Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Disabling ^_^
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: Disabling ^_^

Everything is obtainable in game. Wrapped Mask from the Hatter in case you're wondering. Bloody Branch from event, there is another way also but no one has discovered it yet.

Sure this can be a boost to a newcomer, I'm not saying otherwise, but nothing out-of-this-world, certainly not something that gives donators the edge over non-donators in PVP/WoE. In fact, if you look in the Donator list, most players with their names there don't event pvp/woe, they simply donated because they love the server and want to help.

Balance is one of our main concern on heRO. I think our donation system is very far from unbalanced, specially if you compare it to other servers who sell mvp cards, godly items or custom +10 stats gears.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
11-02-2007 02:54 PM
Find all posts by this user
Jack Skellington Offline
The Pumpkin King

RE:??Disabling ^_^

Bloody Wrote:You have a point there about the zeny, but you have to understand that not everyone is willing to buy OBBs, BBs, OPBs, WMs...etc.

OCAs are fast moving items, they sell so fast it isn't even funny... But there is no need to go as low as picking on the donation list itself. Pandora is not charging us to play, and she often pays for things to improve the stability of the server. If the donation pack was bad, players won't have an incentive to play. And let's face it... How many people are willing to donate purely out of their "love" for the server and not for the items/reward?
Besides those people who donate, sell the items, end up returning the zeny.

Let me describe you a small circle:

ABC donates $100, and earns 60mil zeny from selling the donation items.

ABC needs equips now, the basics:

Hydra - 3~4 x 4mil ea
Thara Frog - 1 x??8mil+ ea
Matyr OR Verit - 1 x 10+mil ea
AoA OR Ghost Bandan OR Evil Wings OR Angel Wings OR...etc - 1mil + ea
Glove[1] / Brooch[1] / Ring[1]...etc - 1mil to 4mil for a pair of slotted accessories
Pest / Rybio / Disguise - 2 to 10 mil ea
Elven ears - 15mil+ ea

That person ends up buying things from people, and the zeny ends up being pumped back into the community. Take a wild guess where most of those cards come out from? You got that right, OCAs.

The issue at hand is BBs, so let's think about BBs again:
- They spawn Angeling/Deviling/Ghostring/Arch Angeling sometimes.
- The party that spawns the MVP can't necessarly handle the spawned MVP.
- We are talking about 0.03% chance.

I hope you get the point, if you don't... Pity Icon_sad

We will never know as long as such donating items exist.

You also have to consider, you don't have to do anyhting ingame to earn that zeny, so pretty much you pumping in zeny without any work ingame.

That is being presumtious, cards can still be obtained the old fashioned way, earning them through farming monsters.

That itself also brings up a few more issues,
say for example, a champion gets a hold of a bunch of Bloody Branches, goves to a private DB room, and jsut spams fish as he asuras each MVP to death.??Doesnt that seem a little easier to farm bosses? Its not only boss cards you get from MVPs, there are also other items which in turn can be used to make more zeny to support farming more bosses obtained via donation which in itself increases chances to get boss cards those giving the privilaged power whereas people who don't have the same opprotunity are out of luck. 0.03% Chance still adds up when you have more monsters to kill, thus more opprotunity.

Now that is just being condescending.~

GM-Pandora Wrote:Everything is obtainable in game. Wrapped Mask from the Hatter in case you're wondering. Bloody Branch from event, there is another way also but no one has discovered it yet.
Sure this can be a boost to a newcomer, I'm not saying otherwise, but nothing out-of-this-world, certainly not something that gives donators the edge over non-donators in PVP/WoE. In fact, if you look in the Donator list, most players with their names there don't event pvp/woe, they simply donated because they love the server and want to help.

Balance is one of our main concern on heRO. I think our donation system is very far from unbalanced, specially if you compare it to other servers who sell mvp cards, godly items or custom +10 stats gears.

It being obtainable in game is not the only issue with the donation items, its the fact you dont even have to do anything ingame to get them.

Money itself is an advantage.

If that was true then there would be no need to give items for donations.

If it is the main concern, then it should be balanced. But when you have power based on real world money-then it cannot be balnced by the very fact not everyone has the same opprotunities to donate. True the donation system is different than that of other servers, but to gain ANYTHING through donation spoils some aspects of the game. If balance was an issue, everyone would be equal, whether they can afford to donate or not.

[Image: barrelsigam5.jpg][Image: barrelvn0.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2007 03:06 PM by Jack Skellington.)
11-02-2007 03:02 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Oca are also obtained in game, from monsters and from fishing, don't forget, of course they don't spawn MVP cards so not sure how it is relevant to even be talking about them?

MVP are available in game to everyone, Bloody Branch are too.

