Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Suggested Mage/Wizard Stat Point & Skill Set
Magister Magi Offline
Commander Of The Queen's Knights

Suggested Mage/Wizard Stat Point & Skill Set

I'm new to this server and would like some help if possible. The max level/job level is different from the place I played last so I'm kind of at a loss as to what skills I should learn/max as a Mage and later a Wizard (both non-trans and trans). Also, what stats should I focus on while leveling?

I'm aiming for a wizard with max Int and fast casting. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[Image: RickyBanner14.jpg]
C1- Ricky Falenas (Magician) 50/37
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2009 08:26 AM by Magister Magi.)
07-07-2009 06:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bloodbane Away
¤†Hero of old times†¤

RE: Suggested Mage/Wizard Stat Point & Skill Set

int and dex max,all caster classes are the same sadly IMO!!

as for skill set, have sg lvl 10 and that's pretty much all you use as a wizard to lvl in nameless.

sage is a diff story:

solo : thunderstorm + dex gears and mob annolians.

Party : all bolt skills + cards to aid damage and etc(siroma add damage to cold bolt and such)

hum...

i suggest changing to second class at j lvl 50 as mage since you will need all the skills you can get.

Fire bolt will be the main lvling skill of a mage since we have moscovia (zz i hate mosco)

i dont really know a lot on wizards so pardon my ignorance, least hope my ramblings helped a bit.

Never forget the old days.
[Image: screenheRO-Server124-1.jpg]

-~Proud husband, father, and the luckiest guy in the world.~-

Steam Profile
Youtube
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2009 09:20 AM by Bloodbane.)
07-07-2009 09:15 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Firebolt is still bread and butter to level in many places as a mage (geos and soils also come to mind).

I'm not a wiz player, but high int and dex will allow you to do high damage and cast pretty quickly.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
07-07-2009 09:41 AM
Magister Magi Offline

So, should I max out my Fire Bolt spell? What other skills would be good to learn? Could you elaborate a little more on the geos and soils? I'm ashamed to admit that I don't remember that term. x.x

And what exactly is sg? I get the feeling it's painfully obvious.

One more question. xD What's the maximum number that a stat can be raised to?

07-07-2009 10:08 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Max stat is 99 like official servers.
SG=Storm Gust, the skill all wizzies abuse.
Geo are Geographers, the flower monsters that sit outside north of Einbroch while Soils are also known as Mi Gaos I believe, they reside outside of Louyang.

I personally don't have much experience with wiz, but I believe my boyfriend liked maxing firebolt when he played his :O
Of course get Jupital Thunder when you are a wizard too. Many also grab Firewall (though the level to get is up to you, I suggest at least level 5 to make it semi useful) and Wizzies grab Quagmire too.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
07-07-2009 10:22 AM
Magister Magi Offline

Storm Gust? ...I knew it was painfully obvious. xD

Hmm...that sounds like a good list of skills. What about Lord of Vermillion or Meteor Storm? Also, should I get any supportive skills (passive or otherwise)?

As for the rest of the advice, thanks a bunch.

07-07-2009 10:39 AM
Zeena Offline

Lord of Vermillion and Meteor Storm skills can also be good skills for partying in Nameless. However, I would chose one or the other to max out, instead of having them both L5. Lord of Vermillion is useful in Rachel Sanctuary if you plan on soloing, or even partying there. At least that's the skill I chose out of the two. I also got SP Recovery, but only to like L4, since we already have a lot of SP to begin with. Any more questions?

PS: All my bolt skills are L5, with Fire Wall L10 and getting Quagmire maxed out. Storm Gust is L10 for me as well, for Nameless of course. However, you can always go a different way. It's not a bad idea to max out Fire Bolt. However, I didn't. Icon_biggrin

PPS: As for stats, I'm maxing out DEX, for faster casting, and getting a lot of INT, yet not maxing it. Only because I'm going to put a few stat points into VIT, since Wizards have extremely low HP, and it'd help not dying all the time.

Hope that helped. No1
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2009 11:53 AM by Zeena.)
07-07-2009 11:49 AM
Magister Magi Offline

I think I'll go with Lord of Vermillion then. SP Recovery does sound like a good idea. The only other question I have is other than INT, VIT, and DEX, should I just leave the other stats at 1?

I suppose I'll get Fire Bolt to LV5 at least, and worry about going any higher after I start the transcendant path (how much does it cost to do that anyways?).

07-07-2009 12:23 PM
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

Everyone builds differently but here are a few ideas:

If you max dex as well as int- then you can gear differnly depending on the situation that you find yourself in which is very nice. That way you can go 140 int if you need it, but at the same time swap some gears and go 130 dex without too much work.

As for skills, PLEASE get SP recovery. The claim that you "have enough" does not fly. I find it a sad, sad day when wizards are asking a prof for SP. In a real party, you will use enough SP to drain your supply, so get SP recovery and lots of it.

I personally wouldn't dump stat points in much of anything else besides dex and int just becuase in a good party you should never have to worry about anything besides casting.

Skills: LoV is a pointless skill in a party, it doesn't do that great of damage, and it's just annoying. However in a solo setting it is a usefull skill because you can freeze a mob with SG and then LoV the entire thing. So if you're planning to solo a lot get LoV, if you're planning to party, get MS.

Quag is a must. No one has mentioned it yet, but it is something that every wizard must get, no questions asked.

JT is a nice one as well- but yet again, if you're planning to party a lot, you'll never use it. A single target spell is not what people are looking for from wizards when you get into a party.

As for mage skills, I would say use bolts to level into wizard, then restat once you get into wizard. Yet again you do not need things like firebolt 10 when you're a wizard, because you'll have meteor storm. When first leveling as a mage, take your bolts, run around bolt everything that moves, and then once you become a wizard, get rid of most of your bolts, get increase SP 9 or 10, safety wall 10, and any prerequisits that you need for wizard skills.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Good luck at wizarding. If you want to talk in game, I'm usually sitting in Payon if you need me.

Edit: going trans is going to take you some time. My suggestion- play through all of your 99 levels, and then once you get ready to trans if you have any questions, ask them then. Right now trying to worry about trans builds is something that you don't need to worry about.
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2009 12:27 PM by Adrillf.)
07-07-2009 12:23 PM
Magister Magi Offline

So much good advice it's confusing. xD Someone should organize this info and turn it into a guide or something.

How many levels should I spend in Bolts then? The only skills aside from the basic Novice skill that are leveled are Fire Bolt (LV3) and SP Recovery (LV1 or 2 I think).

EDIT: I was just asking how much it costs to do that since I saw a couple of people talking about it in-game.

(This post was last modified: 07-07-2009 12:33 PM by Magister Magi.)
07-07-2009 12:31 PM