Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Boxer Crab casts EDP on his fists.
Kretzer Offline
Fat-Ality

Boxer Crab casts EDP on his fists.

The Boxer Crab and his Anemone Gloves

[Image: 25853.jpg?v=1]

FACT: The ocean is crazy as crap. You need look no further than the relationship between the boxer crab and the anemone for proof of that. The anemone isn't just an anus mouthed magic-eye painting, at least not in the hands of the boxer crab. To the crab, the anemone is the perfect sidekick against predators and prey alike. There have been plenty of classic sidekick relationships: Batman and Robin, Kirk and Spock, Holmes and Watson; but the relationship between the anemone and the boxer crab is less like Ed McMahon to Johnny Carson, and more like Rob Schneider to literally anybody that will pay attention to him. See, this sidekick desperately grapples onto the host's body, permanently attaching to its claws like toxic mittens.

What the Huh?

Little Mac up there isn't just carrying those pompom anemones; they're actually growing on him. And he wants them there. He has straight up weaponized another animal. Because those precious mittens aren't just for flair, they're going to kill that crab some food. And for their services, the pompoms get some scraps and mobility. The only equivalent we can imagine would be if a whole race of people grafted angry toddlers to their arms, then walked around swinging those babies at would-be interlopers. This analogy especially works if the toddlers are dripping in poison and have dreadlocks.

[Image: 25852.jpg?v=1]
Like this, but gloves.

The boxer crab just wanders around the ocean, knocking motherfuckers out with its poisonous predator fists. So when you lay your head on your pillow tonight, just before you close your eyes, remember this: You live in a world where things that look like a cross between a deep-sea spider and a cobra team up with venomous tentacled sphincters to uppercut poison into all that oppose them.

Sleep tight!

The original article can be found over at http://www.cracked.com wich is arguably the funniest website in the history of ever. Normally I don't come here with shameless promotion BUT this one particular article was effing great. I could just imagine that thing Sonic Blowing fishes and stuff.
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2010 09:22 PM by Kretzer.)
07-02-2010 09:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

RE: Boxer Crab casts EDP on his fists.

Lol, that was frigging great.

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
07-02-2010 10:32 PM
Sepharius Offline
:3

Can it cast Cloaking?

[Image: chibiscorp.jpg]
Want Third class sprites? Click here!
07-02-2010 10:41 PM
iTz ChaoZ Away
Old News

You mean a combo like Rob and Big..
07-02-2010 10:42 PM
Kari Nogashi Offline
Forum Dweller

it seems like its lacking somthing......acid vomit perhaps
07-02-2010 11:21 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

crazier still: the mantis shrimp!

Called "sea locusts" by ancient Assyrians, "prawn killers" in Australia and now sometimes referred to as "thumb splitters" ? because of the animal's ability to inflict painful gashes if handled incautiously[4] ? mantis shrimp sport powerful claws that they use to attack and kill prey by spearing, stunning or dismemberment. Although it happens rarely, some larger species of mantis shrimp are capable of breaking through aquarium glass with a single strike from this weapon.[5]
(from wiki)

i've seen one of them while diving like 8 years ago. My diving instructor told me not to touch it because he once covered a mantis shrimp with a tea glass and that shrimp karate-punched the glass to smithereens... Sweat

behold what google brought in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezRCQZgVEec

-w-
07-03-2010 07:22 AM
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

Hey Maha, check this one out =D

Its like...he didn't expect the thing to hurt him. :I http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wRpTmcPC4I&NR=1

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
07-03-2010 11:40 AM