Someone donating is helping the server you play on, shouldn't you be thankful to them? Only 100+ donations get BB, which is really only a handful of players, more BB have been handed out for event than for donating.

The fact that things obtainable with donations are also obtainable in game for a player who works for it is what keeps a certain balance. And don't forget you have to work one way or another to earn the $ to donate.

~ Server Admin ~
11-02-2007 03:09 PM
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

You can't gain MVP cards through donation.

You can't gain +7/8/9/10 through donation.

You can't gain lvls through donation.

You can't gain chars/classes through donation.

Let me give you a living example:

One of the most active donators is Hellish. He donates a lot, ($300 or more so far). Yet all he has is a lvl 95 or 96 Assassin. Despite the cards/items/zeny he has from OCAs/OBBs/OPBs, he is no where near trans. And he can't kill any MVP. Why? Because he doesn't work hard enough to be ABLE to kill an MVP. I am not saying he is lazy or anything, but really, to be able to make the optimum use of the BBs, you need to be able to kill what comes out of them first. If you want to talk numbers, let's do so. 75% of my MVP cards came out from MVPs on the field, even though I've killed over 200 BB'ed MVPs.

@Pandora - I am pretty sure people found out the new BB method. I know 4 who already do.
11-02-2007 03:16 PM
Sekaru Offline
Winter's Hope

@bloody being banned LMFAO typical bullshit Icon_razz

I am respecting my ban lol just had to comment on that severe injustice...

this never I see under ban will be lifted well better be a joke cause I did f*** all ..

Ice, Honor, Pride,     HeRo...
[Image: siggysek.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2007 04:06 PM by Sekaru.)
11-02-2007 03:17 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

How the hell are you still posting, you're banned get out of here, both of you!

~ Server Admin ~
11-02-2007 03:22 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

mvp cards arent that cheap in woe imo. good gears, not cheap though. gtb is cheap against a wiz in pvp maybe, but in woe i dont think so.

bloody worked his butt off for everything that he has. admittedly his luck is insane as well but he did work for what he has.

there is no reason to disable mvp cards.
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2007 04:45 PM by teOx.)
11-02-2007 04:45 PM
Master Chief Offline
Spartan Leader

I agree on the Disabling...

Maya purple(I know not MVP but could be an exception) - detects hidden
GTB - unaffected by magic

i dont feel like searching what other mvp cards do... to keep it simple, something like this really can make a character godly

example: Equip a Paladin with a GTB and you got a god... cause he doesnt need to worry about magic and can focus on max physical defence where they reflect % of damage back to the attacker or if ranged reduces their damage by 80%(correct me if im wrong)

so tell me how do you kill this... especially if lets say one had ghostring armor... i dont mind ghostring armor... but GTB has WAY too much of an effect in PvP/WoE

~Spartan Leader~

UNSC: Assault Squad's Co-Leader
Master Chief(Spartan-117)
[Image: Halo3-3.jpg][Image: 2i9nkoy.png]
11-02-2007 07:08 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

which is why you need to kill gtb an average of around 3000 times to get one... if you think its so good go out and hunt like the people who worked their butts off and have them did. dont just complain about it being too strong and say it should be disabled...
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2007 07:54 PM by teOx.)
11-02-2007 07:53 PM
Kenkaru Offline

Ok Mvp cards don't change anything in woe, seriously only way an mvp card can unbalance it is that:

A) Dual dagger SinX get doppel + inca + unholy water for a 10 seconds emp break maybe less not sure but I know you need megs to make it 2 - 1 secs. Is this preventable ? Yes. Pre cast + traps + stalker full strip.

B) Palli got GTB ? Full strip + quick ashura stride deals with that, sure he can gospel but he cannot gospel re-equip and rebuff all in one sec. Ok

C) Maya purple is annoying but hey sight covers enough ground for maya purple to be unneeded.

D) That the upgrade with Ifrit on it was implemented and someone "Somehow soloed it" <---Impossible believe me. And that this card fell on a super novice hands.

But aside from that none of the mvp cards really unbalance anything, Most useful cards doppel, incant, pharaoh orc lord gtb and maya can be left useless easily. Full strip handles all aside from maya and not being a wizard handle maya so there you go. Plan your strategy and you deal with those with mvp cards in no time.

Also I don't see why people complains about this server donations...I mean IRo got Kafra shop for the sake of Jesus >_>...

50%extra Exp for 15 mins vs 15 obbs ? Who is breaking the balance here people ?

I'm not a donator since I don't have an active credit card but if i did I would donate to this server just because I love it. Ok
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2007 08:01 PM by Kenkaru.)
11-02-2007 08:00 PM
Thread Closed