36 AM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

(06-14-2017 07:36 AM)GM-Ciar Wrote:  Both of you voted against costumes in GVG areas, so what are you two arguing about again?

LOL

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

06-14-2017 07:47 AM