Poll: Should we keep location of player hidden in CP?
Yes!
No, go back to the way it was.
I just don't care.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
CP Player Location
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

RE: ??CP Player Location

The Legendary Joe Wrote:
Yumera Wrote:And whats the problem with people following you? Usually it's just friends wanting to surprise other friends.

How would??you like??somebody play Big Brother to you, constantly looking over your shoulder? Everywhere you go, Not even the toilet is a safe haven anymore, for HE is always right there, behind you. Never saying??a word; just watching and staring. This may go on for weeks, Months, or even YEARS.??I don't care who you are, eventually it will start to wear on you. What is this??person thinking while he watches you? Is it love? Is it Sadism; he laughs at your every misfortune? Is he Jealous towards you? Maybe he is thinking something perverse, something of Immense morbid??pleasure.??You do not know. He just stands there and stares,??Looking at you with those cold Beady eyes. Staring and staring, until it pierces the fabric of your very soul.

The eyes, the??small beady??eyes! Why do they look at you so? The curiosity might drive some mad.??You may ask, but will he answer?What does he do when he's NOT watching you? Is your stuff safe? Did you lock the House this morning?

CRAP! While you were deep in thought, you remembered you forgot to turn off your stove this morning,??and now your home lie in ashes.

On the internet, you can never be 100% sure the people you talk to are who they say they are. They could be good roleplayers pretending to be someone you know, or they could be an complete stranger. Even pictures can be stolen from places like Myspace or Facebook. Who am I to tell you this? For all you know, I could be Jackie Chan or Chuck Norris, Oprah Winfry or Doctor Phil. Personally, I'd like to claim I'm Patrick Stewart (Captain Jean Luc Picard), but that'd be an insult to the good man. ?We may all meet in game, but I still consider people I meet here, as people I met on the internet, and as such, Each and every one of you could be??Sexual predators, or terrorists, or con artists. The fact the community is so suspiciously awesome makes me more suspicious.

That stalker I wrote about, could be anyone??who follows you in game (via CP or actually following you). That fire, was your??Hard drive??burning for taking too long to read this.

[Image: bkcrowncardthekingen01.png]

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2009 12:55 PM by Kadar.)
06-24-2009 05:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Former-GM-Nara Offline
Nara-Oopsies™ since 2009

RE: CP Player Location

Now that's just being silly Icon_biggrin'

[Image: Meow_by_CriG.gif]
Fear the all mighty!
Review heRO RMS
heRO: Wiki ~ Forum ~ CP ~ Support ticket
06-24-2009 05:41 PM
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

Silly is what we do Icon_wink

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
06-24-2009 07:02 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

At least this thread is more exciting than the TV right now @_@

*watches intensely as it's a tie again*

06-24-2009 08:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sepharius Offline
:3

Looking at the poll results, the GMs are split evenly between yes and no.

=_=

[Image: chibiscorp.jpg]
Want Third class sprites? Click here!
06-24-2009 09:54 PM
varee Offline

I say yes to see location, to pick out that KSer who is quick on the Teleport key.
06-24-2009 10:52 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE:??CP Player Location

Sepharius Wrote:Looking at the poll results, the GMs are split evenly between yes and no.

=_=

From a GM perspective, it's easier to have the location. Although we do have a command that shows player location ingame, we can't see everyone's location very easily because the bottom of the list pushes those at the front of the list off of the chatbox because of sheer number of lines alone. Having the CP with location does help with GMing.

But then, hey if it doesn't slow down other progresses as it's already done, I don't mind the changes and the GM thing is a small inconvenience to some of the other side effects of CP showing location.

06-24-2009 11:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sepharius Offline
:3

Isn't it possible to make it so only GMs can see locations?

[Image: chibiscorp.jpg]
Want Third class sprites? Click here!
06-24-2009 11:16 PM
JJJ Offline
JJJ

B> option that lets the USER decided if they want their location shown or not

*before you ask, yes it has been done before*

[Image: SignatureVersion22.png][Image: Liffinished-1-1.png]
I Love To Help So If You Ever Need Something Feel Free To PM Me ^_^
06-25-2009 02:27 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

Looks like the poll is... making conflict.
People have said "Yes, make it visible" in the thread, and have then voted the yes option on the poll, which technically goes against what they want. oO

Inasad
stop doing dickers
06-25-2009 03:07 AM